Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hammer's Closed This Evening.
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City at rest
MCRogers1974
I understand Hammer's will be closed this evening from 3:00 PM until 8:00 PM as the Purdue football team will be having dinner there.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(MCRogers1974 @ Sep 3 2010, 09:34 AM) *

I understand Hammer's will be closed this evening from 3:00 PM until 8:00 PM as the Purdue football team will be having dinner there.
My friend works in the Kitchen at Hammer's and cuts the prime rib and other slabs of meat for the teams when they go through the buffet line. That's quite a nice thing Michigan City has going for it that I bet alot of other communities would like to have.
Bellah
What is even more interesting is that the Clarion Inn(former Holiday Inn with Damon's) was were the team would eat when in town to play ND. They stayed at the hotel and ate catered dinner/breakfast and held meetings in the hotel banquet rooms. It was a big money maker for the hotel. One that eventually got out of control regarding price( HI owners had the upper hand as the only place in town to offer the amenity and raised the prices to ridiculous amounts)and many teams (Purdue, WV, Tenn, to name a few) complained.

Good to find out the teams are still patronizing a local establishment.

I worked at the HI in 2001/2002 and saw firsthand how much the rooms/food/expenses came out to for the teams.. We're talking 20K easy.
MCRogers1974
I seen pictures of the spread put on for the football team. They sure eat a bunch! Having these teams stay in MC is quite the money maker for the local economy.
Ang
Not to mention that they typically exercise on Ames Field--which has been hailed as one of the most beautiful high school football stadiums in the country.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.