Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CBTL: Catch-all Anything thread
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Dave
QUOTE(Ang @ Apr 29 2011, 03:00 PM) *

**sniff, sniff** Where is everybody. I feel so alone..... *sniff, sniff*

Can't you smell my cigar? biggrin.gif
Southsider2k12
So someone please tell me I am not the only one who hasn't been able to mow their lawn yet this year? It looks like I am doing a nature restoration right now! ph34r.gif
Ang
I've only gotten mine once, and the dandelions are incredible!! And whenever i have the time to put out weed killer, the stupid weather is bad! UGH!!
Southsider2k12
The dandelions are out of control this year. They have LOVED the rain.
Ang
QUOTE(southsiderMMX @ May 16 2011, 02:07 PM) *

The dandelions are out of control this year. They have LOVED the rain.

Hey Boss! You're gettin' close to 10K posts!!
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ May 17 2011, 09:16 AM) *

Hey Boss! You're gettin' close to 10K posts!!

Yeah, it is kind of inevitable now... Hopefully there were 10 or 15 that were worth reading laugh.gif
Ang
Anyone know when the St. Joe Fest is?
IndyTransplant
QUOTE(Ang @ Jun 22 2011, 01:39 PM) *
Anyone know when the St. Joe Fest is?

I think it is this coming weekend. I will be going by there in a couple of hours and will let you know when I get back.

Ang
QUOTE(IndyTransplant @ Jun 22 2011, 01:43 PM) *

I think it is this coming weekend. I will be going by there in a couple of hours and will let you know when I get back.

Thanks cool.gif
IndyTransplant
QUOTE(Ang @ Jun 22 2011, 03:01 PM) *

Thanks cool.gif

On St Joe's sign......Polish Fest June 24th - 26th. This weekend.

Ang
Awesome!!! Thanks
taxthedeer
My sister is Tonia the Lucky Lottery Lady across Franklin Street from the St. Joe Club at Tony's Lucky Stop. The crowd from the St. Joe fest keeps her really busy this time of year.
Ang
I love Tonia! She is my favorite Gas Station Lady.

She always has a smile for you even if she is having a bad day! When I'm in City and have to make a pit-stop, I go to Lucky just to say Hi to her because I know she will brighten my day.

Oh, and I went to the Fest and had a great time. The band Sat night was good and the bartender who reminded me of Hulk Hogan made the best Cosmo's. After the 1st drink, I never had to tell him again what I wanted. I love it when the bartender remembers me!
Ang
Hello Everybody!!! I hope you are all having a wonderful day and enjoying this beautiful weather!!
cool.gif
Ang
Must be the heat, but does it seem that people are being dumber lately?
Either that or I have forgotten mastery of the english language and am speaking some foriegn tongue that no one understands...
Southsider2k12
[goes to babblefish]
Southsider2k12
Anyone get out to the beach for the sunset last night? I don't know if between the big waves and the view of Chicago that it could have been more perfect. Days like that remind you why we live here.
Ang
If any of you are prayin' folks, please remember my Dad. He had a stroke today and is not doing well. Any and all prayers will be appreciated. God hears them all......

Thanks in advance.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Aug 22 2011, 10:44 PM) *

If any of you are prayin' folks, please remember my Dad. He had a stroke today and is not doing well. Any and all prayers will be appreciated. God hears them all......

Thanks in advance.

Prayers indeed. God bless you guys Ang!
JHeath
Ang posted an update on Facebook this afternoon:
"My dad's funeral will be at Carlisle Funeral home in Michigan City on Thursday at 11 am. We will have a viewing Wednesday evening from 4 to 8 and Thursday from 10 am until the funeral starts. After the funeral we will have a luncheon at the V.F.W. post in Michigan City. All are welcome to attend. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes. It really means a lot to me and my family to know there are so many people who care. Bless you all...."

Ang, we're all thinking you you and your family during this difficult time.
Southsider2k12
I wish I could be there Ang! God bless.
ChickenCityRoller
Ang,I'm really sorry to read about your Dad. Hang in there.
Ang
Thank you all for your personal messages and online sentiments. I really appreciate it. I am doing as well as can be expected. My dad's illness and death was very sudden and took us all by surprise, but he didn't suffer, and for that I am grateful.

Oh, and Rave to Carlisle Funeral Home. The Carlisle's are amazing people and I am eternally grateful for all that they have done for me and my family during our loss. When I die, I will have my funeral there.
Southsider2k12
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/2011...9926/1002/LOCAL

20 years for fugitive who craved burrito
The Journal Gazette

A 38-year-old man who led police on a two-county chase in 2009 that ended at a Taco Bell was sentenced to a total of 20 years in federal prison.

Jermaine Askia Cooper, formerly of the 1500 block of Grant Street, was indicted in the spring of 2009 on multiple charges related to cocaine trafficking – including distribution of less than 5 grams of crack cocaine, possession with intent to distribute crack cocaine and attempting to obstruct justice. He was convicted of the charges in May 2010, according to court documents.

