> Michigan City Football 2015
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 26 2015, 11:48 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,324

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 25 2015, 08:20 PM) *

The four suspended players are all defensemen.

That'll hurt our young defense. I also heard that the high school with impose further sanctions. Does anybody know what those might be?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 26 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #22

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Aug 26 2015, 12:48 PM) *

That'll hurt our young defense. I also heard that the high school with impose further sanctions. Does anybody know what those might be?

If based on the fighting, it could be a suspension.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 26 2015, 01:53 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Hopefully not a team suspension. It did day on there facebook page that Northridge is a go.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 26 2015, 03:57 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Aug 26 2015, 02:53 PM) *

Hopefully not a team suspension. It did day on there facebook page that Northridge is a go.

No team suspension happened. Game is on like scheduled.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 26 2015, 04:27 PM
Post #25

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

The article in the paper said that MCAS has suspended two other players indefinitly, head coach Mike Karpinski has been suspended for this weeks game at Northridge and the team must perform two community service projects one with Michigan City Pop Warner. Players and coaches must also take sportsmanship and role model classes.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 28 2015, 08:41 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Northridge 28 Michigan City 14. City led 14-7 early in the 3rd but didn't score again. Both teams made mistakes in the 1st half but Northridge cleaned there's up in the 2nd half, while City committed some bad penalties. City hosts Chesterton next week.

+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 29 2015, 08:27 AM
Post #27

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Aug 28 2015, 09:41 PM) *

Northridge 28 Michigan City 14. City led 14-7 early in the 3rd but didn't score again. Both teams made mistakes in the 1st half but Northridge cleaned there's up in the 2nd half, while City committed some bad penalties. City hosts Chesterton next week.

Before the next game with Chesterton I recommend the coaching staff needs to teach the team the fundamental rules pertaining to a fair catch.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Sep 4 2015, 03:16 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Wolves and Trojans kick off at Ames in a few hours. Lets go Wolves!!!
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Sep 4 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Chesterton 36 Michigan City 12. City led 12-10 at half but fell apart in the 2nd half. Chesterton controled the time of possession in the 2nd half and they shredded the City defense mostly on the ground. City travels to Valpo next week.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Sep 11 2015, 10:42 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Valparaiso 45 Michigan City 0. This games was never close. Valpo led 42-0 at the half. Valpo didn't score a TD in the 2nd half but they were playing reserves and likely JV players. City had numerous turnovers and penalties that stalled drives. City hosts Merrillville next week for homecoming.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Sep 20 2015, 09:48 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Merrillville 44 Michigan City 30. I wasn't at this game but sounds like Merrillville got out to a big early lead and City made it respectable in the end. City travels to Lake Central on Friday.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 24 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #32

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Sep 20 2015, 10:48 PM) *

Merrillville 44 Michigan City 30. I wasn't at this game but sounds like Merrillville got out to a big early lead and City made it respectable in the end. City travels to Lake Central on Friday.

Saturday afternoons loss to Merrillville was Mike Karpinski's 45th game as the head coach of the Michigan City Wolves. His record now stands at 9-36 which puts him right at the Mendoza line with a .200 winning percentage. Karpinski has won 4 games over Gary Roosevelt, 2 over South Bend Washington, squeaked out a win his 2nd year in 2012 at home over Lake Central and defeated Valpo and La Porte in overtime last year at Ames Field.

In Karpinski's 5 seasons at Michigan City he has failed to win a road game versus a Duneland conference opponent going 0-16 and have been outscored a staggering 551-205 in league games away from Ames Field.

Last season Scott Ormsby's Michigan City gave up an average of 25.1 points per game. So far in 2015 in four games that have gone final, Scott Ormby's Michigan City has given up 38.25 points per game

Tomorrow night Michigan City travels over to Lake Central to play in the beautiful newly reconstructed Lake Central Coliseum football stadium, it's Lake Central's Homecoming game. Lake Central High School is the 6th largest school in that state of Indiana with an enrollment of 3,196 students. Lake Central High School is nearly double the size of Michigan City High School which is the 51st largest school in the state of Indiana with a progressively declining enrollment of 1,701 students.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Sep 24 2015, 12:38 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

I'm not sure what you are getting at Tax. Do you actually see a lot of experienced talent on the team? I don't. They should be better but let's realize they don't play Roosevelt anymore and have a tougher team in Northridge. I know Northridge isn't a similar school as you alluded to in the past but Merrillville sure is and the athletes weren't even comparable. MC has a couple of good players on O and a couple on D.(Hurt, Fiske, Crawford, Jensen and possibly the other DE and C. The QB is young but isn't bad for a first year player. The problem I see is no discipline which starts at the head coach to start with and football smarts.

