Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early 2011 election talk
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk
Pages: 1, 2
Southsider2k12
So what are the good rumors out there so far? The names are flying around, especially in the mayoral race. I have heard everything from Ben Neitzel to Joie Winski, Ron Meer, and Jim LaRocco, to John Jones.
Homey
Anyone but Oberlie...although you've mentioned a couple of names I just couldn't support. Ron Meer being the most obvious. I won't vote if I don't have more options. Some fresh blood and honesty would be refreshing!
huskers888
QUOTE(Homey @ Nov 15 2010, 09:10 AM) *

Anyone but Oberlie...although you've mentioned a couple of names I just couldn't support. Ron Meer being the most obvious. I won't vote if I don't have more options. Some fresh blood and honesty would be refreshing!

Interesting Homey, Mr. Meer is one of the most Honest representatives I know and Michigan city has. He is the opposite of Oberlie . They cant control him he is for the people of Michigan city.Not all the special interests like Milsap the puppet . Thats also why he has had the problems he has because the administration hates the TRUTH.And he exposes it and then addresses it. Hope he RUNS. J.B.
Ang
I'm not sure how I feel about Ron Meer. I've had some personal experience with him and I wasn't too impressed, to tell the truth. My first impression of him was "pompous a$$", and subsequesnt impressions weren't much better. But, those were in different circumstances and related to his son, and everybody knows that when it comes to your children........
(I am guilty of that myself blush.gif )

So, IF he decides to run for Mayor, I would be willing to listen to his platform, but my vote is moot because I live in LaPorte.

All that being said, my first impression of Mr. Oberlie wasn't too good either. I met him under "non-political" circumstances the first time (as City Controller) and wasn't impressed with him, and the second time I met him was at the St. Joe club during his first campaign, and well..... let's just say he was "enjoying" himself at the Joe....
Not that we all haven't had good times....

But the bottom line to all this is...

IF I lived in MC, and IF I could vote for a Mayoral Candidate..

I would vote for Joie Winski!!
Joie, I hope you run again this time 'round..
Don't give up!
Homey
I agree Ang. I have experience with both of them and know in my heart that I just couldn't vote for either one.

I like Joie too...she's been quiet. When do they start announcing?
JHeath
You know what they say...sometimes, you should watch the quiet ones the closest. wink.gif
Southsider2k12
After hearing what Bob McKee said last night about the firemans insurance costs, I sure hope he didn't have any plans at running.
Homey
Good advice Jen smile.gif
lovethiscity
All the Council Representatives that said last night, they had no idea the insurance costs for city workers were going up dramatically need to resign. To blame Oberlie for not making the tough decision of terminating or laying off $1,000,000 worth of city workers is ridiculous. He made the tough choice of digging into their pockets without adding to the extreme unemployment rate. The grandstanding council members loved the press when they forced the cuts in riverboat money spending. They were told what the result would be over a year ago. They could not see past the resolution and veto override. Wow, I can not believe I am supporting Oberlie and Milsap here, but they were the only two that acted responsibly on this issue.