The indictment came just a few days after police tried to arrest Cooper. He sped off,driving through a number of neighborhoods in south Fort Wayne, then headed toward Decatur on U.S. 27, reaching speeds of more than 90 mph.

He was arrested in a Taco Bell parking lot, telling police he knew he was going to go to jail for a while and wanted to get one last burrito.

As part of his sentence, handed down last week by U.S. District Judge Theresa Springmann, Cooper forfeits a number of guns including two .40-caliber Glock pistols, a Colt .45 and a shotgun, according to court documents.
Southsider2k12
For any Groupon users, Sahara is the deal of the day locally!
Ang
What's up with the ads on here? I had a couple pop ups and a couple "peel down the corner of this page to look at an ad" pages. Not liken it......
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Dec 4 2011, 12:53 PM) *

What's up with the ads on here? I had a couple pop ups and a couple "peel down the corner of this page to look at an ad" pages. Not liken it......

There are no ads on the page.
Ang
Well every day that I log on to this site, I get ads. Usually what I get it the top right corner of the page will "peel" down a little and when I put my mouse over it, the corner peels down more to reveal an ad. I don't remember what for cause I just close it, and I don't remember what thread, but I'll pay better attention and get back to you.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Dec 8 2011, 07:38 AM) *

Well every day that I log on to this site, I get ads. Usually what I get it the top right corner of the page will "peel" down a little and when I put my mouse over it, the corner peels down more to reveal an ad. I don't remember what for cause I just close it, and I don't remember what thread, but I'll pay better attention and get back to you.

Yeah, there should be no ads on the site at all. They have never been sold, and I have never had any plans to do so. You might have gotten adware along the way, but if you get me the particulars, I will follow up to be sure something isn't wrong.
Ang
I think it was my computer. I ran a scan and found some adware threats, which have since been removed. I'll let you know if anything else comes up....
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Dec 8 2011, 02:40 PM) *

I think it was my computer. I ran a scan and found some adware threats, which have since been removed. I'll let you know if anything else comes up....

No problem. Like I said, if it comes up again, I will check it out to be sure.

And if I ever did sell advertising, I would tell everyone ahead of time.
Ang
Yeah, I know how you feel about that, which is why I was very surprised when I got one. But I think I fixed the problem......

Hey guess what?

It SNOWED!!! Whooo-Hooooo
Ang
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOUTHSIDER!!!! biggrin.gif

Hope you have a great day and the sun shines all day long!!
Ang
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!!!
Dave
Thanks, Ang!
Ang
Happy Birthday Eric!! May your day be filled with lots of sunshine and "clowning" around! wink.gif he he
Ang
HAPPY BIRTHDAY INDY-T. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND EAT LOTS OF CAKE!!
Southsider2k12
Happy Birthday Indy!
Dave
Many happy returns, Indy!

(does that sound like something you'd say to an IRS agent?)
Michelle
QUOTE(Dave @ May 24 2012, 02:26 PM) *

Many happy returns, Indy!

(does that sound like something you'd say to an IRS agent?)

Indy's been really busy and I don't think she knows about your greetings yet, but I'll let her know. She'll appreciate your good wishes!
taxthedeer
I'm amazed that there has been three head high school football coaching changes in the Duneland conference this off season and one of them hasn't been at Michigan City.
Ang
What is the deal with people driving under the speed limit lately? Seems that every day I am stuck behind someone doing 5 or 10 under the limit, no matter what route I take. Very Frustrating!!
MCRogers1974
QUOTE(Ang @ Jul 2 2012, 12:15 PM) *

What is the deal with people driving under the speed limit lately? Seems that every day I am stuck behind someone doing 5 or 10 under the limit, no matter what route I take. Very Frustrating!!

I see the same thing lately. Mostly these are distracted drivers either texting while driving or talking on their cell phones.
taxthedeer
I have to slow down lots of times to avoid collisions with deer.
Ang
Those darn deer!! They just don't move fast enough! laugh.gif
Ang
Good Morning Everyone! Enjoy this beautiful day with the beautiful weather!
Ang
I read on Fox Nation that the President complained because Michelle Obama doesn't get paid to be the First Lady......

Like they don't have enough money and she doesn't get enough perks for being First Lady.

Talk about greed......Humph!
MCRogers1974
QUOTE(Ang @ Aug 8 2012, 04:27 PM) *

I read on Fox Nation that the President complained because Michelle Obama doesn't get paid to be the First Lady......

Like they don't have enough money and she doesn't get enough perks for being First Lady.

Talk about greed......Humph!

I couldn't agree more!
Ang
What's up with the local papers' online editions? I can't get into the HA or the ND. Anyone else having problems with those sites?
MCRogers1974
QUOTE(Ang @ Aug 15 2012, 12:44 PM) *

What's up with the local papers' online editions? I can't get into the HA or the ND. Anyone else having problems with those sites?

Seems to be working now. Probably some sort of server upgrade or glitch or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.