Isn't this team comprised of National Pop Warner players? Where's the heart? I see similarities between this team and one a few years ago. You talk up a star and then he is a no show in games.

The coaching staff has a lot of experience and is large in number so the team should be getting coached up. Sometimes the talent is just not there and remember they have yet to play a 5A school so a run to the title game like LP last year is possible.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 24 2015, 02:59 PM
Post #34

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 24 2015, 01:38 PM) *

I'm not sure what you are getting at Tax. Do you actually see a lot of experienced talent on the team? I don't. They should be better but let's realize they don't play Roosevelt anymore and have a tougher team in Northridge. I know Northridge isn't a similar school as you alluded to in the past but Merrillville sure is and the athletes weren't even comparable. MC has a couple of good players on O and a couple on D.(Hurt, Fiske, Crawford, Jensen and possibly the other DE and C. The QB is young but isn't bad for a first year player. The problem I see is no discipline which starts at the head coach to start with and football smarts.

Isn't this team comprised of National Pop Warner players? Where's the heart? I see similarities between this team and one a few years ago. You talk up a star and then he is a no show in games.

The coaching staff has a lot of experience and is large in number so the team should be getting coached up. Sometimes the talent is just not there and remember they have yet to play a 5A school so a run to the title game like LP last year is possible.
Why does Michigan City play so horrendous when they go out on the road?
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 24 2015, 03:56 PM
Post #35

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 24 2015, 01:38 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

[/quote]

There are a lot of reasons that the City football program is where it is. Coach Karpinski is so far down the list it isn't even funny.

The team this year is incredibly young and it shows.

They are by far the smallest school in the DAC.

They are probably the only town in the DAC where the youth program coaching staffs are talking kids into going to other schools, and just generally uncooperative with the high school program.

Pop Warner and their weight limits create the types of players that City is full of, but it doesn't create linemen.

Since consolidation, there really isn't much community support for any sports, let alone football, which historically hasn't been a big deal in City anyway.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Until the community unites to push the program forward as a whole, not much will change.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Sep 24 2015, 07:20 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 24 2015, 04:56 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 24 2015, 01:38 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

There are a lot of reasons that the City football program is where it is. Coach Karpinski is so far down the list it isn't even funny.
The team this year is incredibly young and it shows.

They are by far the smallest school in the DAC.

They are probably the only town in the DAC where the youth program coaching staffs are talking kids into going to other schools, and just generally uncooperative with the high school program.

Pop Warner and their weight limits create the types of players that City is full of, but it doesn't create linemen.

Since consolidation, there really isn't much community support for any sports, let alone football, which historically hasn't been a big deal in City anyway.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Until the community unites to push the program forward as a whole, not much will change.

I will go a step further. I have held off saying anything because I knew what left and what was coming back. Not saying what they had that left was great but what left last year was experienced players where it mattered. Lets start where it matters. OL- of all the OL that are playing now, only 1, yes 1 started last year. 1 other kid got a little time but not much at OL. I have seen a freshman start there. It doesn't take genius to know that will be a problem right off the top. Along with that you have a young QB-Sophomore. With youth your going to have mistakes you take your lumps and hope you can minimize them and build for the future right! Turnovers have been problem especially fumbles. Now lets talk about the defense that is at best struggling. All four DL graduated. This year they are starting a Sophomore, 3 Juniors, and a couple of games they have started a freshman there. I saw freshman playing lb and then their starting safety is out with a torn knee. None of the corners started last year. So if I got my figures right, on offense the returning starters (4), on defense (3). I can't even go and watch my nephews jv game because they don't have enough kids to play JV on Saturday because of all the jv kids playing on Friday night. Now put those same jv kids up with no experience against kids with experience and its not hard to see what is happening. That is a stat that you can't put numbers on. So when you talk numbers and reasons look for what some of the underlying reasons may be that numbers can't represent. My time is up, got to get back to the Galv Line.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 25 2015, 08:03 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(backwoods @ Sep 24 2015, 08:20 PM) *

I will go a step further. I have held off saying anything because I knew what left and what was coming back. Not saying what they had that left was great but what left last year was experienced players where it mattered. Lets start where it matters. OL- of all the OL that are playing now, only 1, yes 1 started last year. 1 other kid got a little time but not much at OL. I have seen a freshman start there. It doesn't take genius to know that will be a problem right off the top. Along with that you have a young QB-Sophomore. With youth your going to have mistakes you take your lumps and hope you can minimize them and build for the future right! Turnovers have been problem especially fumbles. Now lets talk about the defense that is at best struggling. All four DL graduated. This year they are starting a Sophomore, 3 Juniors, and a couple of games they have started a freshman there. I saw freshman playing lb and then their starting safety is out with a torn knee. None of the corners started last year. So if I got my figures right, on offense the returning starters (4), on defense (3). I can't even go and watch my nephews jv game because they don't have enough kids to play JV on Saturday because of all the jv kids playing on Friday night. Now put those same jv kids up with no experience against kids with experience and its not hard to see what is happening. That is a stat that you can't put numbers on. So when you talk numbers and reasons look for what some of the underlying reasons may be that numbers can't represent. My time is up, got to get back to the Galv Line.

