Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Support for Coolspring/Pine Township
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk > Election Headquarters
Magnolia
As we approach the last leg of this exciting election season, I hope everyone continues to mindful that we are on the cusp of significant change for the Michigan City Area Schools. The number of interested and willing candidates is a reflection of the lack of morale and discontent that exists within the school system.
The residents of Coolspring and Pine Township have several candidates from which to choose to represent their best interests as well as the community at large. No clearer choice exists than Eric Hanke. He is a lifelong resident of Michigan City whose family has actively been involved in our community through several generations. He plays an active role in his children’s education and often has lunch with them during the day. He is also active in several youth organizations in our community as well.
When it comes to candidate comparisons, Eric Hanke is on top by working hard to make himself available to the community through attending the various forums and events around town. Unlike Ms. Hinchman, he has answered every question posed to him by the News Dispatch, our community’s web blogs, and concerned citizen phone calls. Unlike most of the candidates, Eric also regularly attends school board meetings and provides input as needed.
Eric isn’t using the school board as a test ground for future political endeavors. He isn’t about making empty promises, and his record should speak for itself. Hanke as well as the staff, teachers, and concerned parents of Pine School worked diligently toward getting a new school for the students; something that was long overdue. He also ensured that a new water purification system that lay dormant for nearly a year was functional and that clean fresh water would be available to the students, staff, and teachers even during power outages.
Most importantly, Eric believes in our schools. He knows that we have an excellent school system and great facilities that have produced countless numbers of engineers, nurses, scientists, teacher, lawyers, doctors, business leaders, and skilled tradespersons. Unlike Mr. Dulaney who pays for his son to attend Chesterton High school, Eric is proud that his children attend Pine School and that they receive the same quality education he received as a student at Coolspring School and throughout MCAS.
Eric feels that the job of educating our children is at the classroom level, because educating isn’t about administrating it is about teaching. Unlike Gibson, he does not support Harding, and he will work hard to alleviate a top heavy administration, improve communication, and increase morale. He will make fair and equitable decisions that places the students best interests’ first irrespective of board consensus.
Clearly the best candidate for the Coolspring and Pine Township seat is Eric Hanke. He feels that if one doesn’t believe in our schools, then how is one supposed to sell it to someone else? I know I will be voting for Eric Hanke on November 4th for that same reason!
eric.hanke

Magnolia,

Thanks for your vote of confidence!

Eric Hanke
Roger Kaputnik
Hey, that wouldn't be "magnolia" in your avatar, now would it, Mr. Hanke?

You got my support by your obvious preparation and knowledge. Good luck!
m4liberty
Hanke for School Board!
eric.hanke
QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Nov 3 2008, 08:00 AM) *

Hey, that wouldn't be "magnolia" in your avatar, now would it, Mr. Hanke?
You got my support by your obvious preparation and knowledge. Good luck!

Sure is!

Magnolia and I are highschool sweeties.

The support from the entire community has been outstanding. Thanks everyone!

In less than 24 hours I will know if all the hard work has paid off.

Eric Hanke
Southsider2k12
The results are secondary. Winning is nice, but making a difference is what really matters. I finished third two years ago with about 28% of the vote in a 4 person race, and I will never forget that 2686 people thought I was the right candidate for them. Reaching people and making your voice heard is what is really pays off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.