Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lynea Hinchman school board candidate interview
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk > Election Headquarters
Southsider2k12
-How will you open up the decision-making process so the public can
know in advance the questions coming up and have some time to comment
before the vote is taken on the issue at hand?

-What is your position on social promotion?

-How important do you believe getting the teachers a new contract is?

-Will you vote to extend Michael Harding's contract when it comes up
for vote again?

-Do you support the Strategic Plan

-Do you believe the size of the administration is too big or OK?

-Did you support the two new school building projects?

-How would you try to build bridges between the community and MCAS
that have been burnt, for example the girls basketball academy.

-Do you believe no pass/no play should be extended to the middle and
elementary schools?

-Have you researched the new bus routes being added, and do you support them?

While I will have to gather more information before making a final conclusion, based upon my limited information, Harding's contract should not be renewed.

Also, I do believe that there are too many administrators in the school system.

I want to encourage interested parties to contribute input to matters that come before the school board. Michigan City has a lot of bright people and they need to be heard because they could have good ideas on how to resolve some of the problems that exist in MCAS today. I am not certain how the input could be obtained, but possibly a website or email address where folks can send it to. Also, conversations via phone or meetings may be a method that could be considered.

I want voters to know that I will not be intimidated or bribed by anyone and I have NO HIDDEN AGENDAS. My sole purpose for having my name placed on the ballot is to improve the MCAS.

I believe that all students should have text books to use outside of the classroom. That is more important than building new buildings. It is not a room a student sits in that is important. It is the activity going on in the room that is important.

I am not familiar with all facets of the school board. However, I am a quick study and will apply my God-given abilities to see that the school system runs in a most efficient manner and makes learning its first priority.

I do not profess to have all the answers to the problems that exist in the MCAS, however, I do know that something MUST BE DONE to improve our school system. The future of Michigan City is dependent upon that.

I will use my knowledge, experience and integrity to act in accordance with the best interests of all parties involved.

I know that what I've written does not address all your questions. However, I do believe it gives voters a good idea about my character; the kind of person I am and that information should enable them to make an intelligent decision when voting for school board candidates.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to make my voice heard.
eric.hanke
It's amazing that someone who put so little into their campaign can do so well just on name recognition.

*SIGH*

Eric Hanke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.