Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Winter Meet & Greet
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Pages: 1, 2, 3
lovethiscity
QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Nov 5 2009, 06:01 PM) *

These times and dates work well for me! I promise to make this one!

Does this mean we are doing Turbo Que?
Ang
bump
Tim
QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 20 2009, 05:01 PM) *

bump

Okay, I read that as burp.

Note to self: Make appt. with Dr. Golightly.
Ang
QUOTE(Tim @ Nov 20 2009, 04:32 PM) *

Okay, I read that as burp.

Note to self: Make appt. with Dr. Golightly.

That's twice. You hittin' the sauce?
Tim
QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 20 2009, 08:25 PM) *

That's twice. You hittin' the sauce?

Are you kidding?? It's 11AM here! And, yes. laugh.gif

So is this thing on or what? Maybe no one's thinking about Christmas til after T'giving.....
Ang
QUOTE(Tim @ Nov 20 2009, 07:52 PM) *

Are you kidding?? It's 11AM here! And, yes. laugh.gif

So is this thing on or what? Maybe no one's thinking about Christmas til after T'giving.....

Oh, it's on. Even if it's just you and me and LoveCity. Oh, and CCR promises to be there this year, too. At least 8 of us will be there, which really means about 14. So, it's ON my friend!
Tim
QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 21 2009, 04:39 AM) *

Oh, it's on. Even if it's just you and me and LoveCity. Oh, and CCR promises to be there this year, too. At least 8 of us will be there, which really means about 14. So, it's ON my friend!

Well then I can't WAIT to be there! It'll be a high point of my first trip home in 18 months - and I promise not to get surly!
ChickenCityRoller
Yes, yes, I promise to make it this year.

Tim, get as surly as you want, lol.

IndyTransplant
QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 21 2009, 03:39 AM) *

Michelle and I plan to attend also (unless my first grandchild is born at that time and we are in Pittsburgh).
Ang
QUOTE(IndyTransplant @ Nov 22 2009, 11:31 AM) *

Michelle and I plan to attend also (unless my first grandchild is born at that time and we are in Pittsburgh).

Awesome!!

We are destined for a good time.
Yokas
I'm in! Can't wait to see everyone. Have a great Thanksgiving!!
Tim
So how far are we from making a plan? It's December and I am ready!
Michelle
I don't think I've voted yet, but I'm planning to come, depending on when the new niece/nephew enters the world.
Tim
North Pole to Ang - when do we decide this thing? If it ends up me drinking alone at the Ritz Klub it's NOT gonna be pretty.

laugh.gif
ChickenCityRoller
Yeah, I need to nail down a time and date. How about the 26th at 1:00?
Ang
Okay. It's the Ritz Club on Saturday the 26th, but we're tied for 6 or 7. Since Dave voted other I suggest he make the tie breaker.

Also, the poll is open till the 20th, so if anyone else would like to attend, please cast your vote. Plus, I'll need to know if there will be significant others attending so I have a better head count for when I call.
Tim
I am REALLY pushing for 6pm as I have another engagement that night - as many may have. 7 can work, but will shorten my end time a bit. No problem either way. I see ChickenCityRoller wants to start drinking at 1PM - YEAH!

Though I'll be in a festive mood, I can assure all I won't be going for any of that don we now our gay apperal crap!

laugh.gif

ChickenCityRoller
QUOTE(Tim @ Dec 9 2009, 04:23 PM) *
I am REALLY pushing for 6pm as I have another engagement that night - as many may have. 7 can work, but will shorten my end time a bit. No problem either way. I see ChickenCityRoller wants to start drinking at 1PM - YEAH!

Though I'll be in a festive mood, I can assure all I won't be going for any of that don we now our gay apperal crap!

laugh.gif

So you're going to refrain from wearing leather tight leather pants and a wittle vest?

Tim
QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Dec 11 2009, 10:55 AM) *

So you're going to refrain from wearing leather tight leather pants and a wittle vest?

Not at all gay.

