Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CBTL: Catch-all Anything thread
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Southsider2k12
Drop us a message and we can all try to figure out a good lunch time/date.
Roger Kaputnik
Ang, are you incommunicada while in MC?
Ang
Hey!!! I'm back on the board and back in WYO. Wow. What a trip. I stayed in Porter at my dad's and he doesn't have a puter so could only check in from time to time when visiting others.
While it feels good to be back at my place, I am terribly homesick for Indiana already (I haven't even been back 24 hours) so I have decided to return--for good. My current lease is up in November, so I will come back then. But, I think I'm going to change my status from "City-zen" to "Cheesehead" and live in Chesterton, or Porter. At any rate, I'll back.

I did spend some time in City, and I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to meet with any of you. I was SO BUSY the whole time, and staying in Porter made it hard to see everyone I wanted to see in MC. A few things I did see and would like to comment on:

1. The lakefront looks nice. The sand was very clean and looks well maintained. Of course I walked out to the lighthouse (and got a couple nice pics which I will post in the MC pics thread), but I parked at Galveston and walked. I didn't want to pay for parking to only be there an hour or so. All in all, I was pleased with the condition of Wash. Park, except that water pond thing they have. The water was gross with gunk floating on it and there was no circulation of water so it was stagnant. What a waste of a beautiful idea.
2. Striebel Pond just looks like a marsh or boggy area. Are they done with it? Can you swim or fish in it?
3. What is with that big honking behemoth called CVS? OMG, it's huge and looks grossly out of place where it is. Do they really have enough business to support a store that large?
4. I visited the Blue Chimp (good one Rog, I like that)and didn't spend one dime at the place. I walked all around and listened to some stupid band wearing afro wigs and multi-colored bell bottoms. They did 70's music but I was not impressed. Hope none of you play in that band-if so, I mean you no disrespect, I just didn't like the band. I only stayed for an hour and drank water. I will say that the girl who waited on me was lovely and had a very sweet personality.
5. THEY REARRANGED MEIJER!!!!! I couldn't find anything in that place.
6. Is Marquette Mall even open? I didn't go in, but the parking lot was always empty when I went by, except by Applebees. My son went there and he said half the stores are empty.

That's about it. Good to be back on the board. It's funny that I was there and so out of touch with every one. I missed you guys...
Ang
Hey!!! I'm back on the board and back in WYO. Wow. What a trip. I stayed in Porter at my dad's and he doesn't have a puter so could only check in from time to time when visiting others.
While it feels good to be back at my place, I am terribly homesick for Indiana already (I haven't even been back 24 hours) so I have decided to return--for good. My current lease is up in November, so I will come back then. But, I think I'm going to change my status from "City-zen" to "Cheesehead" and live in Chesterton, or Porter. At any rate, I'll back.

I did spend some time in City, and I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to meet with any of you. I was SO BUSY the whole time, and staying in Porter made it hard to see everyone I wanted to see in MC. A few things I did see and would like to comment on:

1. The lakefront looks nice. The sand was very clean and looks well maintained. Of course I walked out to the lighthouse (and got a couple nice pics which I will post in the MC pics thread), but I parked at Galveston and walked. I didn't want to pay for parking to only be there an hour or so. All in all, I was pleased with the condition of Wash. Park, except that water pond thing they have. The water was gross with gunk floating on it and there was no circulation of water so it was stagnant. What a waste of a beautiful idea.
2. Striebel Pond just looks like a marsh or boggy area. Are they done with it? Can you swim or fish in it?
3. What is with that big honking behemoth called CVS? OMG, it's huge and looks grossly out of place where it is. Do they really have enough business to support a store that large?
4. I visited the Blue Chimp (good one Rog, I like that)and didn't spend one dime at the place. I walked all around and listened to some stupid band wearing afro wigs and multi-colored bell bottoms. They did 70's music but I was not impressed. Hope none of you play in that band-if so, I mean you no disrespect, I just didn't like the band. I only stayed for an hour and drank water. I will say that the girl who waited on me was lovely and had a very sweet personality.
5. THEY REARRANGED MEIJER!!!!! I couldn't find anything in that place.
6. Is Marquette Mall even open? I didn't go in, but the parking lot was always empty when I went by, except by Applebees. My son went there and he said half the stores are empty.

That's about it. Good to be back on the board. It's funny that I was there and so out of touch with every one. I missed you guys...
Roger Kaputnik
Streibel Pond is actuallyy a San. Dept thing for water containment. It is not a Parks and Rec thing. It does not allow swimming, fishing, etc. It is getting connected to the mc trails.

