IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michigan City's Adam Harmon Leads North All-Stars To Victory, 2010 Indiana High School Football North-South All-Star Classic
taxthedeer
post Jul 16 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 929

It was a big night for Michigan City's Adam Harmon in the North's 24-21 overtime win in this evenings Grange Insurance Indiana High School North-South All-Star Football Classic that was held tonight at North Central High School in Indianapolis.

The North overcame a 14-0 halftime deficit but managed to cut the South lead in half in the third quarter on a short Adam Harmon touchdown carry then in the waining minutes of regulation Harmon butsted about a 50 yard run to the south's 1 yardline to set up the game tying score on a one yard plunge by Lowell's Brandon Grubbe. The North ended up winning the game on a field goal in the second series of overtime.

Harmon had several first downs in the game and Michigan City's Ryan Isaac also played well and was in on a slew of tackles on defense.

North quarterback and Indiana Mr. Football Daniel Wodicka from West Lafayette High School took home game MVP honors even though Michigan City's Adam Harmon truly deserved it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
indianamaniac
post Jul 17 2010, 12:26 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 954

looks like you got a little info wrong... no worries... here is the indy star story:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100717/S...l-all-star-game

It went from a night Eric Shorten wanted to forget to one he will always remember in an instant.

The former Oak Hill High School kicker missed 31- and 33-yard field goals as his North team fell behind by 14 points in the first half of the North/South All-Star Classic, but he delivered a 24-yarder in the second overtime for a 24-21 victory at North Central on Friday night.
"Third time's the charm, I guess," said Shorten, who will attend IPFW, which doesn't have a football team, this fall but is considering transferring to Purdue and walking on as a sophomore. "I wasn't too nervous. I knew it was extra point range, so I just wanted to keep my hips straight. The line did a great job, great snap and hold. It was all there.
"Everything was amazing."
It may have only been a mid-July all-star game, but the North players rushed off the sideline in celebrating just the second overtime game in the series -- the South won the 1974 game 4-3 in overtime -- and closing the South's all-time lead in the series to 23-21.
The South took a 14-0 lead into the half with quarterbacks Austin Ahrens (Jasper), Adam Shaffer (Carmel) and Kofi Hughes (Cathedral) combining to go 8-for-11 for 123 yards and rushing for 34 yards on seven carries, alternating nearly every play. But after producing 191 yards of offense in the first half, the three-headed quarterback resulted in just 51 yards and no points in the second.
"It was very unusual," said IU-bound Hughes, who was named the South's MVP after completing 5-of-7 passes for a game-high 88 yards and a touchdown, rushing for a team-best 44 yards and returning two kicks for 63 yards. "Trust me, we weren't all agreeing on that. But we did respect it.''
The North cut the deficit to 14-7 on a 16-play, 67-yard drive led by quarterback Cortez Lee (Mishawaka) that ended with Brandon Grubbe (Lowell) scoring from 2 yards with 11:15 remaining.
Tailback Adam Harmon (Michigan City) scored from 1 yard with 2:39 to go.
The North took its first lead of the night on a 5-yard pass from Dan Wodicka (West Lafayette), The Indianapolis Star Indiana Mr. Football, to Colin Harruff (Homestead) on fourth down of the first overtime, but the South answered with Hughes hitting Charles Torwudzo (Brownsburg) for a 6-yard touchdown. The South didn't score to start the second overtime. The North could only move the ball 3 yards on its possession but that was enough for Shorten's game-winner.

+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Jul 17 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #3

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

One thing I didn't get wrong is that Harmon should have been named MVP. I just wanted to be the first one to let everybody know that our two Wolves did Michigan City proud.

The PA announcer said that the replay of the game will be available to Indiana Comcast OnDemand subscribers in the upcoming days.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:40 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com