Ang
It's only gay if the butt cheeks are missing from the leather pants.
laugh.gif

NDReporter
I want to come, but I will be working that weekend. If it's held at Ryan's, I can at least stop by and say hi to everyone!
Dave
QUOTE(NDReporter @ Dec 11 2009, 04:26 PM) *

I want to come, but I will be working that weekend. If it's held at Ryan's, I can at least stop by and say hi to everyone!

Hey, write a story about it! Then you can party and be on the job at the same time!
Tim
QUOTE(NDReporter @ Dec 11 2009, 05:26 PM) *

Perhaps you missed Ang's post confirming that we're on for the Ritz Klub - but that's only a couple of blocks further away. Stop by!
Tim
Hmmm - this thread seems to have gone all Brittany Murphy. So - I'll be at the Ritz Klub on Saturday at 6pm. Hope to see some of you there! I leave on Wednesday. After I land at LAX my first stop is the Enterprise Rental counter - wher the same exchange occurs every time I'm there.

Sales person: Did you have a reservation?

Me: Yes - but I came anyway.

I'm sure they've never heard that.

laugh.gif
Dave
LAX? You drive here from Los Angeles??
Tim
QUOTE(Dave @ Dec 21 2009, 01:58 PM) *

LAX? You drive here from Los Angeles??

Good one! Except you should end that with "I'm here all week - try the veal!"

laugh.gif

I land in Los Angeles at about 9AM - grab a rental car - go to Hollywood for lunch with former co-workers - go up to Santa Clarita to see if my condo looks any smaller now that its value has... diminished - back to Burbank for a wine and filet mignon event with other pals - a dash back to LAX to catch the red-eye to Chicago.
Ang
I called the Ritz Klub today and he's not sure if he'll be open Saturday. I told him we had a party of 15-20 people planning to come there. Told him about the message board and that it would be good for his business. He said to call back tomorrow at 11. So, I will let ya'll know tomorrow if we're on for the Ritz. In the meantime, I suggest we think of an alternative location--Just in case.

My recommendation would be the new bowling alley perhaps? We don't have to bowl (especially since I totally create a vacuum at it laugh.gif ). But I'm sure there is a bar and some food.
Tim
QUOTE(Ang @ Dec 21 2009, 09:32 PM) *

I called the Ritz Klub today and he's not sure if he'll be open Saturday. I told him we had a party of 15-20 people planning to come there. Told him about the message board and that it would be good for his business. He said to call back tomorrow at 11. So, I will let ya'll know tomorrow if we're on for the Ritz. In the meantime, I suggest we think of an alternative location--Just in case.

My recommendation would be the new bowling alley perhaps? We don't have to bowl (especially since I totally create a vacuum at it laugh.gif ). But I'm sure there is a bar and some food.

Take the poll #2 call - Ryan's!
Tim
Wait - poll's tied! Wasn't someone going to not come if we do Ryan's? If so I'll leave it to everyone as I'm traveling but will be online once I hit MC. See you all soon!
Michelle
Not sure they'd be open? Boo!

I'm cool with either Ryan's or the new bowling alley as an alternative. Or basically anywhere else.
ChickenCityRoller
QUOTE(Tim @ Dec 21 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Wait - poll's tied! Wasn't someone going to not come if we do Ryan's? If so I'll leave it to everyone as I'm traveling but will be online once I hit MC. See you all soon!

No longer tied! smile.gif

I'm the one who had brought up the food violations and the story about someone smashing a pint glass on my face so yeah, I'm not really a fan. I'm sure the beer there tastes the same as the beer at Ryans though so yeah, I'll be there. (didn't see Pines Tap on the poll!)