I hate meijers.
Southsider2k12
So for all of those people who did the 7*7*7 wedding, they are probably now on their honeymoon on Friday the 13th...
Ang
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Jul 13 2007, 05:09 AM) *

So for all of those people who did the 7*7*7 wedding, they are probably now on their honeymoon on Friday the 13th...

laugh.gif That's funny!!! laugh.gif
Ang
What exactly does "CBTL" mean?
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Jul 13 2007, 10:55 AM) *

What exactly does "CBTL" mean?

City by the Lake
Roger Kaputnik
I was wondering, too. It seems so obvious now.

Is anyone else reading comic books?
Ang
Well DUH! I feel real stoopid...
Southsider2k12
I almost hate to say this, but I can't wait for the SuperWal-Mart to open up, because shopping at Meijer just drives me nuts anymore. I have never shopped at a place that so consistantly has empty shelves. We went Saturday afternoon/early evening, and it looked like a hurricane was coming as bare as the shelves were. Its annoying because you look at the Sunday sale ads and expect stuff to to be there, and it never is.

mad.gif
Ang
That has always been my biggest problem with Meijer. They put stuff on sale and never have enough product to support it. So, when you go there a day and a half into the sale, there's nothing there. I noticed that hadn't changed when I was there last week.
Ang
Okay, will someone else post some nonsense here so my name isn't listed on all the sections of the board index? lol
Southsider2k12
I can't wait for the Simpson's movie to come out, and The Departed was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time...

Hopefully that helps wink.gif
Max Main
I am hoping the movie is not horrible, like movies made out of other tv shows. I am gonna see it, but i dont think I could stand a full house with all the chit chat and popcorn crunching. maybe it will be at the drive in in valppo

oh, yeah, been away. good to catch up tho
Ang
Good to see you back, Max. I noticed you've been busy here. I'm anxious to get down to all your posts. Sometimes your wit totally cracks me up.
Ang
Aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!! That stupid ND website really frustrates me!! Half the pages never work and you have to refresh constantly to get them to load right. It's crazy!!
Southsider2k12
Is it just me, or is the head host at Dino's about the rudest man you will ever run into? How does someone like that end up in the hospitality industry???
Ang
I've only gone to Dino's late at night after a night out. The night people are wonderful. Espcially the waitress Tammy. I don't know if she's still there as it has been over two years since I've been there, but I used to tip her HUGE--sometimes her tip was more than the bill she's THAT good.
Roger Kaputnik
I may go just to see this rudenik. How is the chow?
Southsider2k12
Food is meh, but it is cheap. The breakfast is probably the best thing they serve, all though they do really good hot roastbeef and turkey sandwiches, served with mashed potates over bread.
Ang
I recommend the rosemarina soup. It's to DIE for!!!
Roger Kaputnik
I imagine the food is the same as at Lighthouse. I found the eggs quite overdone the two times I have ordered breakfast omelettes. I recommend the Reuben.
Ang
My little birdie flew out of the nest today. I'm so sad. He went off to job corps in South Dakota. I'm at work trying to concentrate but I'm not having much luck with it. I'm dreading going home to my empty place. I still have one more at home and she isn't coping too well with her brother leaving. If any of you are praying folk, please include him in your prayers. He flew out of Casper this morning for Rapid City. He had to go to Denver first (?!?!) and switch planes to fly back this way to Rapid City. That makes no sense to me. He's never flown anywhere, especially alone. He's a big boy (17) but a mother still can't help worrying. I'll be restless until he calls me to say he's there. So, please pray he has a safe journey. Thank you.
Southsider2k12
The flight thing isn't odd. There are a few "major" airports that pretty much every flight is going to go in or out of. Denver is a big stopping point for anything between LA, Chicago, and Atlanta. We just never notice is because being here we usually fly out of ORD anyway.

I can't imagine having a child leave the house! Good luck to him.
Roger Kaputnik
Dear Lord, we pray for his safe passage. Reveal Your wonders as he travels. Bless him in his ambition and work. Grant Your peace to his mother as her love follows him. Amen.
Ang
Thank you Roger.
Ang
My boy just called me. He made it there okay. He didn't get lost at the Denver airport and they didn't lose his luggage. Yeah. Now the fun begins. He gave me an address to write and another one to send packages.

I think I'm going to bake some cookies tonite. wink.gif

Ang
Lindsay Lohan says she's innocent. Hah!

"Office Honister! I don't know how that alcohol got into my system. I don't know how that cocaine got into my pocket. I'm not as think as you trashed I am."

