MICHIGAN CITY - Republican Keith A. Harris, Michigan City, has announced he will seek his party's nomination for the position of La Porte County Commissioner District 1 in the 2010 elections.

Harris said in a press release he believes it's time for a common-sense approach to governing and for practical financial decisions to prevail in La Porte County.

"There have been too many back-door deals and the promotion of personal agendas taking place over the years," Harris said. "My only concern in wanting to serve the people of La Porte County is to provide our taxpayers with honest and transparent leadership because public business ought to be public. It's time to give them leadership they can trust and believe in."

Keith Harris resides in Michigan City with his wife, Donna. He has owned and operated Custom PC Technologies in Michigan City since 1999, is chairman of the La Porte County Republican Party, an elected member of the Michigan City Fire Merit Commission, a member and vice president of the Greater Michigan City Republican Club, a member of the 463GOP Republican Club and provides volunteer services to the La Porte County Genealogical Society.

Prior to opening his business, Harris had more than 20 years of management experience in industrial, retail, service and governmental sectors.

"In the positions I have held, I can take pride in the fact that I was able to proficiently manage both people and resources within budgetary constraints," Harris said in the press release.

Anyone wishing to learn more about the Harris for Commissioner Campaign or to speak directly to the candidate can call 878-9780.