Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LP GOP has a new website
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk > Election Headquarters
Southsider2k12
http://thenewsdispatch.com/main.asp?Sectio...ArticleID=27403

GOP unveils new Web site

The La Porte County Republican Party has a new Web site at www.laportecountygop.org offering information about the party and its candidates.

Visitors can read profiles of each Republican candidate and have access to contact information for current Republican elected officials. Voters also can download voter registration forms and absentee ballot applications. Candidates can find downloadable forms necessary for the filing, and supporters can make donations and pay memberships online in a secure environment.

The LaPorte County Republican Party can be reached at (219) 326-9565 or by e-mail at lpcgop@verizon.net.
Dave
I was just browsing their website and I realized I don't know what positions are up in the next election. Anyone in the know care to share?
kharris
QUOTE(Dave @ Dec 4 2009, 01:30 PM) *

I was just browsing their website and I realized I don't know what positions are up in the next election. Anyone in the know care to share?

Dave I'd be happy to let ou know ... here they are from the top down

U.S. Senate (Evan Bayh's seat)
U.S. House (Donnely's seat)
State Reps (Dermody & Pelath for our area)
County Sheriff
County Prosecutor
County Assessor
County Commission District 1 (Bohacek seat)
4 County Council District Seats (Incumbents Garner, Yagelski, Mrosinski & Cunnigham)
Township trustees and boards (provided the state legislature does not do away with them)
State Auditor
State Treasurer
State Secretary of State
(these last three will not be on a primary ballot as they are chosen by state delegates as to whom will appear on the November ballot)
Both Parties will be electing state delegates ... I believe 28 each for the state convention in June
There will also be some members of the shool board up for re-election this year as well.

I do believe that pretty much covers it ... if I skipped anything I do apologize.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.