Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Election night
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk > Election Headquarters
Tom Burns
Almost all the LaPorte county results came in rapidly as did Berrien County. Porter County was a bit slower, then toward the end results stopped from LaPorte County. We staffed the LaPorte courthouse later to hopefully have results for our first morning news at 5 a.m.

Our biggest concern was unauthorized use of our mobile frequencies by broadcasters at Chicago's Grant Park. We depend on those frequencies to relay results from the LaPorte courthouse and have cell phones for emergency backup only. Cell audio is barely acceptable for broadcast. Since there were so many broadcasters and so few frequencies we sometimes suffer interference as our tower is only 38 miles from Grant Park. While we have first use of those channels there is one network operation from Chicago which occasionally cues camera crews on top of our broadcasts. Anyway we all survived peacefully and it is now midnight.
Roger Kaputnik
I think most of the results were pretty well settled by 9-9:30. But I was listening to WIMS, watching tv, and had the computer on.
Southsider2k12
I flipped around last night. ALCO was nice, but man did they have problems controlling the program they were using to scrolls statistics.
eric.hanke

I began at WIMS but the audio quality from the cell phone was annoying.

The radio dial made its' way to WEFM and stayed there for the remainder of the night.

I really like WIMS and hope they plan better audio quality in upcoming elections.

Didn't even have the TV on last night. Two laptops one MSBNC, the other all over the web, including ALCO, covered the events.

The wife and I cancelled our DirectTV a few weeks back and have not missed the distraction one bit.

Eric Hanke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.