> Sen Tallian resigning Nov 1
Southsider2k12
post Oct 1 2021, 03:41 PM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-an...335553cfcd.html

tate Sen. Karen Tallian, D-Ogden Dunes, is resigning her seat in the Indiana Senate on Nov. 1, approximately one year before her current four-year term expires.

Tallian, 70, submitted her resignation letter Thursday to Senate President Rod Bray, R-Martinsville, shortly before the Republican-controlled chamber began debating the once-a-decade redistricting proposal in House Bill 1581.

"After 16 years I've had enough," Tallian said. "I'm at a point in my life where I want to use my remaining energy to produce more immediate results."

Her departure means the Democratic precinct committeemen in Senate District 4, which includes northern Porter County and a strip of LaPorte County running from the Lake Michigan shoreline south to Westville, will select a new senator in coming weeks to complete Tallian's term.

That person, as the incumbent, likely will have a leg up over any competition when the Senate seat is on the ballot in 2022 for a full term.

Tallian said her decision to leave the Senate has nothing to do with the legislative redistricting plan that's set to win final approval by the General Assembly Friday.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:12 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com