COMMUNICATIONS
The Clerk read the following letter received in the Clerk’s Office on July 28, 2009,
July 28, 2009
Mr. Thomas Fedder
City Clerk
100 East Michigan Blvd.
Michigan City, IN 46360
Dear Mr. Fedder:
Please find attached ordinance #4066 adopted by the Common Council on the 21st day of July, 2009.
While I agree with the concept of the ordinance to reduce the amount of Riverboat funds utilized for operating
expenses, I do not believe this is the time to reduce the restrictions presently in place. As you know, to comply with
the recent state laws establishing property tax caps, the City of Michigan City must already reduce our 2010 budget
by two million dollars. This requirement alone is a formidable task.
The Common Council has previously, at my request and consent, authorized a 45% cap. By reducing the cap at this
time through this ordinance to 35%, one million dollars of additional appropriations will need to be removed from
the 2009 budget for the year 2010. Thus, if this ordinance is enacted, a combined total of three million dollars will
need to be removed from the 2010 budget.
In an attempt to reduce reliance on riverboat money for operating expenses, numerous initiatives are already in
place. This includes reduction of four police officers, four firefighters, nine dispatchers, and three mechanics in the
Central Maintenance department. In addition, upper ranks in the Fire Department have been frozen until, by
attrition, the number of Asst. Chiefs and Captains is in line with the current station alignment. We have
implemented energy saving measures in all departments, converted to a self insured worker’s compensation program
and brought our IT support back in house as the cost of private support escalated.
As I look ahead to the 2010 budget, I anticipate significant changes in the health insurance program for the
employees. I have anticipated a phase in over two years but, under the consequence of ordinance #4066, we will be
required to institute significant changes in a single year. I also anticipate additional staff reductions and replacing
our T-1 lines with a connection to the Michigan City Area Schools fiber optic.
Furthermore, property tax assessments have not been established for the years 2007 through the current year and the
2008 and 2009 municipal budgets have not yet been approved by the Department of Local Government Finance
(DLGF) leading to uncertainty and some financial risk as we proceed forward. Actual revenue and expenditure
lines are not known in spite of the fact that the 2008 budget has been closed and we are more than one-half way
through 2009.
Based on the uncertainties created by the state property tax loss (both tax caps and assessment process) and the cost
reduction programs already imposed, I am vetoing ordinance #4066 pursuant to IC-36-4-6-16.
Page 3 August 4, 2009
Should you support my veto of the ordinance, I can assure you that the administration has no intention of submitting
a budget that would exceed the existing 45% cap, but, will strive to reduce those obligations.
Sincerely,
Chuck Oberlie, Mayor
City of Michigan City

MichiganCityDDS
The big, heavy cart of the local nomenklatura needs to be overturned, and voting in a new, unconnected Mayor is but the first step.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(MichiganCityDDS @ Nov 18 2010, 09:36 AM) *

The big, heavy cart of the local nomenklatura needs to be overturned, and voting in a new, unconnected Mayor is but the first step.

The problem is that the baseline was set at $50,000 to win the mayors race last time around by Oberlie. If you aren't connected to something, you need to get your name out there somehow, which in this day and age mostly means cash. And usually you can't raise that kind of cash unless you are connected. Its a sad, vicious circle.
Michelle
Underfunded candidates shouldn't let that hold them back. An organized door-to-door campaign is still considered one of the most effective ways to win a local election, and all that takes is lots of time and lots of supporters. There are plenty of ways to campaign on the cheap.
RedDevilMC
MM..Lovethiscity,

I didn't say I didn't know insurance or health benefits could go up. My point is that the Mayor has to make hard decisions to figure out how to overcome shortfalls. My issue is I had no idea or input on what plans would be offered or when. He waited until the 11th hour to implement a new plan. He's known he had to deal with this for months. This plan, whether anyone likes it or not, is better than most of the insurance our taxpayers are paying out of pocket. No one said the Mayor couldn't ask the concil for relief from the riverboat cap. I just don't like the fact that we were back doored and pushed into a corner like it's the council's fault so that he (the Mayor) doesn't have to take ownership. He'd rather push it on us. Cool with me. We will just deal with it, like we always do. Some of you may or may not like my comments but it is what it is, I don't have a reason to grandstand politically since I'm not running again.

Our workshop is this Tuesday at 6:30pm at the CIty Hall. I guess we'll all find out what investigation was done on making the decision on these particular plans and why it happened so late in the year.

Angie
lovethiscity
QUOTE(RedDevilMC @ Nov 18 2010, 08:50 PM) *

MM..Lovethiscity,

I didn't say I didn't know insurance or health benefits could go up. My point is that the Mayor has to make hard decisions to figure out how to overcome shortfalls. My issue is I had no idea or input on what plans would be offered or when. He waited until the 11th hour to implement a new plan. He's known he had to deal with this for months. This plan, whether anyone likes it or not, is better than most of the insurance our taxpayers are paying out of pocket. No one said the Mayor couldn't ask the concil for relief from the riverboat cap. I just don't like the fact that we were back doored and pushed into a corner like it's the council's fault so that he (the Mayor) doesn't have to take ownership. He'd rather push it on us. Cool with me. We will just deal with it, like we always do. Some of you may or may not like my comments but it is what it is, I don't have a reason to grandstand politically since I'm not running again.

