Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=41176.75

Stimley edges out Miller for recorder spot

Joseph Malan
The News-Dispatch

LA PORTE - In a race that was hotly contested through most of the evening, Democrat Johnny Stimley pulled away late to beat Republican Suzanne L. Miller for La Porte County Recorder.

Stimley received 23,694 votes, or 54.2 percent, while Miller had 20,024 votes, or 45.8 percent.

Stimley, owner of two bars in Michigan City, said he was serious about making the recorder's office his full-time job and said he would get right down to business.

"I'm going to be community-oriented and donate different things to different funds," Stimley said.

Miller, who was at Silver Palace in La Porte on Tuesday night, said she didn't know what to expect coming into the race for recorder. However, she was determined not to give up, even with a late deficit.

"They tell me to hang in there," she said.

Miller noted she may not run again for the recorder's office.

During most of the evening, the candidates were within only a few percentage points of each other.

Stimley commended Miller, saying he was facing off against an excellent candidate.

"She's a great person," Stimley said. "I'm so glad she ran."

Even if Stimley were to lose, he said it was certainly worth running for the office.

"You never expect to lose when you run for something," he said.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:17 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com