I knew their was a lot of new faces, but I didn't realize it was THAT many.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Sep 25 2015, 09:42 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

I can buy the youth of a team being a problem. Lack of community support is a lame response though. The football team plays in one of the premier facilities in the state, there is a strong Parent Group established, the Pop Warner program for any short comings it has is successful and you are feeding only one school. Money which was a short lived problem a few years ago appears not to be a problem now since the team has more coaches than some small college programs. The coaches on the staff are experinced and very diverse. Numbers of kids playing is comparable to other area schools and even some of the 6A programs. A whole generation only knows MC High. The lineman issue doesn't hold water either as LaPorte fields a Pop Warner program and so does Chesterton and they don't have an issue with lack of big lineman who can play. The DL as Backwoods stated last year was a big strength of the team.

How could Buzea get the team to be competitive in 3 years? Did he have better kids, maybe? Maybe he held kids accountable to some extent and had a good weight training/conditioning program? Who knows maybe kids were just more coachable 6-7 years ago. Either way I think we can all agree that we don't seem to get all the expected results out of the talent we think is there for whatever reason and that is too bad. All we can do is support the kids and hope for better results tonight against LC. By the way Tax, LC is not that good of a team for having the 6th largest student popluation in the state. Very beatable. I have to get back to my Madden game now to figure out plays to help the Bears and Colts come up with a win.

+Quote Post
backwoods
post Sep 26 2015, 01:15 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 980

Took the drive out to St. John Last night with my brother. Hate the drive, love the the pizza joint just south west of the school. After reading all about the statistics that were being thrown out there, I thought I would take notes on things about the game. Your statistics are right on with what they are allowing per game defensively. But after looking at my notes, I saw some things that statistics don't reflect like I stated earlier in my post. Defense was on the field first. LC drove the field on them for a TD. That is on the defense no questions. Offense comes out and throws a hb pass and catches LC. Loved it. The offense ran pretty effectively between the tackles with a new rb (?)and then stalled out and punted. The defense took the field with a short field. After moving the ball close to the endzone, the defense held LC to a Field Goal. Plus for the defense. Offense got the ball and threw and INT at the 16. Again defense is in a hole here with their backs against the wall. LC moves the ball to the 5 and is stopped. LC kicks a FG. Offense takes the ball and moves it on several plays and punts. Defense takes The field with a long field. LC moves the ball across the 50 to approx the 40 and they 4 and out. Plus for the defense. Offense takes field and goes down the field added by a huge penelty. I think there was two. On a goaline play a fumble occurs and city recovers it.. a couple plays later city has a TD off a pass. Plus for the offense. defense takes the field, they cause a fumble and give the ball back to the offense with a short field 25 going in down 12-6. I look at my brother and said crucial possession right here we can go up right here.
City goes 4 and out. Defense takes the field and on the next play LC runs a swing pass and defender in the area miss plays it and off to the races. Just like that it went from things going cities way to lc's way. LC added a FG to end the half after city has a fumble.

Start of 3rd City has ball, throws int and has a penelty. LC has the ball at the 10 going in and scores. Cities next offense play goes down to the 6 going in and another int. I quit taking notes after that.

What does all this say. Yes at the end of the day it was 40 to 6. But what the score does not tell you is the struggle inside the score. Field position, turnovers 2 fumbles/2 ints, time of possession.

I will not blame one side or the other for this game. There were big plays given up by the defense passing! And missed opportunities by the offense. On both sides of the ball there is alot of inexperience out there! I got into a discussion about it with a fan in the stands. She kept saying well there are seniors out there playing too. Well it really doesn't matter if they are 5th year seniors if they have no experience at playing...

I felt like i had to take notes to make sure i could back up what i would say afterwards. Alot is said about what happens at a game by just looking at the score. But sometimes the score does not reflect what actually took place. that is from my perspective i guess.

On a side note, I was left scratching my head when LC was up 33-6 in the 4th and went for 2. they failed. Then they onside kicked it on the following kick off. Is there bad blood between lc and City? Was there a point spread that needed to be met? I was in total shock after that one.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Oct 2 2015, 10:11 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Michigan City 27 Portage 26. City wins there 1st game of the season tonight as they beat Portage. Portage led 26-14 in the 4th before City rallied. The twin backs had huge nights tonight including one had a kick return for a TD but it was Orson Eckwood who had the game winning TD with 22.8 seconds left. City travels to LaPorte next week.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:21 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com