Our workshop is this Tuesday at 6:30pm at the CIty Hall. I guess we'll all find out what investigation was done on making the decision on these particular plans and why it happened so late in the year.
Angie

RedDevil, welcome back. I did not even hear you say anything about the mayor making the hard decision. What caught my attention was when the guy next to you said "the mayor did not make the hard decisions of firing people". To cut a million bucks from the budget, that is a lot of people loosing jobs. In fact kudos to you for attempting to get the insurance information. So that you could at least have the knowledge of what was going on.

P.S. Angie was one of only two council members with enough concern to even attemt to get the information before the meeting.
edgeywood
QUOTE(lovethiscity @ Nov 17 2010, 10:30 PM) *

The grandstanding council members loved the press when they forced the cuts in riverboat money spending. They were told what the result would be over a year ago. They could not see past the resolution and veto override. Wow, I can not believe I am supporting Oberlie and Milsap here, but they were the only two that acted responsibly on this issue.

In the past, the Mayor repeatedly stated that Riverboat Money should not be used for operational expenses. Its only recently that he's changed his tune.

Southsider2k12
QUOTE(lovethiscity @ Nov 17 2010, 10:30 PM) *

All the Council Representatives that said last night, they had no idea the insurance costs for city workers were going up dramatically need to resign. To blame Oberlie for not making the tough decision of terminating or laying off $1,000,000 worth of city workers is ridiculous. He made the tough choice of digging into their pockets without adding to the extreme unemployment rate. The grandstanding council members loved the press when they forced the cuts in riverboat money spending. They were told what the result would be over a year ago. They could not see past the resolution and veto override. Wow, I can not believe I am supporting Oberlie and Milsap here, but they were the only two that acted responsibly on this issue.

The irony is that this is the exact same thing as the property tax caps from an economic sense.
MichiganCityDDS
Bob McKee [I think it was he, maybe Jankowski?] at the Council meeting, "I wonder how many of the [attendees of the meeting] voted for the property tax cap?"
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(MichiganCityDDS @ Nov 19 2010, 09:16 AM) *

Bob McKee [I think it was he, maybe Jankowski?] at the Council meeting, "I wonder how many of the [attendees of the meeting] voted for the property tax cap?"

I know McKee mentioned a mayoral run in the midst of all of the Sanitary District mess, but with a couple of his recent statements, hopefully he reconsiders. He is burning a lot of bridges.
edgeywood
QUOTE(MichiganCityDDS @ Nov 19 2010, 09:16 AM) *

It was Pat Boy.
lovethiscity
QUOTE(edgeywood @ Nov 19 2010, 07:53 AM) *

In the past, the Mayor repeatedly stated that Riverboat Money should not be used for operational expenses. Its only recently that he's changed his tune.

Shows that what he says and does are not very compatible. As Controller under Brillson the spending of the gaming tax was started and has remained the same since the boat opened. The "Gaming" tax revenue is spent as followed.
1. Police and Fire pention fund
2. City employee health care (including a rainy day reserve)
3. MCSD sewer projects
4. There is no four after one two and three there is nothing left.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Michelle @ Nov 18 2010, 06:23 PM) *

Underfunded candidates shouldn't let that hold them back. An organized door-to-door campaign is still considered one of the most effective ways to win a local election, and all that takes is lots of time and lots of supporters. There are plenty of ways to campaign on the cheap.

There are plenty of ways to campaign on the cheap, the problem is that supporters usually follow money, and not the other way around. Having seen what being involved in a school board campaign brought out in people was amazing all by itself. There were things done by at least one of the candidates, plus lots of the people who were on the periphery in them that would just blow your mind. I could tell some stories that would blow your mind and change the image you have of some pretty prominent people in the area.

I'll bet the backroom maneuvering going on right now for the Mayor's office alone is scary. With the power, the benefits, and the salary of the mayors office as compared to the school board, I'd put up dollars to doughnuts that lots of promises are being made, and lots of knifes are being stuck in people's backs.
MichiganCityDDS
...and maybe lots said tongue in cheeks...
Michelle
QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Nov 22 2010, 10:42 AM) *

There were things done by at least one of the candidates, plus lots of the people who were on the periphery in them that would just blow your mind. I could tell some stories that would blow your mind and change the image you have of some pretty prominent people in the area.

