Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not So Awesome....
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk
edgeywood
I've been in Chesterton the past few days and Awesome Car Wash (near Meijers) has been running help wanted ads in the Chesterton Tribune. I haven't seen any ads in the News-Dispatch. I suspect there is something more afoot than cheaper rates at the Chesterton Tribune. Not quite sure what to do with this info, but I know I won't support a business that does not attempt to hire locally.
Markus
QUOTE(edgeywood @ May 21 2010, 01:43 PM) *

I've been in Chesterton the past few days and Awesome Car Wash (near Meijers) has been running help wanted ads in the Chesterton Tribune. I haven't seen any ads in the News-Dispatch. I suspect there is something more afoot than cheaper rates at the Chesterton Tribune. Not quite sure what to do with this info, but I know I won't support a business that does not attempt to hire locally.

If I was a business owner in M.C. I think think I would look elsewhere for summer help too. This whole town is full of "do nothings"
lovethiscity
QUOTE(Markus @ May 21 2010, 02:58 PM) *

If I was a business owner in M.C. I think think I would look elsewhere for summer help too. This whole town is full of "do nothings"

So Markus, do you live here?
Tim
It could have to do with the ND's recent slide into a piece of crap. Unless the C. Trib also sucks. In which case, I got nothin'.

Hope that helps.
ChickenCityRoller
I agree with Tim. I'm sort of a classifieds hound, love going through them just looking and sometimes I'll pull the trigger. The ND's is so sorry, I don't even bother, just brings you to third party services and with very little in them.
edgeywood
QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ May 22 2010, 07:12 AM) *

I agree with Tim. I'm sort of a classifieds hound, love going through them just looking and sometimes I'll pull the trigger. The ND's is so sorry, I don't even bother, just brings you to third party services and with very little in them.

C. Tribune classifieds are not online as far as I can tell. That limits the circulation, but maybe that's the idea.
Ang
Well, from what I understand, it's very expensive to buy space in the N-D and the H-A. I'm sure this place has a limited budget and can't afford to buy space in the local papers. My guess is they went with the closest "local" paper they could afford.
Tim
QUOTE(Ang @ May 24 2010, 01:07 PM) *

Well, from what I understand, it's very expensive to buy space in the N-D and the H-A. I'm sure this place has a limited budget and can't afford to buy space in the local papers. My guess is they went with the closest "local" paper they could afford.

I took this to be a classified ads thing. If it is, they're not paid ads, are they? Hmmmm,,,,
edgeywood
QUOTE(Tim @ May 25 2010, 12:45 AM) *

I took this to be a classified ads thing. If it is, they're not paid ads, are they? Hmmmm,,,,

They do have an ad in the N-D advertising their business, we are just not good enough to work there.

Ang
humph!

If that's the case, then I'm with ya, Edgy and I won't wash my car there either.

I like that place on Franklin near Jiffy Lube. It's a little pricey for a car wash IMO, but they do a durn fine job of getting the car clean inside and out.
Tim
QUOTE(edgeywood @ May 25 2010, 08:48 AM) *

They do have an ad in the N-D advertising their business, we are just not good enough to work there.

Well then they can go sit on a sno cone.
edgeywood
QUOTE(Ang @ May 25 2010, 12:43 PM) *

humph!

If that's the case, then I'm with ya, Edgy and I won't wash my car there either.

I like that place on Franklin near Jiffy Lube. It's a little pricey for a car wash IMO, but they do a durn fine job of getting the car clean inside and out.

I dumped my 12 year old vehicle. Now that I have a new car, I'll check out the Franklin St. car wash!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.