IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michigan City Jr. Midgets 3 peat as state championships, Team advances to sub regional at Ames Field
taxthedeer
post Nov 13 2014, 11:47 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

Michigan City Jr. Midgets record is 7-0 and have outscored their opponents 330-12. Boys are primed and ready to make another trip to the Pop Warner Super Bowl in Florida in a few weeks.

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Feb 8 2015, 05:17 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

Tax, what do you know about kids off of this team leaving for another town? It is too bad that Pop Warner as a organization is always begging for donations to send these kids off to Disney and then fail to enroll their kids in MCAS. Any idea why they would leave. More playing time, scholarships, they are all scholars and looking for better academics, state championships?
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Feb 8 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Feb 8 2015, 05:17 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Tax, what do you know about kids off of this team leaving for another town? It is too bad that Pop Warner as a organization is always begging for donations to send these kids off to Disney and then fail to enroll their kids in MCAS. Any idea why they would leave. More playing time, scholarships, they are all scholars and looking for better academics, state championships?
[/quote]
Too many boys are split between single parent homes. Try walking in their shoes.
+Quote Post
backwoods
post Feb 8 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 980

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Feb 8 2015, 05:44 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Feb 8 2015, 05:17 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Too many boys are split between single parent homes. Try walking in their shoes.

Trying to understand your comment here Tax... So if they are from a single family home and living in Michigan City they are going to move to a Town with a higher cost of living expense like Chesterton or Valpo? Lets say they stay in Michigan City and go to school in Chesterton or Valpo. Now you have to transport your child to school each day and to practice each day. For a single family struggling financially, you have just added a bigger financial burden on the family with gas and wear and maintenance on your vehicle. I use Chesterton and Valpo because these are the schools that I also hear they are going to. The same one a Michigan City Kid went to this year and that the parent of this child tried to influence several other athletes/kids to go too... Going with that same thought of single family homes, the athlete was just in a Travel Football League that has a lot of costs associated with it. Sign up fees, travel fees, fundraising, Florida Fees. Still trying to understand your statement there.

So then we sit here and say why isn't the upper levels doing well when the feeder programs are? My question is after seeing this happen more and more often is, is this truly a feeder program for Michigan City or for somewhere else? I am starting to see more clearly now how one is effecting the other levels. And by the way the middle school is doing pretty good. Seen 3 games this year. The high school did better than what most expected last year. I have relatives in Pop Warner, Middle School, and the High School. I do more listing and am amazed at what i hear at all three levels from the stands. Going back to the feeder program issue, Why is Pop Warner fielding a middle school level team when we have a middle school program? Seems like the program is at odds with each other. If all the programs continue to be at odds with each other, than maybe the feeder designation should be reevaluated, because now you just have a travel league with kids from all different schools and those teams are doing their own thing, i.e. not what the school systems teams are doing.

Sorry I don't buy the single parent home statement, because the kid that went to Chesterton has both parents at home and the kids that I heard maybe going else where next year are also a two parent family.

Please don't take this as an attack at you Tax. I am not doing that and am sorry if you take it as such. It is what I see as two programs that seem to be at odds with each other instead of working together.

+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Feb 8 2015, 09:28 PM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(backwoods @ Feb 8 2015, 09:01 PM) *

Trying to understand your comment here Tax... So if they are from a single family home and living in Michigan City they are going to move to a Town with a higher cost of living expense like Chesterton or Valpo? Lets say they stay in Michigan City and go to school in Chesterton or Valpo. Now you have to transport your child to school each day and to practice each day. For a single family struggling financially, you have just added a bigger financial burden on the family with gas and wear and maintenance on your vehicle. I use Chesterton and Valpo because these are the schools that I also hear they are going to. The same one a Michigan City Kid went to this year and that the parent of this child tried to influence several other athletes/kids to go too... Going with that same thought of single family homes, the athlete was just in a Travel Football League that has a lot of costs associated with it. Sign up fees, travel fees, fundraising, Florida Fees. Still trying to understand your statement there.

So then we sit here and say why isn't the upper levels doing well when the feeder programs are? My question is after seeing this happen more and more often is, is this truly a feeder program for Michigan City or for somewhere else? I am starting to see more clearly now how one is effecting the other levels. And by the way the middle school is doing pretty good. Seen 3 games this year. The high school did better than what most expected last year. I have relatives in Pop Warner, Middle School, and the High School. I do more listing and am amazed at what i hear at all three levels from the stands. Going back to the feeder program issue, Why is Pop Warner fielding a middle school level team when we have a middle school program? Seems like the program is at odds with each other. If all the programs continue to be at odds with each other, than maybe the feeder designation should be reevaluated, because now you just have a travel league with kids from all different schools and those teams are doing their own thing, i.e. not what the school systems teams are doing.

Sorry I don't buy the single parent home statement, because the kid that went to Chesterton has both parents at home and the kids that I heard maybe going else where next year are also a two parent family.

Please don't take this as an attack at you Tax. I am not doing that and am sorry if you take it as such. It is what I see as two programs that seem to be at odds with each other instead of working together.
An example is mom and dad split up. Mom lives in M.C. and hold down two jobs while dad is remarried and resides in Illinois...

There are other parents that don't want their child playing a full contact sport once they get to high school. Dante Combs and Matthew Westman are perfect examples, both were exceptional Michigan City Pop Warner football players, once they got up to the high school they chose not to go out for football but are now playing for coach Boyd on the High school basketball team.

Nobody knows what the future holds. If we could predict the future we would all be millionaires playing the stock market, sports books, pony races and roulette wheels.
+Quote Post
Jesse B
post Feb 9 2015, 09:05 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 999

[
[/quote]

So you are saying they are leaving because of $$$. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. No kid that I know of that has left MC to go to another school in the last 5-6 years comes from a broken family. The cost of leaving MC and going to another town like backwoods says has to be huge for a single parent to even consider doing this. What's the real reason?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:50 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com