Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So....who are the best mayoral and clerk candidates?
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk > Election Headquarters
Treehugger
I've been following the races pretty closely, and I've gotta say no one has impressed me. Which is terrible, because now more than ever, we REALLY need a leader who will not settle for the status quo and will work with others to improve Our Fair City. I can't believe it's this close to the primary, and even after reading all of the surveys and attending some candidate forums, I haven't been able to choose.

I'm not asking you who to vote for. I'd just like to know why some of you will be choosing to vote the way you do. Maybe you know something I don't.
JIM2011
QUOTE(Treehugger @ Apr 27 2011, 05:47 PM) *

I've been following the races pretty closely, and I've gotta say no one has impressed me. Which is terrible, because now more than ever, we REALLY need a leader who will not settle for the status quo and will work with others to improve Our Fair City. I can't believe it's this close to the primary, and even after reading all of the surveys and attending some candidate forums, I haven't been able to choose.

I'm not asking you who to vote for. I'd just like to know why some of you will be choosing to vote the way you do. Maybe you know something I don't.

I am basing my decision on a few factors. Who is practical and doesn't promise things he can't deliver and just where did the thousands of dollars in donations come from? Give me someone who raises money on his own and doesn't owe favors.
JHeath
QUOTE(Treehugger @ Apr 27 2011, 05:47 PM) *

Treehugger, I'd encourage you to try and contact the Mayoral candidates directly, give them each 10 minutes of your time. See who you believe is the most approachable and sincere...who really seems to have the best interests of all of the citizens at heart, as well as who has the most passion for the job. Give them 10 minutes and a few pointed, specific questions. You should come away with a very clear idea of who has your support.

One more thing--I may be a little biased, and won't mention who I want you to vote for; but only because I'm the daughter and campaign manager for Joie Winski.

lovethiscity
QUOTE(JIM2011 @ Apr 28 2011, 01:54 PM) *

I am basing my decision on a few factors. Who is practical and doesn't promise things he can't deliver and just where did the thousands of dollars in donations come from? Give me someone who raises money on his own and doesn't owe favors.

I think you might be basing your decision on the fact that you are running for mayor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.