Ang
We're on for the Ritz Klub. They are expecting us, so I'll see you all at the Ritz at 6-ish!
Tim
Greetings from Seoul Korea! See you at the Ritz - Happy Holidays!
Southsider2k12
Well I tried really hard to make it out this time... But of course my Dad decided to have us down Saturday at 3pm, south of LP. Sorry guys! I had a blast at our last winter retreat, dispite the weather.
Ang
You will be missed Ss'der but my camera is all charged up for pics!
ChickenCityRoller
Hey that was a lot of fun! I showed up a little early and it just so happened that I knew everyone in the place, lol. A couple people that I knew in there were from out of town, one was my old postman smile.gif **the guy with the white hair I was talking to holds the record for the most interceptions in a D1 football game, going back to the mid 70's.
Anyhew, it was a pleasure meeting all you guys, mostly for the first time. LoveThisCity and JHeath, I've met before but everyone else it was a first time for me. EcoTourist and his wife (?) were really cool and it was a lot of fun talking with Tim, the guy who loves M.C. so much he moved to the otherside of the planet! Just messing Tim, thanks for making the get together. I'll get some pics off my camera later.
Ang
Here are some of the pics I took last night. It occurred to me this morning that I didn't get any pictures of Michelle. She managed to effectively evade the camera all night! wink.gif I don't know if it was deliberate on her part or neglectful on mine. wacko.gif Hopefully someone else managed to get one they can post.

I had a wonderful time last night. Dave! What happened to you?

IPB Image
Tim & Ang

IPB Image
Tim & IndyTransplant

IPB Image
Ang & IndyT

IPB Image
Edgywood & Ecotourist

IPB Image
LoveThisCity - He didn't stay long but wanted to make sure I got all five fingers in the pic instead of just one! laugh.gif

IPB Image
JHeath her husband and a friend visiting from Arizona

IPB Image
ChickenCityRoller and his big ol' beer!
Tim
What a great time last night! So great to finally meet everyone - will post pics after I get back to Japan. thanks again! Tim
Ang
Now for the food. This place is just a burger/beer joint, but the food was absolutely terrific and the portions were HUGE. Our waitress was one of the co-owners and despite being a little sick and stuffy in the head, she did a pretty good job trying to keep up with us. The place is small--which only adds to the ambiance-- and I think we had to pull almost half the tables together for our group. All in all I really liked the Ritz Klub and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great burger and beer (or wine if you prefer).

IPB Image
Chicken strips and fries--OMG there was so much food for a great price!

IPB Image
Tim's half-eaten burger. These burgers were huge! No one could finish all on their plates, except for Edgywood and Ecotourist who had the common sense to share theirs!

IPB Image
Onion rings and cheese sticks, Michelle said hers was the best cheese sticks she'd ever had. She must've loved them lots because she was holding her hands over her dish to protect them from anyone who might want to snitch one off her plate. laugh.gif
Ang
Oh, one other thing I'd like to mention. Tim was very disappointed that the psychic didn't get his mental invitation.
IndyTransplant
It was a great time had by all. So enjoyed meeting Tim, CCR and Jenny. So great to see Ang, Edgywood and the ever inscrutable Love this City (sorry you could not stay long) again. Loved meeting friends and spouses also. I have to say, Tim, that it was a treat to meet you and your unexpected joyful personality (that does not often come out in your postings). Have a safe trip back and we hope to see you again.
Missed seeing Dave and Yokas along with their wonderful better halves. Hope you are all well and that all of you have a very Happy New Year.

Ang, As soon as I figure out how Michelle avoided pictures, I shall take pointers and avoid them myself in the future. However they are excellent pictures, so perhaps your daughter's fix of the camera was for the better. ;}
Michelle
It was a great night--good to meet some of you and see others again.

Haha, I didn't intentionally avoid pictures. I'm pretty sure I was in some, but apparently not Ang's. And I was not shielding my cheese sticks from moochers! Just warming my hands over the heat wink.gif

Dave
Sorry I missed the shindig, everybody, but I've been seriously sick for the past three days. I'm just returning to functionality now thanks to two consecutive days of over 20 hours of sleep and lots of NyQuil.

Crappy timing, as usual.
Yokas
I've been sick also. And sleeping alot. I'm finally getting better; but it's b/c I succumbed to zinc tablets.
Sorry I missed the meet & greet; I was excited about going. Sounds as though everyone had a terrific time!!
Michelle
QUOTE(Yokas @ Dec 28 2009, 12:58 PM) *

I've been sick also. And sleeping alot. I'm finally getting better; but it's b/c I succumbed to zinc tablets.
Sorry I missed the meet & greet; I was excited about going. Sounds as though everyone had a terrific time!!

Hope you're feeling better now. We missed you!
dawn
QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Oct 26 2009, 11:12 AM) *

I googled and actually found the link to the thread I started here. There is a reason it stood out in my memory, lol.

