Reply to this topicStart new topic
> michigan city football 2014
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 19 2014, 02:00 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,324

Friday night is the opener at Home against Gary Roosevelt. Who's going? Also, from what I hear it is also Pop Warner night at Ames.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 19 2014, 02:33 PM
Post #22

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I'll be there as long as it isn't storming.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 19 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #23

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Aug 19 2014, 03:00 PM) *

Friday night is the opener at Home against Gary Roosevelt. Who's going? Also, from what I hear it is also Pop Warner night at Ames.
I won't be there Friday night but will be attending all the other games this season, but like southsider, not if it's storming.

+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Aug 21 2014, 04:02 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

It is too bad this game is still on the schedule. You gain nothing from playing this team other than an easy "W". Maybe that is why this game never gets dropped. I have heard that MC pays Gary $$$ to show up. If this is true another good reason to have the new AD look for another game. If you have bad weather you will probably have 200 people in the stands, just enough to pay the refs and Gary. I wish the team well but I hope the AD looks at putting on a quality opponent down the road. Roosevelt and Washington do not prepare you for playing in the DAC or sectionals.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 21 2014, 05:21 PM
Post #25

Since we put Gary Roosevelt on the schedule in 1999, 15 of our 45 football wins have come against them.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Aug 21 2014, 06:56 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Aug 21 2014, 05:02 PM) *

It is too bad this game is still on the schedule. You gain nothing from playing this team other than an easy "W". Maybe that is why this game never gets dropped. I have heard that MC pays Gary $$$ to show up. If this is true another good reason to have the new AD look for another game. If you have bad weather you will probably have 200 people in the stands, just enough to pay the refs and Gary. I wish the team well but I hope the AD looks at putting on a quality opponent down the road. Roosevelt and Washington do not prepare you for playing in the DAC or sectionals.

I will agree that Gary serves no point and believe this is the last year they are on the schedule. I thought last year was the last year too... With Washington its a different story, in my opinion. City won last year, but has lost the previous three years to them. Washington gives them a speed - aggressive - defensive team and a spread/speed look offense similar to Merr on both sides of the ball. I can remember Deiter making plays all over the field two years in a row. I know SB Washington two years had a poor regular season and went all the way to state only to lose in the championship game.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 21 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #27

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(backwoods @ Aug 21 2014, 07:56 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Aug 21 2014, 05:02 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I will agree that Gary serves no point and believe this is the last year they are on the schedule. I thought last year was the last year too... With Washington its a different story, in my opinion. City won last year, but has lost the previous three years to them. Washington gives them a speed - aggressive - defensive team and a spread/speed look offense similar to Merr on both sides of the ball. I can remember Deiter making plays all over the field two years in a row. I know SB Washington two years had a poor regular season and went all the way to state only to lose in the championship game.

I'm glad City is playing South Bend Washington on the road this year. Does anybody aware that MC has not won an away game since beating Crown Point 35-3 on October 14, 2009, 4 SEASONS AGO.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Aug 21 2014, 08:27 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 21 2014, 08:34 PM) *

I'm glad City is playing South Bend Washington on the road this year. Does anybody aware that MC has not won an away game since beating Crown Point 35-3 on October 14, 2009, 4 SEASONS AGO.

Which is the last time City beat SBW, before last year. I think their speed will be a good test for our speed on offense. I am curious how we handle their speed on offense, defensively. City did a good job last year with it on our turf field. One neutral factor is the high grass of school field...
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 22 2014, 07:50 AM
Post #29

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(backwoods @ Aug 21 2014, 09:27 PM) *

Which is the last time City beat SBW, before last year. I think their speed will be a good test for our speed on offense. I am curious how we handle their speed on offense, defensively. City did a good job last year with it on our turf field. One neutral factor is the high grass of school field...

That is my goal for the team this year, just win an away game, it would be the first of the Karpinski era.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 22 2014, 08:51 AM
Post #30

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school...6933cb814d.html

Michigan City Wolves

Inside the Wolves

Last season: 2-8

Returning starters: 13 (6 offense, 7 defense)

Returning offensive leader

Ryan Washington, Sr., QB.

Returning defensive leader

Matthew Schoof, Sr., MLB.

Everybody's All-American

Ryan Washington, Sr., QB. A dangerous runner who can throw it from Ames Field to Lake Michigan, the dual threat spent the summer honing his finesse passes. "We know he can throw it through a brick wall," coach Mike Karpinski said. "He really worked on his touch. He has to know when to put some touch on it and when to put some zip on it." Washington will also see time on defense.

He's got next

Cevin Crawford, Jr., WR. Receiver looked like a position of a concern, but the 6-foot-4 Crawford, who is back out after not playing last year, could alleviate those worries. "He's athletic," Karpinski said. "He has good size. He can go up and get the football."

