Southsider2k12
post Sep 18 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=50770.42

Political Notebook, Sept. 18, 2007
MICHIGAN CITY - Republican City Council candidates Keith Harris for 2nd Ward and Barth Hobbs for at-large are hosting a Polish dinner fundraiser from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29, at St. Joseph Young Men's Society, 2001 Franklin St.

The menu includes Polish sausage and sauerkraut, cabbage rolls, pierogis, potatoes, green beans, dinner rolls and a beverage for $7.50 for adults and free for children 10 and under.

The dinner is an opportunity is learn more about both candidates.

Tickets are available at the door or in advance by calling either 878-9780 or 879-6339. Meals ordered by phone will be delivered.

Fo more information, visit www.harrisforcouncilward2.com.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kharris
post Sep 18 2007, 01:29 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 588

QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Sep 18 2007, 01:08 PM) *

Thanks for posting the press release in this forum. But, I do need to make a correction. The original article said "Tickets ordered by phone will be delivered". I have asked the N-D for a correction since they printed "Meals ordered by phone will be delivered". But thanks for post!
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Sep 19 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3

Welcome, kharris!

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post Sep 19 2007, 11:42 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Sep 19 2007, 10:58 AM) *

Welcome, kharris!

Yes!! Welcome! We love candidates here because we know our voices and concerns are heard. Please come back often and throw in your two-cents. We like the feedback even more and a lot of times it helps to clear up misunderstandings.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Sep 20 2007, 09:23 AM
Post #5

I imagine the candidates who do happen upon this site have an interest in looking over the previous stuff re the primary election.

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Oct 11 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #6

How did the Harris feed go? How is the campaign going?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
kharris
post Oct 11 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Oct 11 2007, 02:04 PM) *

How did the Harris feed go? How is the campaign going?

I'd have to say that the event was a success ... over 100 people. Some folks jsut came for the food, but most were there to meet the candidates. Campaign is going great. Appeared on the News & Views Show last weekend and just did the candidate interview with ALCO channel 97. They will begin airing the candidate interviews I believe on Oct 25th. I'll be out knocking on doors until then end. Feedback so far is great! Had a press release in the N-D under political notebook on Tuesday, Oct 9th. Expect to see other releases each week until the election. Happy to anser questions anyone has to ask.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Oct 15 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #8

I have a keen interest in making and keeping the Lakefront and TC Corridor open to the public and accessible, รก la Grant Park in miniature here. That usually means that I am opposed to building to the water's edge. How do you feel about open, accessible parks in those areas?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
kharris
post Oct 15 2007, 05:01 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Oct 15 2007, 12:27 PM) *

I have a keen interest in making and keeping the Lakefront and TC Corridor open to the public and accessible, รก la Grant Park in miniature here. That usually means that I am opposed to building to the water's edge. How do you feel about open, accessible parks in those areas?

I agree that we ned to keep the areas open ... I am opposed the introduction of allowing privatedevelopment in the park. Our resources, Washington Park, are incredible in size. To open these areas up to private development can onlyt minimize what we already do not have enough of. If a private entity moves into the Yacht Club building to open a restaurant would be a feasible and acceptable additiopn to the park, but to build any more of anything at the lakefront would certainly be a travesty in the making.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Oct 17 2007, 11:21 AM
Post #10

Ideally, the Yacht Club area would just be a lease. I am still concerned about the Trail Creek Corridor.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
kharris
post Oct 22 2007, 04:57 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Oct 17 2007, 12:21 PM) *

Ideally, the Yacht Club area would just be a lease. I am still concerned about the Trail Creek Corridor.

Sorry for the delay in responding ... work and campaign keeping me incredibly busy. In any case, I agree that the Trail Creek Corridor should remain open with the exception of nature/bike trails. This does pose a problem though with a great deal of these areas being privately owned. If curent zoning regs allow for development of condos or such, it is going to be incredibly difficult to stop these kinds of developments. A perfect example of this kind of development are the hotelminimums going up where Swingbellies resides. Money talks and the current administration listens. Changes need to be made in an attempt to preserve some of the resources we currently have.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Oct 23 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #12

The current administration needs to be jolted out of office. Too bad; they are just being returned to office. They have the potential to REALLY screw up (pardon the language) if allowed.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
kharris
post Oct 23 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Oct 23 2007, 12:48 PM) *

The current administration needs to be jolted out of office. Too bad; they are just being returned to office. They have the potential to REALLY screw up (pardon the language) if allowed.

Well hopefully I can be the catalyst to begin that change after the Nov 6 election. I realize that my being the lone Republican on the council will make accomplishing much a daunting task. My plan would be to show that the "machine" is beatable and in turn encourage others to run 4 years from now. Change cannot happen overnight, but if we can begin with one and continue the momentum for more later, we have at least begun a process that just might make a difference.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 23 2007, 02:59 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 10

If I lived in MC, you would have my vote! The Dems are running the city down. MC needs GOP.

No offense to anyone, especially the Dems. Just my opinion...

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Oct 23 2007, 03:11 PM
Post #15

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 23 2007, 03:59 PM) *

If I lived in MC, you would have my vote! The Dems are running the city down. MC needs GOP.

No offense to anyone, especially the Dems. Just my opinion...

None taken. wink.gif

A bi-partisan council would do our City a lot of good, except that there is power in numbers, and it's mostly Dem.

Good luck to Hobbs/Harris/Lindborgh in the fall! The trick will be to get the voters out...
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Oct 24 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #16

What is in place to get that vote out in MC?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
kharris
post Oct 25 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Oct 24 2007, 11:54 AM) *

What is in place to get that vote out in MC?

I have been knocking on doors ... probably two-thirds of the ward so far. I have also been running radio spots on the WEFM as well as the new WIMS. These are increasing in intensity (quantity) as election day draws nearer. I am also going to have a phone bank the weekend before the election to phone all households in the ward. Feedback so far is very good. Haven't advertised it yet, but we are having a Coffee with the Candidates on Saturday Nov 3rd at Republican Headquarters, 725 Franklin (the old PDH Office Supply Bldg). No charge, all are welcome ... last chance to meet the candidates before the election. Hope many can come down.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Oct 26 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #18

What time is the coffee? And what if you are the only one there we like?

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
kharris
post Oct 26 2007, 10:46 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Oct 26 2007, 08:42 AM) *

What time is the coffee? And what if you are the only one there we like?

The coffee is 9:00am to 11:00am Sat Nov 3rd ... and if I am the only there you like, that's fine, enjoy the coffee and donuts and have a little conversation.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Oct 29 2007, 08:31 AM
Post #20

Unfortunately, that is the morning of the pnc 5k.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:23 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com