Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Commercial Kitchen Space
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City at rest
bigchef_46360
As a few of you know, I am in the process of starting a catering/personal chef business. I had a workspace almost worked out, and the building had some issues that were too great to overcome for for what I can afford at the moment.

I am starting this business to keep the passion I have for the culinary arts, and do what I do best...catering and cooking for people. I am doing this with not a lot of start up, due to the nature of this economy, and knowing that I am going to likely have to work fairly close to full time, until things take off.

So, I am looking for a small workspace, with a few small pieces of equipment to get started with some refrigeration space. Not looking to open a restaurant, bar, or anything like that...just a small area to get started, and get the ball rolling.

Also, if there is a house/apartment attached, that would be great, but not most important. Really just trying to get my feet wet, and the ball rolling. I really feel I could have a niche in this area, and starting small, and building things properly, without getting in over my head is the right thing to do.

Thank you for your time, and if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Erik Tannehill
Chef/Owner
Outside The Box Personal Chef And Catering
taxthedeer
Plenty of culinary opportunities along the Boulevard. Kim Lee's & Kevin BBQ locations have been shut down for years. Mary's/M&M and King Gyros recently pulled out. With the economy and Boulevard construction now might be a great time to get a deal.
ChickenCityRoller
Eric, I'd be interested in talking with you, I have a food background. Is the workspace that you were trying to get the "Collins Caviar" space? That would be the PERFECT building for what you want to do.

I have a big 4'x8' flat top charcoal grill I'm trying to sell btw if you or anyone you know might be interested.
bigchef_46360
QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Oct 19 2010, 12:22 PM) *

Eric, I'd be interested in talking with you, I have a food background. Is the workspace that you were trying to get the "Collins Caviar" space? That would be the PERFECT building for what you want to do.

I have a big 4'x8' flat top charcoal grill I'm trying to sell btw if you or anyone you know might be interested.
Collins Caviar, not sure of that one. I have busy couple of days here, but if you want to shoot me an email address through a pm, or email it to otbpersonalchefandcatering@yahoo.com I would like to talk to you more in depth. I work about 65 hours a week at my job right now, I get busy at times. But definitely we can talk.
ChickenCityRoller
Eric, I will hit you up via email but in the meanwhile, here is a link to the space I'm talking about. I know that she was either trying to sell or rent out the space and it would be perfect. It's large, has a kitchen and I think the upstairs has an apartment and it's just a cool building over by the old brewery. Try contacting her through her email.

http://www.collinscaviar.com/move.html

bigchef_46360
QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Oct 22 2010, 07:53 AM) *

Eric, I will hit you up via email but in the meanwhile, here is a link to the space I'm talking about. I know that she was either trying to sell or rent out the space and it would be perfect. It's large, has a kitchen and I think the upstairs has an apartment and it's just a cool building over by the old brewery. Try contacting her through her email.

http://www.collinscaviar.com/move.html

Actually, I think Cottage Connections and Emma's Eats are in there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.