The Times' breakdown

Despite the record, the Wolves were competitive in most games last season and, as usual, don't lack talent. "We've made little strides," Karpinski said. "Now we're looking at making big strides. The veterans believe and the young kids are very confident. They've been successful. They have a little chip in their shoulder. The battle we're facing is making sure everybody feels the same way. I think we're ready to make the next step." Washington is flanked by a deep backfield with hard inside runner James Lane III, Aryuan Cain-Veasey and Marquis Hurt, maybe the fastest Wolf. They will work behind a line with three starters back. "Offensively, we may be more talented than we've ever been," Karpinski said. An experienced defense features Schoof, DL Frank Janatik and CB Malik Brooks. Karpinski also feels better about team depth, which has usually been an issue in the past. — Jim Peters
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 22 2014, 02:01 PM
Post #31

Really Comfortable

Here is the team roster from the Post-Tribune high school football preview section"

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 22 2014, 09:09 PM
Post #32

City wins 48-0 over Roosevelt
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 29 2014, 08:06 PM
Post #33

City wins 34-31 over SB Washington on the road.
+Quote Post
Michigan City Wolves
post Aug 29 2014, 09:54 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,324

Michigan City led by 2 touchdowns multiple times, tonight and led 34-19 in the fourth before Washington stormed back but City held on. Washington had a lot of passing yards tonight, so City will have to work on there pass defense, but special teams did good tonight, as City ran the opening kick off back for a TD and also had a punt return for a TD. City's running game did good as well. Chesterton is 0-2 now as they lost to Munster, so hopefully City can go to 3-0 next week.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Sep 4 2014, 08:55 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Michigan City Wolves @ Aug 29 2014, 10:54 PM) *

Michigan City led by 2 touchdowns multiple times, tonight and led 34-19 in the fourth before Washington stormed back but City held on. Washington had a lot of passing yards tonight, so City will have to work on there pass defense, but special teams did good tonight, as City ran the opening kick off back for a TD and also had a punt return for a TD. City's running game did good as well. Chesterton is 0-2 now as they lost to Munster, so hopefully City can go to 3-0 next week.

Let's recap what happened last year: MC up 31-14 with the ball deep in Chesterton's territory. They have a first and ten inside the 20, Chesterton has no timeouts left and the decision is made to pass the ball. Place the blame where you want to all I know is a coach should have been relieved of their duties at that time. I believe the Offensive Coordinator has since moved on so that is a plus for MC. Given the same set of circumstances here is a hint, run the ball or worse case scenario take a knee.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Sep 4 2014, 09:38 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 4 2014, 09:55 AM) *

Let's recap what happened last year: MC up 31-14 with the ball deep in Chesterton's territory. They have a first and ten inside the 20, Chesterton has no timeouts left and the decision is made to pass the ball. Place the blame where you want to all I know is a coach should have been relieved of their duties at that time. I believe the Offensive Coordinator has since moved on so that is a plus for MC. Given the same set of circumstances here is a hint, run the ball or worse case scenario take a knee.

The upside is that this year we have a very good running game with the two sophomore backs. This is the best twin threat I can remember.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Sep 4 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Sep 4 2014, 10:38 AM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 4 2014, 09:55 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
The upside is that this year we have a very good running game with the two sophomore backs. This is the best twin threat I can remember.

Along with the those Backs, the new O Line coach has done a great job so far. The O line has really opened up some holes for them to run thru. I really like how they mix up the calls this year. Power, Jet Sweeps and short passes.

I thought that one of the Soph rbs also was starting at corner. I may be wrong on that but i thought I saw him out there on defense in the first half. Didn't see him on defense in the second half.

Tomorrow will be interesting to see the start of the DAC Play...
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Sep 5 2014, 07:00 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE(backwoods @ Sep 4 2014, 09:03 PM) *

Along with the those Backs, the new O Line coach has done a great job so far. The O line has really opened up some holes for them to run thru. I really like how they mix up the calls this year. Power, Jet Sweeps and short passes.

I thought that one of the Soph rbs also was starting at corner. I may be wrong on that but i thought I saw him out there on defense in the first half. Didn't see him on defense in the second half.

Tomorrow will be interesting to see the start of the DAC Play...

According to the ND the reason you didn't see the Soph RB in the 2nd half much was due to the fact they were gassed and cramping. I am not sure how true this is but would tend to believe if they still do not condition much.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Sep 5 2014, 08:21 AM
Post #39

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 5 2014, 08:00 AM) *

According to the ND the reason you didn't see the Soph RB in the 2nd half much was due to the fact they were gassed and cramping. I am not sure how true this is but would tend to believe if they still do not condition much.
Buck and Markice are gym rats. They workout on a daily basis with their personal trainer at the Northwest Athletic Club.

It was very humid Friday night. The boys need to drink more water and eat bananas before the game so they don't get dehydrated and pervent cramping on humid weather nights.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Sep 5 2014, 12:52 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Sep 5 2014, 09:21 AM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Sep 5 2014, 08:00 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Buck and Markice are gym rats. They workout on a daily basis with their personal trainer at the Northwest Athletic Club.

It was very humid Friday night. The boys need to drink more water and eat bananas before the game so they don't get dehydrated and pervent cramping on humid weather nights.

I hope they had their fluids and their bananas as it is very hot and humid now. The competition also starts to ramp up too. I wish them well but this isn't Pop Warner anymore and you aren't playing Roosevelt or Washington. Chesterton will have slightly better fundamentals. No reason they can't still get 300-400 yards combined if the line does it's job like it has the first two weeks. Does anyone know the starters on the O-line? If you only went by the N-D you would think this is a three person team.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:06 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com