Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CBTL: Catch-all Anything thread
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Ang
Knock! Knock! Knock!
Helllllooooooo (elllo....ellloo....ellloooo...)

Is this thing on?
IndyTransplant
QUOTE(Ang @ May 8 2009, 09:59 AM) *
Knock! Knock! Knock!
Helllllooooooo (elllo....ellloo....ellloooo...)

Is this thing on?

Who's there? biggrin.gif Ohhh.... I thought you were doing a knock knock joke.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Ang
Looks like me and you are the only ones here!

Wonder what happened to everyone else?
Ang
HAPPY MONDAY
Dave
QUOTE(Ang @ May 11 2009, 09:47 AM) *

HAPPY MONDAY

...Alex, the question is "What are two words that do not belong in the same sentence?"

mmmmmlllrpltz. Need coffee.
Ang
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Southsider2k12
The original lunar mission was done with 72K of computer memory.
Southsider2k12
I have declared today "Beach Day"! See there are advantages to being laid off tongue.gif
Ang
Well, next Wednesday has to be Beach Day again since I have to miss today's Beach Day.

You know, it's funny that you mention it today because I came into work this morning and declared (quite loudly) that I WANT TO GO TO THE BEACH TODAY!!!! And then you come along and call it as Beach Day.

I just told my coworkers that we have to close the office and go to Alcova (which is as close to a beach as you can get here) since Southsider said it's beach day. They agreed and said Thank you. wink.gif
IndyTransplant
QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ May 20 2009, 09:51 AM) *
I have declared today "Beach Day"! See there are advantages to being laid off tongue.gif

Did I miss a post about a layoff?

OOOH I wish I could come to Beach Day (but not possible today). SOOON!
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(IndyTransplant @ May 20 2009, 10:29 AM) *

Did I miss a post about a layoff?

OOOH I wish I could come to Beach Day (but not possible today). SOOON!

Yeah, there wasn't really a post about it... I have been around here a little less than normal because I am now doing the stay at home Dad thing...
IndyTransplant
QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ May 20 2009, 12:12 PM) *

Yeah, there wasn't really a post about it... I have been around here a little less than normal because I am now doing the stay at home Dad thing...

Stay at home Dad - very important position! My son and his wife have discussed that possibility as they are now expecting their first child (my very first grandchild biggrin.gif ). My son is in audio/video and could potentially work freelance to allow a stay at home Dad thing. Probably would earn a little less, but you save on other things that way anyway. whether the choice is an option or forced, embrace it....it is a wonderful opportunity for both the Dad and the children. (Like having a Beach Day - what fun!) Enjoy!

Ang
Hi Guys!

The board is acting hokey today and double posting. If you post something and it doesn't come up right away, navigate away from CBTL then back and your post should be there. If you don't and you try to repost, it will post twice. I've been deleting double posts (including my own) this afternoon, and when it happened to me, I figured out why.
Dave
I was wondering about that.

I was wondering about that.
Southsider2k12
The main site on the server has been uber busy because of trade stuff with the White Sox. The server has been in the redzone all day long. Sorry if there have been any problems.
Southsider2k12
Sat June 13 is the annual Village Green garage sale!
Ang
Whoo-Hooo!! I'm there!
Ang
Aaaahhhh......

A cup of coffee, a comfy couch, a laptop with an internet connection, and CBTL....what better way to start my day?

Except the board is acting hokey again. Has anyone been having problems with being sent to the first post in any given thread instead of the first unread post? Or is it my laptop acting hokey?
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Jun 18 2009, 09:39 AM) *

Aaaahhhh......

A cup of coffee, a comfy couch, a laptop with an internet connection, and CBTL....what better way to start my day?

Except the board is acting hokey again. Has anyone been having problems with being sent to the first post in any given thread instead of the first unread post? Or is it my laptop acting hokey?

I think it is your laptop. It is working just fine for me.
Dave
Seems to be a bit slow, but that could just be at my end.
JHeath
I thought maybe it was our snot jokes...making things a little sticky on your end. (I know...gross. Guess I've been hanging out with my 5 yr old son too much again. laugh.gif )
Dave
It's alive! It's alive!
Ang
Thanks to my powerful skills of resurrection! wub.gif

I'm off to the beach now, Dave has given me permission to go since I fixed the board. laugh.gif
Michelle
Happy birthday Ang! Hope it's a great one! smile.gif

IPB Image

IndyTransplant
Happy Birthday Ang!
Ang
Thanks guys! And Happy Cat WAS a drunk cat on her birthday, but that was starting Monday at midnight. Yesterday day she was a hungover cat. wacko.gif
Southsider2k12
The temperature showed up at 117 degrees according to the thermometer at Walgreens on Franklin and 20 at 6pm yesterday. Yeah its hot, but I think you might have a calibration problem.
Ang
A cold Silver Bullet works wonders for calibration. laugh.gif
Dave
QUOTE(Ang @ Jun 24 2009, 04:05 PM) *

A cold Silver Bullet works wonders for calibration. laugh.gif

I thought silver bullets were for werewolves?
Ang
yeah, that too. laugh.gif
Southsider2k12
Tomorrow morning will be 4:05:06 07/08/09
Southsider2k12
I will say that at least our President has good taste

IPB Image
Southsider2k12
Well hopefully no one else got caught in this last downpour. There are crazy amounts of water everywhere, and a good section of the northside is without power. I know the area right around the south shore tracks at Franklin is blacked out, as are the stop lights. There is also massive amounts of water making it impossible to drive in the right lane on Franklin St.
Dave
power still on at the moment at my place, four blocks from the SS station.
Southsider2k12
We got carry out from Oriental Pearl and they were out at about 5:30, as was the old Greenes Amaco station. You could tell all of the businesses and houses were out as well.

As of now, water is just flowing down Ohio Street like a river. There is inches of standing water everywhere, including my yard.
Southsider2k12
The right lane of highway 20 is still closed going eastbound just past 421. I wonder if anyone is looking to a long term solution for the repeated flooding from that marshy area over there?
Ang
I thought that's what Striebel pond was supposed to be for.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Aug 5 2009, 12:44 PM) *

I thought that's what Striebel pond was supposed to be for.

I think Streibel pond was more for Village Green and Southwood.
Ang
You said east anyway, didn't you? duh!

OH, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CRAIG!!!
Southsider2k12
Someone managed to hit a skunk right by my house... mad.gif
Ang
I would like to take a moment to offer my condolences to Doc Avila on the loss of his wife. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.
Southsider2k12
Wow, I can't imagine. Prayers indeed.
Ang
Happy Birthday Bio-Teach aka Mrs. Southsider laugh.gif I know I'm always late on these things, but I hope your day was good!
Southsider2k12
So while cutting the grass at my mom's house, the lawnmower blew up today. The gasket blew, and oil came pouring out of it. That can't be good for it...
Ang
I am going to start calling you Gilligan!
Southsider2k12
I saw a wild turkey today while driving along Freyer Road. You don't often see that in City.
CSchwanke
I have two baby deer living in my back yard.
Southsider2k12
Make sure to take today to the nines!

(09/09/09)
Ang
Where's Dave been? I haven't seen him here in a while.

Ang
Did you hear that?

It was the sound of a pin dropping at this place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.