Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harding to South Bend?
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk
Southsider2k12
Rumor has it that Michael Harding's short stay in East Chicago is about to be over, and he is set to go to take over the South Bend Schools.
JHeath
Wow...hope they know what they're getting into.
taxthedeer
When I first came here Dr. Nathanial Clay was the MCAS superintendent who had come from South Bend. Sure is amazing how thing always come full circle.
bandaid19
Mr. Harding used to be with South Bend Schools for many years... before he originally came west (to New Prairie), he was the principal of Clay High School.
Ang
I can't see South Bend hiring him as a Super. He's earned a pretty foul reputation between us and New Prairie schools, and I know he was in SB before in some capacity. Rumor was he left SB on a bad note when he went to NP. He just needs to give up and file for social security, move to another state and be done with it. That's my opinion
bandaid19
SBCSC has been in a lot of upheaval over the last few years, and has just recently dodged a bullet.... all three of their schools which could've potentially been taken over by the state were not.

I think they see a chance to kind of start fresh again, and their interim super's time is up. South Bend likes home grown people, and I think Mike Harding would fulfill that.

I've known Mr. Harding for a long time, and while his reputation W of St. Joseph County is poor, it was not in South Bend. And, one of the many things he was criticized for.. he has maintained a residence in South Bend all of this time. So, it might be a logical step back.

However, no matter who is hired to SBCSC... they're going to have a tough row to hoe. Charters are starting to gain a lot of ground over there, and many parochial and private schools are strong and lauded by the community. With this last burst of intense scrutiny by the state, many people have rallied around some of the public schools in particular, so hopefully there can be some recovery in the community.
Southsider2k12
Well for the sake of the kids there, I hope he fits better than he did here or East Chicago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.