> LP gives new MC coaches a rave
Southsider2k12
post Jul 20 2007, 07:18 AM
Post #1

Spends WAY too much time at CBTL

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

http://heraldargus.com/archives/ha/display.php?id=381919

Michigan City made another big splash with a coaching hire last week.

This time it was very literal.

With the hiring of 6-foot-6 Sarah McFarland as volleyball coach, the Wolves set themselves up for success in the four biggest prep sports (at least attendance-wise).

Already having secured Craig Buzea as football coach and Bob Buscher as boys basketball coach earlier in the summer and having Gary Collins rolling with the girls basketball program, the future is now across the athletic board at Michigan City.

With many of the smaller programs already having success (both tennis teams, boys golf, gymnastics, cross county), if the bigger programs can jump on board, other programs should follow to meet expectations set when Elston and Rogers high schools consolidated.

It should be pointed out that it’s no coincidence that these high-profile coaches and overall hope have come to Michigan City at the same time Bob “Bear” Falls has solidified the athletic director position. After years of unclear roles and changes at the top, Falls has finally put Michigan City in position to become a player across the board in the Duneland Conference and beyond with the stability he’s brought.

I wrote a similar column at the time of the Buscher-Buzea hirings, but the way the summer has concluded it’s worth noting once again that Michigan City has made huge strides toward its potential.

Having a successful athletic program at the prep level is as much about attitude, perception and coaching as anything.

Other schools in the region need to take notice that things are changing very quickly at Michigan City.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jul 20 2007, 07:46 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Official practices start in just ten days or so. Let's go MC!

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 20 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10

You know, if they'd have just hired Bear in the beginning after the Freitag Fiasco, I would still be there.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Ang
post Jul 20 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 10

And I don't mean Freitag was a fiasco. Personally, i liked the guy a great deal. He's a little rough around the edges, but he WAS a good AD. What I mean by fiasco was the way Admin handled the whole situation.

Signature Bar
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind~Dr. Suess
+Quote Post
Roger Kaputnik
post Jul 23 2007, 08:34 AM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

Actually, that is exactly what I thought you meant!

Signature Bar
The difference between genius and stupidity is that there are limits to genius. Albert Einstein
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:20 PM

Skin Designed By: neo at www.neonetweb.com