Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Panini Panini
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
JHeath
I stopped in for the first time this morning to get some tea. Great atmosphere--will probably be even better over the summer. The owners were there, preparing for the day, and were quite friendly.

I've added the menu to the post. Hope you'll all stop in and patronize them if you're in the area (or have them cater an event or office lunch for you).

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Ang
Panini Panini? That must be where Mary Hartman Mary Hartman eats.
Southsider2k12
That's funny, because someone on the train was just telling me about this place yesterday. She said their sandwiches were excellent.
Dave
I've been there twice, and they have some pretty good stuff.
edgeywood
QUOTE(Dave @ Mar 18 2008, 01:04 PM) *

I've been there twice, and they have some pretty good stuff.

I'll agree! Nice people and great treats! ( I haven't tried the sandwiches yet)
lovethiscity
JHEATH, Will you take me to Panini Panini for some tea?
JHeath
Sure, lovethiscity...as long as I can get the grape leaves that I had for lunch today. (yum!)
Roger Kaputnik
May I recomment the Thai Chicken wrap?
lovethiscity
QUOTE(JHeath @ May 14 2008, 01:08 PM) *

Sure, lovethiscity...as long as I can get the grape leaves that I had for lunch today. (yum!)

Grape leaves at Pnini Panini or at Sahara's?
JHeath
QUOTE(lovethiscity @ May 14 2008, 10:38 PM) *

Grape leaves at Pnini Panini or at Sahara's?

Panini Panini. They had the best vegetarian grape leaves today. Delicious, I tell you.
Roger Kaputnik
How are they made? I have had the vege dolmades (grape leaves) at Moe's, but I did not like them--too vegetably.
Dave
YUM! Ate dinner there this evening. They were passing around an appetizer which sounds odd -- bacon wrapped dates -- which were very yummy. As well as, well, everything else.
Roger Kaputnik
That has been my experience.
JHeath
QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ May 15 2008, 12:25 PM) *

How are they made? I have had the vege dolmades (grape leaves) at Moe's, but I did not like them--too vegetably.

I'm not certain of all of the ingredients, but I know they had rice, snoba beans, and some tomato-basil sauce.
Roger Kaputnik
That sounds more substantial than Moe's; I gotta try them.

The quiche is very good.

Southsider2k12
A mention in the Trib should be good for business!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/foo...0,3224568.story

-- I love Chicago food, but the best sandwich I’ve eaten in the tri-state area was served in Michigan City, Ind. It came from a little restaurant called Panini Panini, where they layer plump grilled scallops, prosciutto, goat cheese and sliced plums on Italian bread to make a sandwich totally worth crossing state lines for. (1720 Franklin St., Michigan City, Ind.) – Monica Eng
TSNSPYDER
I wonder if they got started in New York, New York.

QUOTE(Ang @ Mar 18 2008, 08:45 AM) *

Panini Panini? That must be where Mary Hartman Mary Hartman eats.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.