Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CBTL: Catch-all Anything thread
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Roger Kaputnik
Yes, have a wunnerful day! Best wishes on your birthday, Southsider!

((yutz))
Southsider2k12
According to one of the headlines on Drudge, the gift card craze has now moved into healthcare. If you care enough to give the very best, give a doctor visit.
JHeath
Health care gift cards? I can understand giving one to a pharmacy, but seriously...this should be a HUGE red flag for our government, letting them know that our system is seriously flawed and needs immediate reform. Sheesh...
Ang
SSder and BioTeach are in the process of having baby number two as I type. For all you praying folks, please send a prayer for them to have zero complications and a healthy, happy baby.
I'm sure SSder will check in with us and let us all know how things went as soon as he can, but we probably won't see much of him for a couple days. Meantime, Moderator JHeath and I are here for any issues you guys might have.

((zebra))
JHeath
((absolutely))
Dave
As one of the non-praying folks, I'm wishing them good luck as well!
I sure hope they remember to have full scale birthday celebrations for the newby, having one's birthday the day after Christmas would have to kinda suck.
And when do we get to see pix on here of the newest CBTL member???

{{yeti}}
CaddyRich
((intrinsic))
mcstumper
Everyone make it through the wind storm ok?

((comatose))
Ang
It's ALWAYS windy where I live. Wind is just part of the winter weather. My first winter took some getting used to because a storm doesn't follow the wind here. Typically, November through February, we have 30-40 mph sustained wind with 50-70 mph gusts. Some days are worse, some are better, but it's always windy.

((eggplant))
Roger Kaputnik
Troll.
CaddyRich
((lucidity))
Ang
yellow
Dave
QUOTE(Ang @ Dec 27 2007, 10:20 AM) *

It's ALWAYS windy where I live. Wind is just part of the winter weather. My first winter took some getting used to because a storm doesn't follow the wind here. Typically, November through February, we have 30-40 mph sustained wind with 50-70 mph gusts. Some days are worse, some are better, but it's always windy.

Sounds to me like you need a windwill! Might as well put that wind to work!

{{wind}}
Roger Kaputnik

Beautiful heavy snowflakes here. I have got to figger out the
posting of photos.

((yesman))
CaddyRich
((noise))
Dave
QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Dec 28 2007, 12:03 PM) *

Beautiful heavy snowflakes here. I have got to figger out the
posting of photos.

You should be able to post a photo by clicking on the icon in the reply window that looks like a little tree, then insert the web address of the picture (yes, you'll have to upload your picture to the web somewhere. Yahoo, among other sites, has such a free service.)

IPB Image
Roger Kaputnik
A little boy ran into the house crying, "A car hit Eddy's dog, hit him right in the ass!"
His mom said, "No, you, sweetheart, you mean rectum."
Boy said, "Rectum?? Almost killed him!"

((ex))
Dave
I did just find this, which is kind of cool, you can see what the weather is like outside. Appears to be a live webcam at Lake Hills (which seems to be at Mullen Elementary) operated by MCAS.

http://www.mcas.k12.in.us/webcam.asp
Dave
{{xenophobe}}
CaddyRich
Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other, "Does this taste funny to you?"

laugh.gif

((elephant))
Ang
Two blonds are walking through the forest and they come upon a set of tracks. The first blond looks down and says, "Those are bear tracks." The second blond says, "No they're not, they're deer tracks."
They both got hit by the train.

((tiger))
Ang
IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Congrats to SSder and BioTeach!!
JHeath
What did the snail say after climbing onto the back of the turtle?
WHEEEEEEE....

((return))
CaddyRich
A mushroom walks into a bar. The bartender says, "We don't serve your kind here." The mushroom says, "Why not? I'm a fungi?" (fun guy)

Nyuk, nyuk

((nascent))
Roger Kaputnik
Big congrats on the baby, SSider! I have always liked the name Monica...

((trek))
Ang
kumquat
Southsider2k12
Well there is good news, and not-so-good news for us.

First off is the good news.

Alexis Christine Gresham, the latest addition to our family was born 12-27 at 12:27 am. She was 7 pounds even, and 19 inches even. She even came in with a head full of hair.