Oh? Please continue.
Southsider2k12
http://thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2010/1...80927040506.txt

Several may vie for next shot at Mayor’s office

Michigan City City Hall. Photo by Matt Field
By Matt Field
Staff Writer
Published: Thursday, November 25, 2010 5:13 PM CST
MICHIGAN CITY — The midterm elections over, several Michigan City politicos are weighing whether to jump into next year’s mayoral race. Mayor Chuck Oberlie hasn’t announced whether he plans to run for a third full term, but a mix of potential challengers have begun testing the city’s political waters.

Former Oberlie electoral foes Joie Winski and Jim LaRocco said they are considering throwing their hats into the ring, as did Common Councilman Ron Meer. Councilman Bob McKee is weighing his options, as well.

Oberlie assistant Cindi Walus said recently that the mayor isn’t ready to announce one way or another.

“There have been no formal meetings where the campaign has been discussed,” she said on Nov. 18. “The mayor and his election committee will have an announcement at the appropriate time.”

Walus suggested that now that the midterms are over, speculation about the mayor has begun.

“I think the rumors are floating around because we just finished an election,” she said, adding, “I don’t think it’s anything new that rumors start flying.”

Meer garnered attention recently for his much-publicized fight with his former employer, the Sanitary District, headed by former Oberlie campaign volunteer Al Walus.

Meer claims he was terminated for reporting safety issues at the district to the state. The district settled the lawsuit regarding Meer’s whistle-blower case with the Indiana Department of Labor in an agreement awarding Meer $215.000.

Meer said Wednesday that people are helping him gauge his level of support in the community.

“I have already gotten some feedback from them, which has been optimistic,” he said, adding, “I’ve always said that I would never run for any office unless I had a chance to win.”

Meer, however, said he still may opt to run for his council seat. He’ll decide in the next few weeks, he said.

McKee, 49, said Wednesday he’ll make a decision about a mayoral run by the end of the year.

“The door or window, as it were, is still open,” he said, “but I’m not ready to move any direction at this stage.”

LaRocco, 60, said he’s giving strong consideration to running again. “I’m just going to have to wait and see whose doing what,” he said. “We don’t know what the mayor is doing yet.”

Winski, 60, said she’ll make a decision in the next two weeks.

“I’m investigating the possibility right now,” she said.

Oberlie, who will be 65 in the next primary election, bested Winski in what was essentially a two-person race in 2003, getting 55 percent to her 39 percent. In 2007, with three serious contenders, Oberlie got 51 percent, compared with 27 percent for Winski and 22 percent for LaRocco.

Candidates have until Feb. 18 to file to run in the May 3 primary.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Michelle @ Nov 26 2010, 12:32 PM) *

Oh? Please continue.

The biggest one was Beth Pishkur going into the WIMS sales office the first business day after candidates declared for school board to get me taken off of the radio, then calling back again when she heard I was still doing football to complain. The other big one involves what happened behind the scenes with WIMS telling me they weren't going to broadcast the basketball season for Michigan City, in favor of just Marquette and LaLumeire, and the history of what has gone on there for the past couple of seasons.
MichiganCityDDS
Matt Field's story underplays or ignores the relationships between Cindy, Al, and Chuck. Remember the family tree chart from the Parks Dept.? We need to draw up this one.
UTBMC
QUOTE(MichiganCityDDS @ Nov 27 2010, 12:37 PM) *

Matt Field's story underplays or ignores the relationships between Cindy, Al, and Chuck. Remember the family tree chart from the Parks Dept.? We need to draw up this one.

Can you describe what you remember about that family tree chart DDS, or what it was? Thanks.
edgeywood
QUOTE(UTBMC @ Nov 27 2010, 12:35 PM) *

Can you describe what you remember about that family tree chart DDS, or what it was? Thanks.

Here's the PDF of the Herald Argus article that appeared with the "family tree" graphic.
Southsider2k12
I've been told that announcement #1 is coming Monday morning on WEFM.
UTBMC
QUOTE(edgeywood @ Nov 27 2010, 11:10 PM) *

Here's the PDF of the Herald Argus article that appeared with the "family tree" graphic.

Thanks as I did not remember it being the Parks.
kharris
QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Nov 28 2010, 03:28 PM) *

I've been told that announcement #1 is coming Monday morning on your grandfathers radio station.

