Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Would You Send a Child to High School?
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk
Roger Kaputnik
I am getting close to decision time and need some help. Is anyone else looking at the same issue in the next coupl'a years? I would like to discuss each of the options in the MC area:

1. MC High School
2. Marquette HS
3. La Lumiere
4. Duneland Lutheran
5. La Porte HS
6. Chesterton HS

Yes, LP and CH are not in MC, but they are in the area!

I would like to consider each (and others, if any), pro and con.

Let's go!
Southsider2k12
The first and most obvious factor is that the last 5 are all going to cost you money for tuition. I'll talk more about some of the other stuff when I get a little more time.
Ang
I left Michigan City so I wouldn't have to make that decision. Having worked for the MCAS, I have a pretty good overview of all the High Schools in the area. Having said that, if I were to return to Indiana, I would live in Rolling Prairie or New Carlisle and send my children to New Prairie. They have an excellent discipline program, there are fewer problems at the high school and their graduation success rate is one of the highest in the area. Plus, if you remember the latest ISTEP scores, New Prairie had the highest scores in the area.
Roger Kaputnik
any more? the more feedback the better!
Roger Kaputnik
What about New Buffalo High?
Southsider2k12
To be honest, I don't know much about New Buffalo's school district. I know it is a pretty nice town and all, but that is about it. I do know their taxes are a lot higher than ours.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.