post Aug 6 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2010/0...be216771492.txt

Alleged misconduct probed

Published: Wednesday, August 4, 2010 5:11 PM CDT
MICHIGAN CITY — A private meeting to discuss the alleged misconduct of a Michigan City Area Schools teacher is set for Sept. 1.

Jim Kintzele, MCAS School Board president, said the board will meet in executive session, which means the meeting will not be open to the public. The identity of the teacher is not being released because it is a personnel matter, and no action has yet been taken, Kintzele said.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ang
post Aug 6 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 10

"Personnel matter"--HUMPH!!!

IMHO, I think if a teacher is accused of misconduct, the rest of the community should know about it in order to protect their children.

It's the same as if a child molester moved into my neighborhood and I am told there is one about, but not who it is or which house he lives in.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 6 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #3

The problem is how do you protect people against false positives? If an idiot kid were to say something that wasn't true, a person's life could be ruined by it. There does have to be a process to protect the accused until the truth is established.
+Quote Post
lbl
post Aug 6 2010, 02:10 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 862

Why is the first assumption one of sexual misconduct? How do you know it isn't academic, or between teachers? Or between admin and a teacher, or who knows what else?

I don't get it...do you guys know something we don't? blink.gif

Signature Bar
Buy Local!
Eat at Locally OWNED restaurants!
+Quote Post
Yokas
post Aug 6 2010, 02:11 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 793

QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Aug 6 2010, 01:56 PM) *

The problem is how do you protect people against false positives? If an idiot kid were to say something that wasn't true, a person's life could be ruined by it. There does have to be a process to protect the accused until the truth is established.

I agree with SS'r. In my incident in 2006, and again in 2008, I was accused (by Harding) of doing things that I had never done. It was reported as insubordination, immorality, etc. All of this was a result of my union work as grievance chair. It took me one year to clear my name. I received a lot of support from people that knew me...but I was 2 weeks from retirement. Needless to say, it was a witch hunt for me.
+Quote Post
Ang
post Aug 9 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 10

QUOTE(lbl @ Aug 6 2010, 03:10 PM) *

Why is the first assumption one of sexual misconduct? How do you know it isn't academic, or between teachers? Or between admin and a teacher, or who knows what else?

I don't get it...do you guys know something we don't? blink.gif

I wasn't assuming that it was sexual misconduct, I was making an analogy. Maybe I should've used a different type of criminal to make that analogy.

There was a teacher at Boston Middle school who was terminated during the school year last year. There was nothing in the paper about it, but my daughter was in one of his classes. Rumors were flying about the exact reason for his termination. Some of them were sexual misconduct, others were physical abuse of students, yet others were regarding verbal abuse, and still others concerned his sexual orientation. Turns out he was fired because he got into a physical altercation with the principal--at least I THINK that's the actual reason. Who really knows?

It upset me because my daughter was in his class, and she would come home almost daily complaining about this teacher, things he said to her and other students, his behavior at social events, etc. I think if my daughter is exposed to this type of individual, the school has a duty to 1. Protect her and 2. inform me of what's going on so I can further protect her.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Aug 9 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #7

All of that can be established with out a public campaign. But judging by the LPs response to the coach being with a kid, they have big problems over there with how to handle things legally. They are in such an incredible amount of trouble in that situation, its not funny.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:22 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com