JHeath
post Aug 29 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 43

QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 29 2009, 02:19 PM) *

Does anyone know the completion date? AVOID IF POSSIBLE

You're not kidding (about avoiding it). From what the office staff at Joy School told us at the beginning of the school year, they'll have it torn up for a long time...possibly throughout the school year.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Homey
post Aug 30 2009, 07:34 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 826

Yes, that's some great timing! But thank God it's getting done, finally! Don't know the completion date, sorry.

Signature Bar
Nothing is worth more than this day!
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 30 2009, 07:50 AM
Post #4

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Yeah, this is a complete redo. They are tearing out and replacing everything, including the sewers. It is going to be a while for sure.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Aug 30 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 10

Are they going to put in sidewalks for the kiddos who walk to Joy?

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 31 2009, 06:50 AM
Post #6

I don't know anything for sure, but I would guess not. The City's theory on this has been that they don't have the money to maintain new sidewalks, so they have not been. They didn't build anything new when they redid Ohio Street this year, I know that for sure. Plus the budgets for everyone have tightened up because of the recession.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Aug 31 2009, 07:43 AM
Post #7

I think that if children have to walk to school on a busy street, sidewalks should be provided for them. Ohio St has sidewalks for the Knapp kids, even if only on one side of the street, at least they are there. Coolspring should have sidewalks too. If they are tearing the whole thing up to replace the road then they should install sidewalks. At least from Roeske to Joy if nowhere else.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 31 2009, 10:40 AM
Post #8

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

QUOTE(Ang @ Aug 31 2009, 08:43 AM) *

I think that if children have to walk to school on a busy street, sidewalks should be provided for them. Ohio St has sidewalks for the Knapp kids, even if only on one side of the street, at least they are there. Coolspring should have sidewalks too. If they are tearing the whole thing up to replace the road then they should install sidewalks. At least from Roeske to Joy if nowhere else.

When Hendricks Street was resurfaced last summer between Barker Ave. and the Boulevard we asked if we were going to get new curbs and sidewalks too, our answer was, "what you see is what you get".

Another question, when is the work going to begin on the Boulevard? I can't imagine two main roads in town being torn up simultaneously...especially in winter...
+Quote Post
chuck
post Aug 31 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 867

I will try to clarify the issues raised on this project. Construction is scheduled through October of next year. The project includes storm sewers, a water line to close a loop, a new street, curb/gutters where appropriate to control drainage and sidewalks on at least one side throughout the project area (Wabash to Roeske). The project is a re-construction.

Ohio and Hendricks were repaving projects where the surface is either recovered or milled and then replaced. Hendricks curb, gutter and walks will be replaced when the sewers are separated. The Lafayette-Barker outlet must be constructed first. Ohio will be a federally funded re-construction project at some point in the future.

In addition the Town of Trail Creek is receiving ARRA funds (stimulus) to resurface Coolspring from Roeske to Johnson Road.

INDOT will receive bids for the storm sewer improvements on the Boulevard in December. Because the storm sewer is below the median, traffic conflicts should be minimal. The Boulevard construction bids will be sought by INDOT in early spring of 2010.

+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 31 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(chuck @ Aug 31 2009, 01:54 PM) *

I will try to clarify the issues raised on this project. Construction is scheduled through October of next year. The project includes storm sewers, a water line to close a loop, a new street, curb/gutters where appropriate to control drainage and sidewalks on at least one side throughout the project area (Wabash to Roeske). The project is a re-construction.

Ohio and Hendricks were repaving projects where the surface is either recovered or milled and then replaced. Hendricks curb, gutter and walks will be replaced when the sewers are separated. The Lafayette-Barker outlet must be constructed first. Ohio will be a federally funded re-construction project at some point in the future.
In addition the Town of Trail Creek is receiving ARRA funds (stimulus) to resurface Coolspring from Roeske to Johnson Road.

INDOT will receive bids for the storm sewer improvements on the Boulevard in December. Because the storm sewer is below the median, traffic conflicts should be minimal. The Boulevard construction bids will be sought by INDOT in early spring of 2010.

Excellent news indeed! Thanks for the update.
+Quote Post
taxthedeer
post Aug 31 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #11

Really Comfortable

Member No.: 929

QUOTE(chuck @ Aug 31 2009, 01:54 PM) *

QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Aug 31 2009, 02:26 PM) *

Excellent news indeed! Thanks for the update.

I agree with Mike, I appreciate you taking time responsed Mr. Mayor.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Aug 31 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #12

I am happy to hear about the sidewalk issue. Thank you Mayor Chuck for giving us this info! biggrin.gif

Signature Bar
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:49 AM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com