And it certainly did! Chuck announced he will not seek re-election. It will be interesting to see how quickly the field fills up.
Southsider2k12
So I wonder what the mourning period is for an outgoing mayor? I don't think people waited more than a couple of days to start announcing after Rich Daley stepped aside.
Michelle
QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Nov 26 2010, 04:25 PM) *

The biggest one was Beth Pishkur going into the WIMS sales office the first business day after candidates declared for school board to get me taken off of the radio, then calling back again when she heard I was still doing football to complain.

Yes, that sounds upsetting. But given the equal opportunity provisions for candidates on the radio, it's not surprising that she objected.

Chuck announced he will not seek re-election. It will be interesting to see how quickly the field fills up.

Quoted for truth. smile.gif
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Michelle @ Nov 29 2010, 07:31 PM) *

Yes, that sounds upsetting. But given the equal opportunity provisions for candidates on the radio, it's not surprising that she objected.

According to Ric at WIMS, she didn't want equal time, She wanted me off of the air.
lovethiscity
QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Nov 29 2010, 08:57 AM) *

So I wonder what the mourning period is for an outgoing mayor? I don't think people waited more than a couple of days to start announcing after Rich Daley stepped aside.

I'm in! Vote for me!
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(lovethiscity @ Nov 29 2010, 09:18 PM) *

I'm in! Vote for me!

Sweet. I am voting for you, so you already beat Borton.
lovethiscity
QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Nov 29 2010, 09:22 PM) *

Sweet. I am voting for you, so you already beat Borton.

Woo Woo, I win everybody else stay home!
Ang
Well, I'll stay home then and cast my vote by absentee ballot!
CaddyRich
Just to clear things up...

"If nominated, I will not run...if elected, I will not serve."

But if a cushy Parks job opens up, remember your pal CaddyRich, LOL!
davew
A political outside maybe, young and aggressive

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dave-Woodson...135641903155856

Dave
MichiganCityDDS
go, Dave, Go!
Southsider2k12
http://heraldargus.com/articles/2010/12/07...ec467523390.txt

Yagelski mulls bid for Michigan City mayor

By Matt Field
Published: Monday, December 6, 2010 5:07 PM CST
Staff Writer

MICHIGAN CITY — County Councilman Mark Yagelski said Thursday he is considering jumping into the already crowded field of potential mayoral candidates.

And in other political news, Democrats picked Faye Moore, a Fifth Ward precinct woman, to fill the remainder of Common Councilman Willie Milsap’s term.

Yagelski, a two-term county councilman, said he needed to discuss the idea with his company, ArcelorMittal, to see if he could take a leave of absence should he win the race.

“I need to find out about work,” he said. “If it is a case where I would have to leave my employment at the mills, then I would have to talk it out with my family.”

Yagelski, 51, who grew up in Michigan City, said he will announce his decision in the next few weeks.

Concerning Moore, Milsap has said he wanted her to fill his council seat if he was elected to the La Porte County Commission. Milsap achieved that on Election Night, but his Republican opponent, Keith Harris, has filed a petition for a recount.

Harris, however, doesn’t think the recount will overturn the results, and La Porte County Democratic Party Chairman John Jones said Milsap will be sworn in later this month.

Moore, 62, said she will seek election for a full term next year. A longtime volunteer at Milsap’s Fifth Ward Office, she plans to keep the facility open when she takes over.

She worked for the Indiana Department of Corrections in several capacities before retiring.

“Every new job is a challenge,” she said, “but I like challenges.”
Southsider2k12
http://thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2010/1...e3350042013.txt

Meer makes mayoral candidacy official

Pelath has ‘zero interest’
By Matt Field
Staff Writer
Published: Wednesday, December 8, 2010 5:09 PM CST
MICHIGAN CITY — Putting an end to speculation, Common Councilman Ron Meer announced Tuesday he will run in the wide-open 2011 mayoral election.

Also Tuesday, longtime State Rep. Scott Pelath said he has “zero interest” in running for mayor.

Meer said he considers his much-publicized fight with Sanitary District management to be over. Meer claims he was wrongfully terminated after reporting safety issues to a state regulator. He won praise and scorn following the district’s decision to terminate him, and the legal battle between the state and district that ensued

“I imagine there’s mixed feelings,” Meer said of his bid for mayor. “Some that are the management-type people might not care for it, but I think the blue-collar lunch pale kind of guy that works for a living kind of admires somebody that is willing to stick up for others.”

