Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bugalla Retained As Attorney For MCAS Board
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk
JHeath
http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...&TM=47337.5

1/9/2008 11:00:00 AM
Bugalla Retained As Attorney For MCAS Board
Members question attorney for Viewpoint column in newspaper.

Deborah Sederberg
The News-Dispatch

MICHIGAN CITY - After quizzing her about her recent Viewpoint column in The News-Dispatch, the Michigan City Area Schools board voted Tuesday night to retain Marsha Volk Bugalla as its attorney.

Bugalla, senior counsel with the Indianapolis firm Locke Reynolds, serves as chief negotiator for the administration in the teacher negotiations.

The attorney's column was published Jan. 2 on the Opinion page.

"Whose viewpoint was that?" board member Jim Kintzele asked, referring to the Opinion page piece. Both Kintzele and board member Beryle Burgwald have said the Viewpoint did not represent that of the board.

"I was speaking on behalf of the board's bargaining team, and that team is an instrument of the board," Bugalla replied.

Bugalla said all board members received a copy of her essay before it was published, but Kintzele said the late arrival of the document prevented board members from asking for changes.

"I'll not walk down that road again," Bugalla said.

The vote to retain the attorney was unanimous.

Also Tuesday, during its reorganization meeting, the board elected Clyde Zeek president, Kathy Lee as vice president and Rick Carlson as secretary.

The board appointed Burgwald parliamentarian, Kintzele liaison to the Michigan City Parks and Recreation Board and reappointed Carlson to serve as the board's representative on the insurance committee.

Contact Deborah Sederberg at dsederberg@thenewsdispatch.com.
Southsider2k12
No more Jeff Jones as President? I like it. Zeek is one of us on that board.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.