Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RAVE: Elle Salon
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
JHeath
I just got home from Elle Salon, MC's only true Aveda salon. Love them!

From the minute I walked in and was warmly greeted, to the minute I left, I never felt like just another dollar coming in the door. Everyone was upbeat, courteous, and respectful.

This was my first appointment with Taylor, a newer stylist for them. I have very curly hair, and it can be difficult to cut. Not only was Taylor able to cut it, but she continued on to flat iron it in what seemed like no-time at all. I'm usually cautious about scheduling the second appointment, but I've already handled that before even leaving the salon.

Great service, from beginning to end, and you won't be over-charged like some other places. Check them out sometime. They're located on 8th Street, between Franklin & Washington.
Homey
I've heard good things about this salon too! My daughter said they have some pottery for sale too. I'll have to give it a try next time I need a pick me up!
IndyTransplant
QUOTE(JHeath @ May 21 2009, 08:47 PM) *
I just got home from Elle Salon, MC's only true Aveda salon. Love them!

From the minute I walked in and was warmly greeted, to the minute I left, I never felt like just another dollar coming in the door. Everyone was upbeat, courteous, and respectful.

This was my first appointment with Taylor, a newer stylist for them. I have very curly hair, and it can be difficult to cut. Not only was Taylor able to cut it, but she continued on to flat iron it in what seemed like no-time at all. I'm usually cautious about scheduling the second appointment, but I've already handled that before even leaving the salon.

Great service, from beginning to end, and you won't be over-charged like some other places. Check them out sometime. They're located on 8th Street, between Franklin & Washington.

Thanks for the recommendation. Price unfortunately is important to me also. Can you give us some idea of the price ranges for services?

JHeath
For Taylor to wash, cut, and style my hair, it was $31.00. She's a newer stylist there, but don't let that stop you. For a more experienced person there, you're looking at closer to $40 or maybe more.

Their number is 219-874-3553. I think they are closed this weekend (due to the holiday), but you can call either today or Tuesday.

Oh--I almost for got. Included in that cost is a scalp massage and sometimes also a hand massage. Almost like a mini-spa trip. smile.gif
Ang
I'm going to need my color touched up in a month or so, I think I will try them. I'm very sad to be leaving my stylist here. He's awsome, and makes me laugh my hiney off while I'm there.

But a mini-spa treatment sounds pretty good for just going to a hair salon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.