Pelath, who was first elected to the state Legislature in 1998, said in a press release his constituents frequently ask him about running for mayor.

“I am pleased that some terrific people of high quality are considering the job,” he said. “However, I prefer to keep fighting for La Porte County at the Statehouse.”

Pelath, a Democrat, said while Republicans won control the House, he will retain his seat on the budget panel.

“I now look forward to helping lead a proud, loyal and principled opposition,” he said.

Meer’s decision comes on the heels of Mayor Chuck Oberlie’s announcement that he will not seek a third term. Meer instead faces a growing list of potential candidates, including his council colleague Bob McKee, La Porte County Democratic Party Chairman John Jones, County Councilman Mark Yagelski and former candidates Joie Winski and Jim LaRocco.

Meer said about 200 people have asked about volunteering for his campaign. He put the amount he could raise at about $25,000.

Fundraising will be challenging, he said, citing the number of potential candidates and the weak state of the economy.

Beginning to flush out some policy points, he said he would prioritize building a new Police Department building over a new Parks and Recreation and Port Authority building.

“My whole family, all my investment is here in Michigan City,” he said. “So I want to continue to see us progress and not digress.”

Candidates have until Feb. 18 to file for the May 3 primary.
Southsider2k12
http://thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2011/0...29298833370.txt

LaRocco will run for mayor

By Matt Field
Staff Writer
Published: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:00 PM CST
MICHIGAN CITY — Former candidate for mayor Jim LaRocco followed through on a vow he made after coming in third in the 2007 mayoral primary election and said Tuesday he would run again.

The son of a former mayor, Joe LaRocco, who held the office in the 1970s, the younger LaRocco called this year’s primary contest an “even playing field.”

“I think that now is the best time to run,” he said. “There is not an incumbent to deal with. There are going to be quite a few candidates running and I think that I have a lot to offer.”

In addition to his previous bid for mayor, LaRocco also came in third after challenging former County Commissioner Mike Bohacek in the 2010 primary election. Although he’s had failed bids for office in the past, LaRocco said voters will look at him anew.

LaRocco, 60, a former Michigan City firefighter and owner of a pest control business, was one of three serious contenders in the 2007 mayoral primary. He got 22 percent of the vote that year compared with 51 percent for Mayor Chuck Oberlie and 27 percent for Joie Winski, who said she might enter the race.

LaRocco joins a field already as crowded as the one he faced in 2007. So far, only Councilmen Ron Meer and Bob McKee have publicly announced a bid for mayor, but others, including La Porte County Democratic Party Chairman John Jones and County Councilman Mark Yagelski have said they are considering running.

Oberlie announced in November that he would not run for a third full term.

Without naming names in a press release announcing his bid, LaRocco appeared to take aim at other announced and unannounced candidates for mayor, questioning what they’ve accomplished in their years in city government.

He listed forming an insurance group with surrounding government agencies as one of his goals in office.

Feb. 18 is the filing deadline for candidates who wish to be on the May 3 primary ballot.
Homey
QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ Jan 13 2011, 10:15 AM) *

Anyone going to McKee's kick off at Memorial Park on the 26th?
BTW - when is the deadline for filing? I hope to see a few more in the mix!
kharris
QUOTE(Homey @ Jan 13 2011, 02:16 PM) *

First day to file Jan 19th ... Last to file Feb 18th
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Homey @ Jan 13 2011, 02:16 PM) *

That would be the last of all of the mentioned candidates I would support.
Milldew37
QUOTE(MichiganCityDDS @ Jan 14 2011, 07:31 AM) *

Marc Espar tossed his hat in the ring.

From what I heard, Espar filed for re-election to his council seat, not for Mayor.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Milldew37 @ Jan 14 2011, 09:47 AM) *

From what I heard, Espar filed for re-election to his council seat, not for Mayor.

I have a question in to find out the answer to that.
kharris
QUOTE(Milldew37 @ Jan 14 2011, 09:47 AM) *

That is correct ... I heard him on WIMS this morning and he already has a billboard up near the old Jewel on Franklin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.