Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Construction on S. Franklin
Jesse B
post Feb 22 2015, 04:43 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 999

Maybe I missed it, but what is the new construction going up on south Franklin next to Verizon? Is this a new resturant chain that closed in town last year going up or not?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Feb 23 2015, 10:06 AM
Post #2

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I heard 5 guys, Chipotle, and something else.
+Quote Post
Groucho
post Feb 24 2015, 09:16 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Feb 23 2015, 11:06 AM) *

If it's 5-guys you are going to love it. They are the best. There are several in Washington DC where I work and more in Pittsburgh where I live. They are the ultimate and their fries are considered the best. They were voted the best by experts. They don't use frozen they use fresh cut and make them on site. You can see 50 lb sacks of potatoes in the kitchens.

5 Guys will do very well in MC if that's what they are putting in. Chipolte is good also, but I am a sucker for 5 guys.

+Quote Post
Hypnotic
post Feb 26 2015, 12:53 AM
Post #4

Getting Comfortable

Member No.: 1,242

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Feb 23 2015, 11:06 AM) *

Do you mean that you heard all 3 are coming in a plaza or you heard those are 3 of the possibilities for one building? The lot is pretty sizable so I imagine it will be a strip-mall deal.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Feb 26 2015, 09:03 AM
Post #5

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE(Hypnotic @ Feb 26 2015, 12:53 AM) *

Do you mean that you heard all 3 are coming in a plaza or you heard those are 3 of the possibilities for one building? The lot is pretty sizable so I imagine it will be a strip-mall deal.

there will be three stores in the lot, and that is two of them.
+Quote Post
lovethiscity
post Feb 27 2015, 08:42 AM
Post #6

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 41

Five Guys great burgers and like has been already said best fries. Lots of them too a small is like jumbo elsewhere. But pricey but a feast every once in awhile treat. Chipoltae seems to specialize in rice with burrito type garnishment.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Mar 14 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #7

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

What's going in at the SW corner of 421 and Keifer Rd. there is 2 construction trailers, excavating equipment and the property has been graveled and squared of with snow fencing.

Typically in the summer there is an old lady that parks her old Ford Fairlane on that corner and sells birdhouses out of her car it must be profitable because she has been going there for years. Last year some dude was always selling sports hoodies and jerseys out of a carnival truck. Another time last year I was getting gas at the Family Express and there were a couple guys selling cotton candy out of their pickup truck. There is also a lot of panhandlers that stand on the south corners of that intersection with their cardboard signs looking for a handout.
+Quote Post
Hypnotic
post Mar 14 2015, 05:30 PM
Post #8

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Mar 14 2015, 02:42 PM) *

What's going in at the SW corner of 421 and Keifer Rd. there is 2 construction trailers, excavating equipment and the property has been graveled and squared of with snow fencing.

Typically in the summer there is an old lady that parks her old Ford Fairlane on that corner and sells birdhouses out of her car it must be profitable because she has been going there for years. Last year some dude was always selling sports hoodies and jerseys out of a carnival truck. Another time last year I was getting gas at the Family Express and there were a couple guys selling cotton candy out of their pickup truck. There is also a lot of panhandlers that stand on the south corners of that intersection with their cardboard signs looking for a handout.

About time something goes up there, I saw the trailers a week ago but there was no equipment. It will undoubtedly be another gas station to compete for the almighty $ with the other three at the prime intersection. Michigan City is terrible with informing it's residents about future developments. There are never any "coming soon" signs as you see in Valpo, the paper rarely reports any incoming projects and when they do there are hardly ever 'artists renderings' to go along with the announcement. I have no idea what they are even doing with the Warren Building. I hope they are renovating the façade and windows. There are no high res renderings of the police station. The News Dispatch prints a picture of a picture with the rendering way of in the background and people standing in front of it. That is ridiculous.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Mar 14 2015, 08:56 PM
Post #9

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Hypnotic @ Mar 14 2015, 06:30 PM) *

About time something goes up there, I saw the trailers a week ago but there was no equipment. It will undoubtedly be another gas station to compete for the almighty $ with the other three at the prime intersection. Michigan City is terrible with informing it's residents about future developments. There are never any "coming soon" signs as you see in Valpo, the paper rarely reports any incoming projects and when they do there are hardly ever 'artists renderings' to go along with the announcement. I have no idea what they are even doing with the Warren Building. I hope they are renovating the façade and windows. There are no high res renderings of the police station. The News Dispatch prints a picture of a picture with the rendering way of in the background and people standing in front of it. That is ridiculous.

I think the general contractor for the I-94 exit 34 interchange overpass project might be using that property as their base of operation.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Mar 15 2015, 10:12 PM
Post #10

Really Comfortable

QUOTE(Hypnotic @ Mar 14 2015, 06:30 PM) *

The property on that corner is owned by the state of Indiana for frontage of I-94.

Here is a picture of the original construction of the Warren Building in 1926. What I always enjoy most about looking at these old photos is seeing the classic and vintage vehicles. I think those are both Model A Fords.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Hypnotic
post Mar 17 2015, 04:42 PM
Post #11

Getting Comfortable

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Mar 14 2015, 09:56 PM) *

I think the general contractor for the I-94 exit 34 interchange overpass project might be using that property as their base of operation.

I think you're spot on. That makes perfect sense.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Mar 17 2015, 06:18 PM
Post #12

Really Comfortable

Superior Construction based in Gary appears to be the general contractor. Let's all pray for the safety and well being while they rebuild the overpass. Give those guys a break everybody.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:14 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com