I guess this is kind of like heading the Republician party in Chicago...

http://www.michigancityin.com/articles/200.../07/news/n7.txt

GOP chairman named

From Staff Reports

Coral Laun has been elected as the LaPorte County Republican chairman, replacing Dave Pendergast. Laun was elected by precinct committee chairmen and vice chairmen Saturday during a caucus held at the LaPorte County Complex.

Other officers elected include Tom Rutkowski, vice chairman; Barbara Dreiner, secretary; and Diane Gonzales, treasurer. All were chosen to serve four-year terms.

“Even though no pay is received, volunteering for this position will involve working full time to be available to the great volunteers with their busy schedules,” said Laun, who added that questions, problems and ideas don't always happen between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Wednesdays, when GOP headquarters at 814 Jefferson Ave. in LaPorte is open.

“We must focus our energies on informing the voters that the ‘Party of Purpose' has truly qualified candidates who are dedicated to serving the needs of all citizens in our area. Their insight and conviction can bring more than hope to our area,” said Laun.

Laun and her husband, John, have been married for 47 years. They have three adult children and one grandchild. She graduated from Union Township High School and received an associate's degree from Purdue University-North Central.

Laun has been a delegate to the Indiana State Republican Convention eight times, was a volunteer for Indiana at the 2000 Republican National Convention in Philadelphia, is a past president and current president of the 463GOP Republican Club, a member of the Greater Michigan City Republican Club and a member and former treasurer of the Republican Women's Club of LaPorte.

“I must commend former chairman David Pendergast and vice chairman Fran Milo for all of their hard work,” said Laun.

She said Pendergast, a representative for Edward Jones, will continue to be involved with the 2nd District Republican Leadership, and Milo, of Milo Enterprises, is currently seeking the at-large position on the LaPorte City Council.

“I am very proud to be Republican and feel honored to be joined by such fine representation,” she said.