Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Prosecuting Attorney
Ang
post Sep 29 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

So, what's up with the Prosecuting Attorney? How many people are running for this besides "Z" and can we have a Q&A for the candidates? My biggest concern is Child Support enforcement. So far my ex is 34K behind and Beckman's office has done NOTHING about it, they won't even return my calls anymore. I want a prosecutor who will enforce child support, and if it isn't paid, then go after the dead-beat dad (or mom) who isn't taking care of their responsibilities--not only for myself, but for all the other custodial parents out there who aren't getting their child support.

I've done a little research on this issue and LaPorte county is the only one who doesn't enforce child support, or extradite the dead-beats. Jasper & Starke Co's go after the dead-beat when they are 6 months behind. My ex is 6 years behind and so far all LP Co has done is sent a letter. Humph!!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 29 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2

I don't know if there are usually forums in the PAs race. I do know that the Republicans are running Alan Sirinek against Z. I do not know too much about the candidates in this race honestly. I also tried to find if there was a Libertarian candidate, but I can't find their slate on either their webpage, twitter, or facebook page.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Sep 29 2010, 03:21 PM
Post #3

Isn't Sirinek Beckman's asst? If so, that guy surely won't get my vote. I'm sure if you take Beckman's asst, there won't be much change and I'm not very happy with the way some things go in that dept.

Can we do an email and have them post their platform here? I'd be really interested to see what both have to say and why they think I should vote for them.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
kharris
post Sep 29 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 588

QUOTE(Ang @ Sep 29 2010, 04:21 PM) *

Isn't Sirinek Beckman's asst? If so, that guy surely won't get my vote. I'm sure if you take Beckman's asst, there won't be much change and I'm not very happy with the way some things go in that dept.

Can we do an email and have them post their platform here? I'd be really interested to see what both have to say and why they think I should vote for them.

Just want to say Ang, that just because Alan is a deputy prosecutor right now, doesn't necessarily mean that he will handle things the way in which Beckman currently does. With that said, if you wish to know more about anybody's candidacy, there are 4 different candidate forums coming up in the month of October.

The first will be October 9th at 6pm at the Rolling Prairie VFW and is sponsored by the VFW Ladies Auxillary. The next is sponsored by the LaPorte, Porter, Starke Tavern Assoc and will be held at Mug Shots at 2pm on Tues Oct 12th. The League of Women Voters is sponsoring the 3rd forum at 6pm at Barker Middle School on Oct 14th, and the fiinal forum currently scheduled will be at the County Complex at 7pm on Oct 21st. This one is sposnored by LaPorte County Farm Bureau.

I encourage everyone to attend at least one of these forums if you want to be informed about the candidates before the Nov election. I can say that the majority of these functions are poorly attended and it is frustrating for candidates who want to put their message out only to find that people do not attend. Each of of these forums will allow questions and I am sure that most, if not all candidates will be willing to hang around afterwards to speak to people who want to know more.

I also would not be opposed to a forum here as has happened in the past.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Sep 30 2010, 11:43 AM
Post #5

Thanks Keith! I appreciate the info and will see which one fits my schedule best.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
ZAS
post Oct 16 2010, 07:07 PM
Post #6

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,042

Both candidates have websites:

www.zforprosecutor.com

www.alansirinek.com
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:33 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com