Reply to this topicStart new topic
> November 22,1963
Tim
post Nov 21 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 18

I was in the 3rd grade at St. Paul Lutheran on 9th St. in the fall of '63. I remember we were in gym glass on the morning of Nov. 22nd - our assistant pastor came in and whispered something to our teacher, Miss Boese. He was a typical young man in the 60's - tall, crew-cut, horn-rimmed glasses and long black raincoat. Miss Boese was short - I specifically remember on the 22nd she was wearing a semi-long blue skirt and a white blouse with little blue flowers on it. She ended gym class and we went back to our classroom. She announced the president had been shot, and that our parents had been called to come pick us up. I remember being somehow aware of the fact that we were without a president - no one knew that by that time Johnson had probably already been sworn in - and it seemed that there was a general fear that we were vulnerable to attack by the Soviets. Remember, this was in the age of the bomb shelter in the back yard - or at least the plan of one. I don't remember a lot about the next couple of days - I was aware that Jack Ruby had shot Oswald in Dallas. I also remember we had the day off from school on the day of Kennedy's funeral - and my mother being mad at my sister and I for using it as a play day rather than paying respects to the president. I also remember when the next issue of Life magazine came out with stills from the Zapruder film - there was one that made the severity of JFK's head wound pretty obvious. Here's what was on TV that day -

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=i14nA2H7SKI

So - if you were alive then, where were you?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 24 2008, 08:06 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The most interesting part of this is the weekend of shows that all claim to have the answers to exactly what happened. Fascinating stuff.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:25 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com