Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Martin running for Mayor
Southsider2k12
post Feb 15 2019, 04:06 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Virginia Falls Martin, with over 15 years as council woman and lifetime of service to the community, announces her candidacy for the office of mayor of Michigan City, IN.
To put things simply, Martin says “I want to make things better for everyone in the city.”
Martin brings a wealth of experience to the position. Working with several administrations as both councilwoman and council president shows her leadership skills and ability to set aside personal differences to work together to get things accomplished.
For Martin, quality of life for all who live here is paramount, from better paying job opportunities to improving our neighborhoods, housing, and infrastructure. Martin will work to seek community policing alternatives to get in front of the recent gun violence we have experienced. This includes organizing a citizens review board to work with the Michigan City Police Department. Following guidelines set from the U.S. Department of Justice, this type of program has found success in nearly 150 communities.
In her opinion, transparency and communication are the key. “I will have an open-door policy! Our citizens and city employees will be able to express their concerns to me directly, and they will be addressed without fear of retaliation.”
Martin believes working together with all citizens is crucial in order for our city to move forward. “My experience with previous mayors, city councils, and community members has prepared me to be the leader this city truly needs.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:27 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com