LA PORTE - The following are the results of La Porte County Health Department inspection of restaurants and food service businesses from September.

Inspections on Sept. 11

• Silver Horseshoe, 104 S. Main St., Wanatah: Four critical violations and four non-critical violations.

• Olga's Place, 454 W. Main St., Westville: One critical violation.

• Station 801, 801 Franklin St., Michigan City: Four critical violations and five non-critical inspections.

• Carlson's Drive In, 118 W. Coolspring Ave., Michigan City: Zero violations.

Inspections on Sept. 12

• Shoreline Brewery and Restaurant, 208 Wabash St., Michigan City: Five critical violations and nine non-critical violations.

Ryan's Irish Pub, 401 Franklin St., Michigan City: Eight critical violations and 12 non-critical violations.!!!!!!!<----

Inspections on Sept. 15

• Indiana Deli and Catering, 805 Indiana Ave., La Porte: One critical violation and four non-critical violations.

• Roma Pizza, 2400 Franklin St., Michigan City: One critical violation and three non-critical violations.

• Gourmet House, 1458 W. Indiana 2, La Porte: Three critical violations and five non-critical violations.

• Beacon Hills Banquet Center, 282 W. Johnson Road, La Porte: Two non-critical violations.

• Oak Wood Manor, 1211 Longwood Drive, La Porte: Zero violations.

Inspections on Sept. 16

• Heston Supper Club, 2003 E. County Road 1000 North, La Porte: Four critical violations and five non-critical violations.

• Eagles Lodge 2439, 301 B St., La Porte: One critical violation and one non-critical violation.

• Colima, 301 Lincolnway, La Porte: One non-critical violation.

• State Street Bar and Grill, 502 State St., La Porte: Four non-critical violations.

Inspections on Sept. 17

• Archies, 104 N St., La Porte: Seven non-critical violations.

• Great Wall, 49 Pine Lake Ave., La Porte: Two critical violations and seven non-critical violations.

• Maple City Coffee, 5426 N. County Road 325 West, La Porte: Zero violations.

• The Last Round-Up, 3454 S. Indiana 104, La Porte: Four critical violations and six non-critical violations.

Inspections on Sept. 18

• Hacienda Mexican Restaurant, 2148 Karwick Road, Long Beach: Two critical violations and two non-critical violations.

• Holly's Restaurant, 3705 Franklin St., Michigan City: Two critical violations and seven non-critical violations.

• Pottawattomie Club, 1900 Springland Ave., Michigan City: Two non-critical violations.

Inspections on Sept. 19

• Wendy's, 1210 Lincolnway, La Porte: One non-critical violation.

• Taco Bell, 202 Pine Lake Ave., La Porte: Zero violations

Woe! It is good to know this being a newbie!
Tim
^^^^^^^

Um - any reason you posted this on this thread?
ChickenCityRoller
Tim, I think Dawn (she?) posted that in this thread because I drug it over here from the other thread when myself and the other poster were going back and forth over Ryans. In anycase, I realize you're in Japan but stay true to your Indiana heritage and try to show the Newbie a little bit of "Hoosier Hospitality!" biggrin.gif

OK, I got a couple pics. I brought a camera but I forgot the memory card, doh! So I was limited to a small amount of internal memory. Here are a few:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Tim
QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Jan 8 2010, 12:39 AM) *

Tim, I think Dawn (she?) posted that in this thread because I drug it over here from the other thread when myself and the other poster were going back and forth over Ryans. In anycase, I realize you're in Japan but stay true to your Indiana heritage and try to show the Newbie a little bit of "Hoosier Hospitality!" biggrin.gif

OK, I got a couple pics. I brought a camera but I forgot the memory card, doh! So I was limited to a small amount of internal memory. Here are a few:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Trust me, that WAS nice. I'm usually a complete jackass. biggrin.gif

Great pics - I haven't posted as I've been crazy busy since I got back to Japan. It was so great to meet everyone - and I look forward to our next bash! Maybe we should do a group MC Trivia game or something - or a group sing-along of City By The Lake!
Homey
Tim, I'll be sure to be there next year if you play your guitar for us!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.