Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mexican Buffet
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Homey
Has anyone tried the new Mexican buffet where Mo's use to be in the strip mall on Franklin Street? I wanted to hear some reviews before I try it out.
Ang
I personally have not eaten there, but some of my friends have and they say it's excellent.
Homey
thanks Ang!
Dave
Been there, done that. More than once. Good stuff, good prices.
Southsider2k12
BTW Santoyos is the name, and I have also heard good things, but not ate there as of yet.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(Dave @ Jul 12 2010, 06:11 PM) *

Been there, done that. More than once. Good stuff, good prices.

How's the margaritas?
Homey
Hope they aren't the pre-mixed stuff.
Dave
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Jul 13 2010, 08:35 PM) *

How's the margaritas?

Unfortunately, I think they don't have a liquor license.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(Dave @ Jul 13 2010, 09:25 PM) *

Unfortunately, I think they don't have a liquor license.

Man, not even Corona. That would automatically knock two stars off one of my famous 5 star reviews.
edgeywood
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Jul 13 2010, 10:00 PM) *

Man, not even Corona. That would automatically knock two stars off one of my famous 5 star reviews.

They have a taco bar.....;-)

Been there...Food is outstanding!
Yokas
We've eaten there MANY MANY times and we love it!! Good prices, great food...the first time we went, there was no alcohol, but I THINK they now serve beer
taxthedeer
We used to go to the Hacienda quite regularly on Tuesday night for their $2.00 frozen margarita mugs. Then when they had their fire we discovered El Salto on Indian Boundary Road in Chesterton, they also have a place in Valpo on north Calumet Ave. (they took over the old Binwilly's nightclub) and in the old Town Hall building on Ridge Rd. and Calumet Ave. in Munster. Their margarita's are the bomb, every kind of flavor, but be sure to have a designated driver because they're loaded with Sauza Tequilla. They got good food too. I always get the El Combo platter, Taco, Chimicaunga, Tostada, Burritto and Chille Relanos pepper. They also got good American cuisine too, burgers chicken wings etc. Great service, Kid friendly, great place to take everyone either before or after a big away game.

Here's their website:

http://www.elsaltorestaurant.com/

El Salto gets 4 1/2 stars (the only reason they don't get five stars is because they don't have a fourth location in Michigan City)
Dave
As an update to this thread, it seems that Santoyos is no more -- at that location anyway.

Which is a real shame, seeing as they had gotten a liquor license. I did manage to get a margarita there before they closed.
diggler
Anybody ever been to the El Bracero restaurant on Franklin ? They got some damn good fajitas there.
bandaid19
QUOTE(diggler @ Oct 1 2011, 05:04 PM) *

Anybody ever been to the El Bracero restaurant on Franklin ? They got some damn good fajitas there.

As far as I'm concerned, El Bracero is my first and last stop.. for Mexican or just about anything else. They're quick, reasonably priced, and on all of the high school "discount" cards that you get from teams/band and such.

The LaPorte El Bracero is great too.... although, I also like Colima's over in LP.

I highly recommend the Chicago burrito with steak... it's tasty!
Ang
Mmmmmmmm......Colima's! They have he BEST flan ever!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.