Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newspaper Endorsements
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk > Election Headquarters
RexKickass
Did the News-Dispatch or Herald-Argus make any endorsements this year?
kharris
QUOTE(RexKickass @ Nov 3 2008, 03:24 PM) *

Did the News-Dispatch or Herald-Argus make any endorsements this year?

None!
eric.hanke
Is there still a newspaper staff in Michigan City to endorse anyone?

Based on what I am hearing there are only a few local reporters and photographers left.
Tom Burns
QUOTE(eric.hanke @ Nov 3 2008, 10:21 PM) *

Is there still a newspaper staff in Michigan City to endorse anyone?

Based on what I am hearing there are only a few local reporters and photographers left.

Do mass media endorsements, or other forms of editorials have any impact? Most broadcasters have dropped any form of editorial in recent years with the exception of a few TV stations. Our limited experience is that consumers often take an opposing view. I remember we joked about endorsing a candidate we considered incompetent in hope he would be defeated. (For the record that was not in Michigan City.) Tom Burns
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Tom Burns @ Nov 4 2008, 06:02 AM) *

Do mass media endorsements, or other forms of editorials have any impact? Most broadcasters have dropped any form of editorial in recent years with the exception of a few TV stations. Our limited experience is that consumers often take an opposing view. I remember we joked about endorsing a candidate we considered incompetent in hope he would be defeated. (For the record that was not in Michigan City.) Tom Burns

Hmm. Could I ask you guys to recommend a few people then? laugh.gif
Ang
laugh.gif I've got one or two to add to that list! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.