http://thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2010/0...b4858477203.txt

Mrozinski will seek second term on council

By Matt Fritz
Staff Writer
Published: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:17 AM CST
LA PORTE — Rich Mrozinski Jr., 60, of Kankakee Township is seeking the Democratic nomination for a second term representing La Porte County Council District 4.

Originally hailing from Rolling Prairie, Mrozinski was a high voltage electrician at NIPSCO for much of the 37 and 1/2 years he worked there. He retired from that position five years ago. He was also a sergeant in the Air Force during the Vietnam War, and is now the senior vice commander of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Indiana District 3. He is also on Indiana Congressman Joe Donnelly’s Veterans Advisory Team and is a member of the American Veterans.

He said he’s learned to work well with his other councilmen and, being a conservative Democrat, gets things accomplished with both the Republicans and Democrats onboard. But he still foresees rough times ahead.

“We are in a bad financial bind right now in the county, state and nation,” he said during an interview Thursday. “This is going to be a tough year. I’m going to rely on my first four years to do a good job and get us through this crisis.”

He said a few jobs have been brought to the state during his time, but there’s a lot of room for improvement. He rated his first term performance with a B-.

“But all in all I’ve given the people their money’s worth,” he said. “I go to a lot of meetings and I involve myself in a lot of things that I don’t have to do.”