Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Al's Spec/Ramco Speck fishing lures
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City at rest
Michelle
Hi,

Long shot question. I'm researching fishing lures that were manufactured by Albert Replogle in Michigan City in the 1920s-1930s. They were sold under the names "Al's Spec" and "Ramco Speck." Al Replogle was a barber who had a shop at 318 Franklin St from the 20s into the 50s. Does anyone remember these fishing lures or have any personal knowledge of them?

These lures have a following among antique collectors, but information is pretty scarce on them. I have the information from fishing lure web sites and ID guides, but I was hoping to find something more personal, like a picture of Al or someone who knows how they were manufactured/distributed. Were they only sold out of his barbershop? That sort of thing. I tried tracing Replogle's descendants to ask them, but I've hit a dead end.

If anyone has anything to share, I'll compile it for the library's local history files. Thanks!

Michelle
Southsider2k12
I can't help at all, but good luck! It sounds like a cool project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.