The not-so-good news is that she has had a couple of issues that worried the staff at St Anthony's so they wanted to send her to a facility that actually had a neo-natal intensive care unit, who specialized more in patients her size. They sent her over too Valpo/Porter Memorial Hospital where she has been the last couple of days. The great staff at our hospital caught her quit breathing twice in her first morning, which isn't all that uncommon. For those that don't know, babies come into this world a totally clean slate. They have no idea how to do things that we take for granted, like breathing, regulating temperature, eating etc. Well she stopped breathing a couple of times, and also seemed to have some circulation problems, as one of her arms turned a little blue. The doctors and staff at Porter-Memorial have been great as well. They have done a bunch of tests to rule out what could be wrong, and so far all the tests have come back with good news. It sounds like even if it is a worst case scenario, it will be something that the baby grows out of, so long term it won't affect her a bit.

It has been stressful commuting between MC and Valpo, and deciding how to split time between our two young children. Madison, our oldest, just turned two in November, and while extremely smart and perseptive, probably isn't ready to see her baby sister hooked up to IVs and wires, so she has stayed at home, while being watched by aunts and grandparents. I am staying home today with her, while mom goes up to be with the new baby.

Wish us luck, and think of us if you can. Hopefully little Alexis will be getting full clearance to go home soon, and this will all be done.
Roger Kaputnik
How was her L/S ratio? Heart chambers ok? I will pray for your family with hopes that all is well. Beautiful name, too.

((tryst))
Southsider2k12
Baby Alexis is coming home today with a clean bill of health! smile.gif Pretty much all of her problems fixed themselves, which is the best news of all.
Ang
Yeah!!! I've been praying for her, too. Glad to know that our prayers were answered and God is looking out for you two and your little one.

On a side note;

SSder and Bioteach: Amanda told me to tell you congrats! She's very happy for you guys, but said that now you need to try for a boy. wink.gif wink.gif
Southsider2k12
I think the kids are all here and accounted for... The bank is now closed wink.gif
Roger Kaputnik
Great news! I am very happy for you.
Ang
Mmmmmm. I just had a grilled ham & cheese and pickles. I love pickles!

((tintinabulation))
JHeath
Pickles? Like a good kosher dill...?

((nocturnal))
Ang
Most definitely a kosher dill!! Those are the only kind worth eating IMO.

((lettuce))
Roger Kaputnik
I advocate the alimentation of the following two:

1...Grilled cheese, served with a thin spread of peanut butter on top.

2...The Punjab special: Fried egg, slice of cheese, and peanut butter, on tasted English muffin.

Dee-licious.

((egghead))
CaddyRich

Fried bologna on toast w/mayo.

or one from my childhood -

Slice of bread...slice of bologna...4-5 large potato chips...slice of bologna...top w/ bread...press down to crush the chips, and enjoy! Yeah baby!

((dextrose))
Marram
Home from school. PB & J fried in butter until the PB is runny. Cold cold COLD milk. Sitting in front of the TV, tuned to UHF channels 44 and 32, just in time to see "Felix the Cat," Speedracer," then "Captain America," followed closely by "Ironman".

The only thing that could have made it better would have been if "The BJ and Dirty Dragon Show" had been aired on weekdays. "FIIEEEE!"

I guess it's the cartoons that make the sandwich.
Dave
QUOTE(Teach @ Jan 3 2008, 10:41 PM) *

The only thing that could have made it better would have been if "The BJ and Dirty Dragon Show" had been aired on weekdays. "FIIEEEE!"

Gigglesnort Hotel?
Ang
I LOVE that show. Also, H.R. Puffenstuff.

I also like fried bologna, but with mustard instead.

((enigmatic))
Roger Kaputnik
Cartoon Town was on after school. Remember the Lemon Joke Kid?

((erudite))
CaddyRich
((equatorial))
Southsider2k12
I just got Volume One of one of my all-time favorite cartoons... The Animaniacs.
Roger Kaputnik
Level
CaddyRich
((leaking))
Ang
gargantuan
Roger Kaputnik
Noon.
Southsider2k12
I can't believe the amount of water all over town right now. I went over Trail Creek on Highway 20 out by Hammers, and it looked like a river. Water was flowing all of the way up the banks and into the tree line. The flow had to be 30 feet wide yesterday. Drainage ditches and the like are just busting full right now. Hopefully everyone's basements are OK.
Ang
I heard on GMA this morning that currently, Indiana is the worst it's been in YEARS for flooding. Like breaking records all over the place. The Tippecanoe over-flowed its banks and some guy drowned. But, from Kentucky to Michigan, Indiana has record flooding all over the place. I was going to ask you guys about that this morning.

((never-never-land))
Dave
We received 1.21 inches of rain on the 7th, and 1.62 inches on the 8th. If that had been snow, yikes!

My favorite local weather site:
Weather Underground

They have info from lots of local weather stations, including one at the Beecher, which is about three blocks from my house.

{{deluge}}
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.