What a joke. These celebrities today are a travesty. I use them as an example to my children on how not to behave. The sad part is that my daughter loved Lindsay Lohan and is pretty much devasted by her recent arrest.
Roger Kaputnik
I had never heard of her until I saw the Prairie Home Companion movie, thought she did a good job. Now all this. Shameful.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Jul 25 2007, 10:15 AM) *

Lindsay Lohan says she's innocent. Hah!

"Office Honister! I don't know how that alcohol got into my system. I don't know how that cocaine got into my pocket. I'm not as think as you trashed I am."

What a joke. These celebrities today are a travesty. I use them as an example to my children on how not to behave. The sad part is that my daughter loved Lindsay Lohan and is pretty much devasted by her recent arrest.

Hopefully she ends up in front of the same judge as Paris Hilton did...
Ang
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Jul 25 2007, 12:55 PM) *

Hopefully she ends up in front of the same judge as Paris Hilton did...

Yeah, I totally agree with that. And Nichole Ritchie should be behind her in line, with Brittney Spears behind Nichole. I know Britney hasn't really broken any laws, but she should go to jail just because she sets a bad example!
Roger Kaputnik
Remember that that judge was letting Miss Hilton leave jail and the public outcry stopped that.
Ang
It wasn't the judge who let her go, it was the sheriff and the judge was very angry and considered holding the sheriff in contempt.
Roger Kaputnik
I am proud to stand corrected and ignorant!
Ang
TGIF!!!!

I'm so glad today is Friday. This has been one awful week for me. My boss is on vacation and we have tons of renewals (I work in insurance in case anyone wonders) and it's just been one crisis after another all week long!
JHeath
QUOTE(Ang @ Jul 27 2007, 09:48 AM) *

TGIF!!!!

I'm so glad today is Friday. This has been one awful week for me. My boss is on vacation and we have tons of renewals (I work in insurance in case anyone wonders) and it's just been one crisis after another all week long!

'Tis the season, Ang!
Look at the bright side, a rough week makes you really appreciate the weekend that much more. biggrin.gif
Roger Kaputnik
Also, Ang, take pride in how you were able to handle a tough week and take pleasure in the help you gave the clients.
Ang
QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Jul 27 2007, 10:04 AM) *

Also, Ang, take pride in how you were able to handle a tough week and take pleasure in the help you gave the clients.

Amen!! I am simply proud of the fact I got through it with all my sanity intact and my hair on my head! I do have a feeling I'm going to have to come in tomorrow for a couple hours. Although, I can get as much done in two hours on Saturday as I can in four hours during the week. Especially cause there is no phones to answer and no calls to make! Saturdays are excellent "get the misc paperwork done" days.
Roger Kaputnik
Going to the Cubs game tonight! If Mil loses and Cubs win, Cubs will be ½ game ahead in the Central!
Southsider2k12
Booo! Go Brewers!
Roger Kaputnik
Well, Cubs did not win. They are one game behind the team from the state north of the state to our west. They are a 1½ games behind in the Wild Card (in 5th place!).

I am curious about Southsiders negativity. Is that just the typical White Sox fan's antipathy to the Northsiders? Just for the record, I am an NL fan because I do not like the DH. Like most of the Cubs fans I know, our attitude re the Sox is best described as indifference. Why Sox fans are so unnaturally hyperventilated about hating the Cubs is bizarre.
Southsider2k12
I think it is different working/living in Chicago, where the rivalry is a lot more intense. I hear just as much talking from Cubs fans, as I do from Sox fans. 99% of it is in good fun, just like in any other rivalry.
Roger Kaputnik
What about Garnett going to Boston?
Southsider2k12
We have a good debate going on the Chicago Bulls fan site that I frequent about this deal. Its pretty evenly split between people who think that the are the favorites in the East, and people who think they are way overrated. I think it gives them instant credibility as they have three players who can get it done. The lose all of their depth, but how much do they need with those guys each playing 40 minutes a night?
Roger Kaputnik
Sounds about right to me, too.
Ang
I don't know if any of you watch Good Morning America, but Robin Roberts has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is having surgery today. Please remember her in your prayers today and if possible, wear pink in her honor. Guys, I know you probably won't wear pink but ladies, if you can, put on something pink.
Roger Kaputnik
I have never heard of her. In MC, the Women's Bowling has an annual fundraiser, Bowling for the Cure, that I have been supporting. It is in Spring, so look for it.
Ang
She is an anchor on GMA with Diane Sawyer. Very lovely woman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.