Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CBTL: Catch-all Anything thread
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Dave
QUOTE(Ang @ Sep 9 2009, 12:48 PM) *

Where's Dave been? I haven't seen him here in a while.

I just got back from my annual week at the beach up in Holland.

The owner of the cottage said they had "wireless internet", which was true enough, but I think they plugged a router into a dial-up connection. It was painfully slow. So I was reading but not posting.

Had a good time -- we went up for rides in an ultralight. Flying around in a set of monkeybars with a couple of towels wrapped around them was pretty freaky at first, but after two or three minutes of mindless panic it was pretty cool!
Ang
Not me!!! I like my feet on the ground! I went out on the lake last night in a boat and was in a sheer state of panic once we hit the open water. So, we ended up just cruising trail creek. Fish weren't biting, but we had a good time anyway.
adam78sc
I'm a ninja. ph34r.gif
Southsider2k12
Happy Birthday LBL!
Southsider2k12
Well apparently Summer is over...

blink.gif
Ang
Yeah. I was thinking that today myself. Glad I was able to get outdoors yesterday.
Homey
I had to cut the grass yesterday...in the wind and sprinkles. I hate wind. I makes me feel on edge. I refuse to put on the heat just yet.
Southsider2k12
Is there anything more boring than moving files over from a crappy old computer? Over 12,000 pictures alone. It has taken all day so far.
JHeath
QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Sep 29 2009, 01:55 PM) *

Is there anything more boring than moving files over from a crappy old computer? Over 12,000 pictures alone. It has taken all day so far.

Yes, watching the grass grow.
Ang
QUOTE(Homey @ Sep 29 2009, 11:17 AM) *

I had to cut the grass yesterday...in the wind and sprinkles. I hate wind. I makes me feel on edge. I refuse to put on the heat just yet.

Don't ever move to Wyoming! They have 30 mph sustained winds practically all winter long.
Southsider2k12
I got my new tree planted today. Managed to get about a 10 foot swamp white oak for 75% off. It only cost me $40, and it is about 9 or 10 feet tall.
ChickenCityRoller
QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Oct 21 2009, 03:25 PM) *
I got my new tree planted today. Managed to get about a 10 foot swamp white oak for 75% off. It only cost me $40, and it is about 9 or 10 feet tall.

Where did you get that deal?

Southsider2k12
The finally have highway 20 reopened out by 520 in the Pines.

QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Oct 26 2009, 12:19 PM) *

Where did you get that deal?

Big R.
Southsider2k12
What a beautiful weekend! I hope everyone got out and enjoyed it.
Southsider2k12
Well it is officially winter... Snow is in the air. sad.gif
Michelle
Our long nightmare has just begun. wink.gif

I do like snow, though. Just not sunset at 4:00 pm. The central time zone is ridiculous.
Southsider2k12
Lighthouse Place is in awful shape right now. We went out there with a couple of coupons, and it was like they had done nothing to try to get rid of the ice. It was everywhere.
Ang
In case anyone is interested....

The Senate Global Warming Summit in Washington DC has been canceled due to blowing snow and freezing temperatures.
Ang
Happy Birthday to The Mikester! Hopefully he will put up a happy picture!
Southsider2k12
What a great day outside today! We took the kids up to Knapp and I couldn't believe how many people were out there. It is nice that we are finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for winter.
Dave
Happy birthday to dusk today!

And a bright sunny day it is!
dusk
QUOTE(Dave @ Mar 16 2010, 12:35 PM) *

Happy birthday to dusk today!

And a bright sunny day it is!

Why thank you, Dave!
Ang
In reading today's postings from various ND stories in the City Talk thread, all I can say is...

OUCH!
Dave
Two, not one but two birthdays today!

Happy birthdays to WOW and JoeJ !
Southsider2k12
I never knew that their were so many ambulance chasers in the area. The wife got into hit in the rear end with a car crash in front of the high school exactly a week ago. In the last two days, we have gotten big old pamphlets from 5 different firms trying to represent her, totally unsolicited. Is this really what we have become?
Southsider2k12
If you were asked to leave an establishment, would you go out to the car and grab the fake mustache and glasses? Let me just share with everyone that re-registering for a website immediately after being kicked off of it is exactly that obvious. Don't go away mad, just go away.
Dave
And a happy birthday today to eric.hanke!

