> Horizon, LaPorte Saving merger cleared
Southsider2k12
post Jun 19 2016, 10:17 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://www.nwitimes.com/business/local/reg...939680b2a2.html

Federal regulatory authorities have cleared the way for Horizon Bancorp to acquire LaPorte Bancorp in a cash-and-stock deal.

Michigan City-based Horizon Bank plans to buy The LaPorte Savings Bank for $94.1 million. The Officer of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Federal Reserve Board has approved the merger, which would reduce the number of locally owned community banks based in Northwest Indiana to five.

“We are very pleased to have received these regulatory approvals to complete the merger and that the approval process went smoothly and efficiently,” Horizon Chief Executive Officer Craig Dwight said.

“This helps keep us on target to complete the merger by our original target date of July 2016."

LaPorte Bancorp shareholders still must approve the merger with Horizon, which is publicly traded on NASDAQ and has a market valuation of more than $300 million. A special meeting for stockholders to vote on the deal will take place on July 11 at the bank.

Shareholders have until July 8 to decide if they want cash or shares of Horizon common stock, which will account for 65 percent of the transaction. Horizon shares were trading above $24 Friday.

“I am extremely happy with the progress being made by both The LaPorte Savings Bank and Horizon Bank integration teams, and we are pleased that these regulatory approvals have been obtained in such a timely fashion,” The LaPorte Savings Bank President and Chief Financial Officer Michele Thompson said.

“I am confident that our teams will continue to work well together, meeting the anticipated closing date of the merger.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
diggler
post Jun 20 2016, 08:52 AM
Post #2

Really Comfortable

Group: Members
Member No.: 969

IPB Image

Curious what kind of negative interest rates these banks are offering on deposits these days. blink.gif

_
+Quote Post
Southsider2k12
post Jun 22 2016, 09:22 AM
Post #3

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I am pretty fond of my 3% mortgage, personaly.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:11 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com