Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiener Wagon
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
mcstumper
On my way home from church this morning I noticed that there were lights on at the old Morrison's Drive-In. A new place called Wiener Wagon has opened up in the past week. Stopped in with the family and got pork tenderloins, hot ham and cheese sandwiches, moz sticks and jalapeno poppers. It was all good stuff.
MCRogers1974
I will give the place a try and post my findings.
Southsider2k12
Tough time of year to open something like that, but I will have to get over there and try it. Thanks for the tip!
khool4
I stopped in the Wiener Wagon shop today. The guy apparently had an hot dog trailer at one of the gas stations. He said he was doing so well that he decided to move it into a regular shop.

I was not overly thrilled with my selection. I ordered the Philly Steak and Cheese. It came with green peppers and onions. The sandwich was apparently steamed or/and microwaved. It was so stinking hot that I honestly could not eat it for about 7 minutes. The bun got so tough (think wet bun that has been microwaved), that I had to throw it away and eat the meat out of it by itself.

I'm going to bet they have pretty good hotdogs and tenderloins, but I wouldn't go for the Steak and Cheese again.

I'm all for a local business being successful. Everyone should swing by and giving the place a try.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.