Many happy returns of the day!
Southsider2k12
For those in LP Co with Comcast, look for me on the Final Four preview show courtesy of ALCO TV, channel 97 tonight at 7pm, and then on again both Friday and Saturday. Thanks to Don Varda and John Benke for having me on their half hour roundtable!
Dave
This place is too quiet today!
eric.hanke
QUOTE(Dave @ Mar 29 2010, 09:46 PM) *
And a happy birthday today to eric.hanke!

Many happy returns of the day!

Thanks!

Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 9 2010, 08:13 PM) *

This place is too quiet today!

I was pretty much out of town for the last two days, and have been outside helping building a kids playset today.
Southsider2k12
I don't know why, but the view accross the lake of Chicago is just outstanding today. If you can get up to the lake, do it and check it out! The sky is an extra sort of blue, and there is zero smog.
Southsider2k12
So while working in the yard, I found someone's NIPSCO bill... It was from some who lives basically on Vail and Hobart 2.5 miles away. Impressive.
Dave
Sincere thunderstorm this morning. Our power went out at about 3:30 a.m., so have to reset all the digital clocks. Pine Street was flooding curb to curb and up over the sidewalks. Not to mention water coming into my basement.
Ang
It was pretty bad in LaPorte. My 12 year old daughter actually woke up and crawled in bed with me. She hasn't done that since she was like 5 or 6.
taxthedeer
I logged on to the board tonight at 11:45pm and was amazed that their were 42 guests and 2 members reading this forum. ohmy.gif I also found it interesting that on the morning of July 12 recorded highest number of online users at 160, that coincided with the time the three inmates escaped from ISP last year.
Southsider2k12
Tomorrow morning is the big Village Green garage sale. 8 am to 2 pm.
Ang
Happy Birthday Adam78!! Will you be changing your number to 79? laugh.gif
Ang
Ha Ha!!

They just said, "Splash Plad" on WEFM
Ang
Yeah! My kids are back from WY. It felt so good to wake up this morning and have kids in the house.

My son still lives in WY and my daughter went there for a visit after school let out. I've been child-less for the past month...wandering about aimlessly...wondering what to do with myself...no messes to clean...no sassy kids to yell at...nobody to cook for.... **heavy sigh**

They both flew in last night, the boy is visiting for a week and will return to WY next Tuesday. sad.gif
Ang
I need dressers. If anyone has any they would like to sell for a fair price, please PM me.

My funds are limited so I can't afford to buy anything new, which is why I am asking here.
Yokas
QUOTE(Ang @ Jul 28 2010, 02:02 PM) *

I need dressers. If anyone has any they would like to sell for a fair price, please PM me.

My funds are limited so I can't afford to buy anything new, which is why I am asking here.

There's a new consignment store on Franklin St., next to Maxine's Restaurant--I think it is called "Revive". A friend of mine, and her friend, own it...and it has some cool, cost-effective items. You might want to check that out.
Southsider2k12
Hit the garage sale scene too!
Ang
I'm not much of a garage saler. I want to go, but then it takes a lot of effort to actually get out there and do it, and by the time I'm done it's been a rotten experience and I wonder why I ever went in the first place.

But I will check out the resale shop next time I get that way.

Thanks.
Ang
I guess there is no news in Michigan City. The online N-D hasn't been updated since Tues.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Jul 29 2010, 01:42 PM) *

I guess there is no news in Michigan City. The online N-D hasn't been updated since Tues.

The odd thing is that there was news up from yesterday, on Wednesday. Apparently it is turn back the clock day.
taxthedeer
It's my first thing in the morning routine to check the online N-D's obituaries page, if I don't see my name I then go make myself a pot of coffee.

Ang
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Jul 29 2010, 05:14 PM) *

It's my first thing in the morning routine to check the online N-D's obituaries page, if I don't see my name I then go make myself a pot of coffee.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Now I guess you'll have to wait till the next day to see if you're in there!

That happened to me once when I lived in WY. There was a gal whose name was very similar to mine, last name was the same and first name was Angelina (mine is Angelique) and she went by Angie-which is what a lot of people call me. That day the phones at work were ringing off the hook because our clients saw the obit and thought it was me.
Ang
UGH!! That Bozak commercial on WEFM with the knock-knock-knocking while the guy is trying to sell cars is SO ANNOYING!!!!!
It's supposed to be "opportunity knocking for a great car deal" but in reality it's just plain annoying-and not funny or cute in least.

I hate it when that commercial comes on, and they must've dumped a lot of money into that ad cause they play it ALL THE TIME!!

Aaarrrggghhhhh........
Ang
Happy Birthday to CaddyRich!!! Hope you have a wonderful day and get lots of fun presents!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.