IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

42 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CBTL: Catch-all Anything thread, Will this be the longest thread?
Ang
post Nov 19 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #221

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

Telemarketer

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 20 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #222

I saw this on Snopes.com. Go to www.freerice.com and if you guess the correct definition for the given word, the place will donate rice to hungry nations. For each word you get correct, they donate 10 grains of rice. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it adds up. I just donated 400 grains.
If you want to read about it, it is in the What's New section on Snopes.
Rice donations aside, it is fun to play the word game and see how well your vocabulary is.

((replay))

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 20 2007, 12:06 PM
Post #223

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Is your son cooking for Thanksgiving? Being a bit of an amateur cook, I would like to know what he is doing.

((yutz))

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 20 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #224

Yes he is, although he doesn't know it yet. wink.gif Tomorrow I plan to do the food shopping and let him prepare the menu. I do know that we're only going to get a turkey breast, but the rest of the food is going to be up to him. We "celebrated" Thanksgiving last Sunday with the whole family since my sis and her fam are going to Loveland, CO to visit her in-laws and my Dad has to work on Thanksgiving. So, it will just be me, my kids and my mom Thursday. I was thinking of going to Montana for the long weekend, but then scored a painting job for Saturday so no trip out of town for me. I'd rather stay here and make a little extra cash.

I'll have him put together a menu tonite and let you know tomorrow what he's planning.

((zealot))

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 20 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #225

great

((tax))

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 21 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #226

Okay, he's going to season the turkey breast and bake it in a terra-cotta simmer pot that I have. He is going to make mashed potatos-seasoned with garlic and onion, a vegetable medley (all fresh-cut veggies-no frozen or canned), cranberry fruit salad, some side dish made with pasta and tomato juice, and a cherry pie for dessert.
Yum, yum, yum. My belly is growling just thinking about this delicious meal that I don't have to cook!

((xenophobia))

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 21 2007, 03:17 PM
Post #227

Could he write up his recipes?

((ax))

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 21 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #228

Sure, I'll ask him to do that, but I don't think you'll get them in time for TG. I'm sure they will go well with a Christmas meal, though.

((xanga))--in case you're wondering about that, I am running out of "X" words, so I googled it. No more "X" words for a while please. smile.gif

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 21 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #229

Any time is great. In the meantime, I am looking for my recipe for the best lentil soup ever made. Maybe recipes can be a new thread.

((angst)

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 21 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #230

That would be a good idea. If anyone can get the recipe for rosemarina soup from Dino's restaurant, I'd greatly appreciate it.

((tommyknocker))

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Max Main
post Nov 25 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #231

Advanced Member

Member No.: 90

Raconteuse
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 27 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #232

Okay, we all have them: that hard to buy for person on your Christmas list. The one who you usually buy for last because you really can't think of WHAT to get for them. Well, now you can find the gift you need with ease, never having to leave the comfort of your computer chair!

www.stupid.com has it all.

((existential))

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
mcstumper
post Nov 27 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #233

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

What a great Thanksgiving... how about them COWBOYS!

When are the sports fans here going to start ranting about the Big Ten Network and the NFL Network?

No Dallas-Green Bay game and not nearly enough IU basketball.

Signature Bar
Put simply, mean reversion is a bitch. -Vitaliy Katsenelson
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 28 2007, 07:27 AM
Post #234

Member No.: 2

Its a greed contest between millionaires and billionaires. Its depressing more than anything, but it is the trend. I got to live the Sportsvision experience 20 years ago with the White Sox going to cable, while the Cubs thrived on regular TV. People forget that the Sox actually were the more popular team in Chicago during long stretches of time. The Cable versus WGN divergence was the biggest difference in their current bases. The Cubs were on TV every single day, while you had to pay to see the Sox, in a time when the cable saturation rates were under 50%. It made a difference.

The NFL network is really stupid for the same reason. One of the reasons the NFL is so successful is that there are games on the same days and the same nights every week, and they are always on TV, and easy to find. If they are going to start moving their premier products away from the general viewing audiences they are going to lose the casual fan, much like the White Sox did during the late 1980's.

If you want another case study in TV, look no further than the mess that is the Chicago Blackhawks, and their home blackout history. It will take them years to recover from that mess.
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 28 2007, 09:35 AM
Post #235

It has already happened. Look at Monday Night Football: Sunday Night Football is the new MNF because of the big, accessible audience. The NFL is already fractionating (great word, huh?) their audience by adding the Thursday and Saturday games. For a cautionary example, the NFL needs to study the rise and fall of the NHL and NBA.

((loquacious))

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Nov 28 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #236

Member No.: 2

The NHL is a really good example too. Between canceling the Stanley Cup to a strike, and putting their games on a no-name network that no one has on their cable system, they have been the poster child for how to make a nation forget about their sport.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Nov 28 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #237

NHL. What's that? laugh.gif

((sexy))

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 28 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #238

The Big Ten is slicing its own throat by going closed-network. It is hard enough to follow IU, and now it is going to be extra-hard.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
JHeath
post Nov 28 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #239

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

Why can't they just air the games on the more widely available networks like they used in the "good old days"? laugh.gif

((yodel))
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Nov 29 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #240

Ludicrous

Signature Bar
+Quote Post

42 Pages V « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
20 User(s) are reading this topic (20 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:27 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com