Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just saw that it was 2 (two!) degrees up in M.C.
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk
The_Mikester
It was in the 70's here in Big D today. I just saw that the temperature was 2 degrees up there! I am trying to remember what 2 degrees feels like! It's still Februrary though so I may still get the chance, you never know!

At least you may have snow with it... As one of my old friends once said, "There's nothing between Texas and Canada but a barbed-wire fence"! And M.C. does have some spunkiness that Dallas totally lacks! My mother always said that M.C. was a dirty little town but to me it is a spiritual home...
JHeath
While I disagree with your mother (this little town has a LOT of potential), it's COLD.
Stick your head in the freezer, and imagine that it's about 20 times colder...that shuld help you remember what 2, with much colder wind chill factors, feels like. laugh.gif

btw, thanks for rubbing salt in the would, Mikester. ...70s in Texas...sheesh. At this point, I think I've forgotten what that feels like.
lovethiscity
QUOTE(JHeath @ Feb 10 2008, 09:13 PM) *

While I disagree with your mother (this little town has a LOT of potential), it's COLD.
Stick your head in the freezer, and imagine that it's about 20 times colder...that shuld help you remember what 2, with much colder wind chill factors, feels like. laugh.gif

btw, thanks for rubbing salt in the would, Mikester. ...70s in Texas...sheesh. At this point, I think I've forgotten what that feels like.

I went out to start my van and by the time I got back in the house, my body temp. was 70 deg. 70 here is pretty cold
The_Mikester
I hope she can forgive me but I also disagree with Mom. I still love coming up to M.C. I am especially glad that the Ruby Woods was not all torn down. I may have to come up again this summer with my bike.
Southsider2k12
70 degrees... Thems is fightin words around these parts! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.