Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cafe Elite
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
JHeath
I used to be a fan of this establishment, but not so much after our visit yesterday.

My oldest daughter (13) and I took my mother to lunch for her birthday, and we were all very disappointed. They've taken many items off of the menu (only soups, salads, sandwiches, and burgers for lunch; also a limited dinner selection). There appeared to be only one server, so we knew that service would not be fast. She was most likely tired, but came off as rude when she spoke to us.

All three of us selected lemonade as our beverages. Two of the 3 glasses had foreign objects floating, and were returned to the kitchen.

I ordered a roast beef sandwich, they ordered burgers. The sandwich was okay, nothing too spectacular; they said the same of the burgers. The food was warm to lukewarm when served.

Along with all of this, the table was dirty and sticky, and I felt that it was definitely overpriced for what we were served.

While I hope that this is not the normal experience for the customers of Cafe Elite, but I was very disappointed...and will not be returning.
Southsider2k12
The first sign a place is in trouble is when they shrink the menu. Hopefully that isn't what is means in this case, because the wife really loves the place.
MCRogers1974
Wow, this is the first complaint I have ever heard regarding the place. I have to say we have never been anything other than totally satisfied with both the food and with the service. I would suggest you contact the lady who owns the place with any complaints. I bet we have eaten there a dozen times or so over the years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.