Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Early voting opens October 9
Southsider2k12
post Oct 3 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Early voting in LaPorte County opens October 9. All told there are 196.5 hours of early voting available in both Michigan City and LaPorte. On top of that there are absentee ballots available, which can be downloaded on-line, from the link below. And, oh yeah, you can vote any time during a 12 hour period on Election Day, Tuesday November 6, 2012. That makes a total of 206.5 hours which you can vote in person. NO EXCUSES MICHIGAN CITY!

http://www.laportecounty.org/elections/index.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 3 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 10

And please make an educated vote. Don't just vote for a party, pay attention to platforms and what each candidate has to say/what they're about. Encourage your friends to do the same.
Please. It's important this year to vote for the PERSON you believe shares your morals/values/opinions....not vote straight ticket. I know it's faster, but this year especially is important to pick your people, not the party.
Thank you. smile.gif

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 3 2012, 11:59 AM
Post #3

And for God's sakes don't vote for a person because they have the most, or the best looking, campaign signs. I think a puppy dies every time that happens.
+Quote Post
MCRogers1974
post Oct 3 2012, 12:19 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 968

QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 3 2012, 12:57 PM) *

And please make an educated vote. Don't just vote for a party, pay attention to platforms and what each candidate has to say/what they're about. Encourage your friends to do the same.
Please. It's important this year to vote for the PERSON you believe shares your morals/values/opinions....not vote straight ticket. I know it's faster, but this year especially is important to pick your people, not the party.
Thank you. smile.gif

I couldn't agree more with your comment. I believe I read where La Porte County leads the state in "straight ticket" voting. What a sad indictment for LP County.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Oct 3 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 10

A good case in point is the Sheriff debacle. How many people do you think voted straight ticket and are now ticked because they're not happy with the Sheriff?
And weren't happy with him to begin with, but voted straight ticket anyway?

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 3 2012, 12:45 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 3 2012, 01:29 PM) *

A good case in point is the Sheriff debacle. How many people do you think voted straight ticket and are now ticked because they're not happy with the Sheriff?
And weren't happy with him to begin with, but voted straight ticket anyway?

The best example of all is the Assessors race from a few years back. We literally STILL paying for that mistake.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 8 2012, 08:51 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Oct 3 2012, 12:59 PM) *

And for God's sakes don't vote for a person because they have the most, or the best looking, campaign signs. I think a puppy dies every time that happens.

Of course right after I say that, I see a sign that drives me crazy. I won't name the candidate, but the tag line is

"A mom who cares"

Wha? What exactly do you care about? Do most moms not care? Are moms better than dads? Does being a caring mom make you a better school board member, than either mothers who don't care or dads in general?

Yeah. Of all of things to put on a campaign sign, why that? What about some actual statement relevant to the campaign. With issues like school finance, career center, race achievement gap, redistricting, school closings, teacher layoffs, staff layoffs, Pre-K funding, etc, it isn't like there are real issues lacking here. Take a stance for God's sake.

Maybe if I run for school board again, I'll use something like "I [heart] puppies and orphans". Who can vote against that, right?

The sign just reminds me of the Pishkur signs during the last election, and I haven't seen her take a beneficial stance for the school system yet, where she wasn't joined by the entire board.

We need more than "Go Green" or "A mom who cares" on the school board right now. We need someone who can fix some pretty major problems. Those are the candidates I am looking for.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Oct 8 2012, 07:28 PM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

Early voting starts tomorrow at the courthouse's in Michigan City and La Porte. Please get out and vote.
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Oct 9 2012, 07:28 AM
Post #9

Today is also the last day to register to vote if you are not already registered.
+Quote Post
MCRogers1974
post Oct 9 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Oct 8 2012, 08:28 PM) *

Early voting starts tomorrow at the courthouse's in Michigan City and La Porte. Please get out and vote.

Here are the hours when you may vote early. Please note they have two Saturday dates when you may cast your vote. They can't make it much easier for you to cast your vote:

Michigan City Superior Courthouse:
Monday-Friday
8am-4pm (closed for lunch from 11:30-noon)
Starting October 9, Closing November 5 at Noon
Fridays, October 26 & November 2: 8AM - 6PM
Monday May 7, 8:00am-noon
Saturdays, October 27 & November 3: 8AM - 4PM
+Quote Post
MCRogers1974
post Oct 26 2012, 06:15 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(MCRogers1974 @ Oct 9 2012, 04:06 PM) *

Here are the hours when you may vote early. Please note they have two Saturday dates when you may cast your vote. They can't make it much easier for you to cast your vote:

Michigan City Superior Courthouse:
Monday-Friday
8am-4pm (closed for lunch from 11:30-noon)
Starting October 9, Closing November 5 at Noon
Fridays, October 26 & November 2: 8AM - 6PM
Monday May 7, 8:00am-noon
Saturdays, October 27 & November 3: 8AM - 4PM

As a reminder to those who work Monday thru Friday - tomorrow is the first Saturday when you may vote at the courthouse.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 02:27 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com