Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remember him?
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Sports
sprtsnck
It may have been a while, but do you remember Nick Dettmann, former News-Dispatch sports writer?

Recently, I released my debut novel, "A Life Worth Dreaming About." I had great times working in Michigan City before I left to take the sports editor's position at the Daily News in West Bend, Wisconsin. Things have been going well in West Bend.

But I'm writing to see if I can get your support for my debut novel. It was a project I hoped to have finished while I was still in Michigan City, but some obstacles I didn't figure on got in the way. But I finally did it. I wrote a book and got it published. It came out in February.

If and when you get the book, I really want to hear what you think of it as I've already started my second book. Your support would be sincerely appreciated.

My website has all the information you need on what the book is about, what's already being said about and where it can be purchased.

My website is: www.nickdettmann.com.

I hope all is well in Michigan City!
Southsider2k12
Best of luck to you Nick!
sprtsnck
I want to pass along that my novel, "A Life Worth Dreaming About," is now available at The Bookstore at the Lighthouse Outlet Mall in Michigan City.

I hope you get a chance to pick up a copy!

www.nickdettmann.com
Ang
Looks like a good read....I'll have to check it out.
sprtsnck
QUOTE(Ang @ Sep 6 2012, 03:12 PM) *

Looks like a good read....I'll have to check it out.

Ang, if you do, I'm eager to hear your feedback. It's the best way to help an author like me. The store has told me if there is a big enough demand, they'll invite me to do a signing and I would love to say hi to people.
Ang
I'll swing by there after work today and pick up a copy. I usually do the library thing, but I don't personally know any published authors, and to have a book from one who lived in my home town would be pretty cool. Especially if you do a signing.....
sprtsnck
QUOTE(Ang @ Sep 7 2012, 02:50 PM) *

I'll swing by there after work today and pick up a copy. I usually do the library thing, but I don't personally know any published authors, and to have a book from one who lived in my home town would be pretty cool. Especially if you do a signing.....

I would love to do a signing. But the store would like to see a demand for my book before that happens. So the more people that inquire about it and/or buy it, the more likely that will happen. Let me know if and when you do get it. And if you do, I sincerely appreciate your support!
sprtsnck
For those are tech savvy, I have a FREE mobile app for your smartphone, iPad and etc. With my app, you get updates of book signings, turn-by-turn directions to appearances, news updates and, best of all, special deals for my book, "A Life Worth Dreaming About."

Just go to your app store and search my name.

You can also go to my website, www.nickdettmann.com, and scan the codes for your smartphone.
sprtsnck
Featured on Kindleboards.com website today:

http://www.kboards.blogspot.com/2012/10/au...s-dettmann.html
sprtsnck
I recently had a reader comment on my book.

"It was a lovely story."

Remember, it is on sale at The Bookstore at Lighthouse Outlet Mall.
Ang
Nick,

I put your book on my Christmas wish list and Santa must have thought I was a good girl this year because I got it. cool.gif

I've been uber busy and haven't got a chance to start reading it yet, but I plan to dive in this weekend.

I'll give my review in the book thread......
sprtsnck
QUOTE(Ang @ Jan 4 2013, 01:15 PM) *

Nick,

I put your book on my Christmas wish list and Santa must have thought I was a good girl this year because I got it. cool.gif

I've been uber busy and haven't got a chance to start reading it yet, but I plan to dive in this weekend.

I'll give my review in the book thread......

Way to be a good girl this year biggrin.gif

And thank you for getting my book. I sincerely appreciate it. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. For it being my first ok, I'm really eager to hear feedback on it. I'm working on my second book right now, so any feedback will only make me better. The newspaper business has been rough lately, so I'm exploring back up plans. If you like it please tell others about it and feel free to leave comments about the book on Amazon and Barnes and Nobles websites. That'll be a big help, too.

Thank you again so much for your support. I sincerely appreciate it. Otherwise, hope all is well in Michigan City.
sprtsnck
Neat news regarding my book, "A Life Worth Dreaming About." It will be released as an audiobook through Audible.com some time this summer. I don't have a definite date yet.
sprtsnck
Hope all is well in Michigan City!

Wanted to pass along that I'm hosting a giveaway for five free copies of my book, "A Life Worth Dreaming About," in audio format.

You can sign up to enter through my website, www.nickdettmann.com

Deadline is Sept. 30.
sprtsnck
I still have some free audio copies of my book handy if you'd like one. Shoot me an email nicholas@nickdettmann.com if you'd like one!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.