IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

42 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CBTL: Catch-all Anything thread, Will this be the longest thread?
JHeath
post May 10 2007, 11:25 AM
Post #1

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

http://www.michigancityin.com/articles/200.../news/news7.txt

Fulton Street closed

Fulton Street will be closed to traffic from Washington Street to Wabash Street effective today for sewer construction. The closing is expected to last approximately two weeks, HRP Construction announced.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Max Main
post May 14 2007, 09:26 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 90

I think we should make this the longest thread!

Just post anything here
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 14 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #3

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 10

QUOTE(Max Main @ May 14 2007, 09:26 AM) *

I think we should make this the longest thread!

Just post anything here

The weather in Wyoming was beautiful this past weekend. My mother's day was great. I hope all the other mother's here had a wonderful day with their children and I hope everyone was able to let their mother's know how much they are loved and appreciated.

This post has been edited by Ang: May 14 2007, 09:58 AM

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post May 21 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3

http://forums.runnersworld.com/eve/forums/...0382#1511040382

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
JHeath
post May 24 2007, 06:14 AM
Post #5

Really Comfortable

Seriously?
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post May 29 2007, 09:33 AM
Post #6

Mais oui!

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 29 2007, 10:41 AM
Post #7

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. Mine here wasn't too bad. Casper does this "oldies" thing for Memorial Day weekend. The whole weekend is centered around a classic car exhibit on Sunday at Fort Caspar (the original settlement in Casper). Friday there is sign-ups for the show and all the cars are on display. Then Saturday is a classic car parade with a Sock Hop Saturday night with the car show on Sunday. The Sock Hop raises money for the Humane Society and my boss is the president of the Humane Society so I was pretty involved with the weekends festivities. The Drifters played at the sock hop and I made my daughter this really cool poodle skirt. She was totally into it and it was a lot of fun. But what was so very disappointing is that the Drifters were not giving out free autographs. You had to buy their stuff to get their autograph. They were charging $20.00 for cd's (with only ten songs on it) and $7 for a poster (11X17). Absolutely rediculous in my opinion. Needless to say, we didn't get any autographs. I suppose I wouldn't have minded too much if a goodly portion of the gross were going to the Humane Society, but the Drifters were only giving 6%. Then they wanted Humane Society volunteers to sell their stuff for them!

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 30 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #8

Has anyone looked at the online News Dispatch today? They changed the format. I really like it. It will take a little to get used to navigating the new site, but the changes are pretty cool. The best thing they did was eliminate "Feedback" and replace it with the Anvil Chorus. Yeah!!! Now I can finally start reading all those letters you guys talk about! too bad they didn't do that before the elections so I could read what people had to say about that.
Oh well. It's done now and I, for one, am happy with the changes.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
JHeath
post May 30 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #9

Really Comfortable

Ang,
I just looked at the site--you're right, it's pretty nice. Similar to the old one in some ways, but definitely better.

Also, there's still a feedback area, only now it's called "Soundoff": http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=84626.77

You can have your anvil chorus, and leave your feedback, too. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post May 31 2007, 06:25 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 2

I went ahead and changed the title of this thread... This is now the place for whatever you want to talk about, whether it is relevant or just what you had for lunch today. Enjoy!
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 31 2007, 08:57 AM
Post #11

I didn't realize what that was. I never clicked that link yesterday. I checked it out today and they have a webmaster review all postings before they are posted. Excellent idea. They should have done that a long time ago. Hopefully this new format will work for them. I'm just tickled that I can now read the Anvil Chorus.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 31 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #12

I changed my avatar again. I decided with spring coming on, that winter scene was a little too bleak. This picture was taken on Casper Mountain looking out over the City of Casper. I did not point toward the downtown area, not that you could tell anyway, but it's a beautiful view. If anyone is interested, I have a lot of pics posted on my facebook account. Send me a PM and I'll send you the link....

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post May 31 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #13

What beautiful country.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post May 31 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #14

Thanks. The countryside and the lack of humidity are really the only things keeping me here right now. I really miss the beach. sad.gif

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post May 31 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #15

I can tell you that the beach was really nice this weekend smile.gif The baby had a great time playing in the sand.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post May 31 2007, 12:20 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(JHeath @ May 30 2007, 10:36 PM) *

Ang,
I just looked at the site--you're right, it's pretty nice. Similar to the old one in some ways, but definitely better.

Also, there's still a feedback area, only now it's called "Soundoff": http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=84626.77

You can have your anvil chorus, and leave your feedback, too. biggrin.gif

They did change their feed now. The old news listings won't pull up on google news anymore mad.gif
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 5 2007, 07:45 AM
Post #17

Has anyone driven 11st Street between Franklin and Michigan Blvd lately? WOW, its like a tank went through there. That road is god-awful right now. Anyone know if there are plans for a repave?
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jun 5 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #18

That is the worst street I have been on in MC--and I am including Washington Street under construction!

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jun 6 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Jun 5 2007, 07:45 AM) *

Has anyone driven 11st Street between Franklin and Michigan Blvd lately? WOW, its like a tank went through there. That road is god-awful right now. Anyone know if there are plans for a repave?

Here's your answer:

http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...amp;TM=46554.79

Major Work Planned On City's East Side

Rick A. Richards

Motorists on Michigan City's East Side will find the going difficult later this summer as major work is planned by both the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District and the city.

NICTD, which operates the South Shore Railroad, told the Board of Works and Public Safety on Monday morning it will replace the rails on its commuter line between York and Spring streets.

South Shore officials have told the city the work will be done from June 11 to 22, and that several intersections in the area, including Lafayette and Cedar streets, will be closed.

At the same time, city officials said 11th Street between Franklin Street and Michigan Boulevard will be rebuilt, starting after the Summer Festival Parade, which is July 7. Once work starts (tentatively scheduled for July 9), it will take seven to 10 days to complete.

Signature Bar
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 6 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #20

Ah, I just posted this on the other area... Its like they were reading my mind :0)
+Quote Post

42 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
12 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:28 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com