Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CBTL: Catch-all Anything thread
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Ang
QUOTE(MCRogers1974 @ Aug 15 2012, 02:27 PM) *

Seems to be working now. Probably some sort of server upgrade or glitch or something.

Yeah, I just got in a little bit ago....
Southsider2k12
The Hamster in the wheel musta took a break.
Ang
I just learned I will be performing at the Door Village Harvest Festival. They had a last minute cancellation and called us. Hope to see you all there. Look for the Silvermoon Dancers, there will only be two of us and we will be dancing at 10am on Saturday.
Ang
Nothing special, just wanted to change the date of the last post. ninja.gif
Ang
I just heard Johnny Cash do a cover of Depeche Mode. Odd, but it sounded pretty good.
Ang
Anybody know what was the cause of the traffic jam last night about 6:30 on 35S by the railroad tracks? This would be after the 20 split, going toward LaPorte.
Southsider2k12
Holy Crap, how had I missed out on Google Play before? Total awesomeness if you want to be able to access your music, but don't want to download it on to a player. It will even import from your ITunes, including all of your playlists. Google you have done it again!
Ang
I hate when I'm searching for something in the archives and it comes up in this thread.......you have to scroll through pages and pages and pages of stuff. UGH!

However, in doing so (I did not find what I was looking for sad.gif ), I came across an old game we played way back when and I think it would be fun to revive it....

Someone puts a word at the end of their post, the next person takes the last letter from that word as the first letter for their word, and so on. If you make a post in the thread, at the bottom put your game word in parentheses. If you just want to add a word then post just that word. Try to end your word with a difficult letter so the next person doesn't have it so easy, try not to duplicate words, and the more arcane the word the better--be creative. It's hard after pages and pages of words, but I hope you are all willing to play along.
The last word that was given was arguement.

(tablecloth)
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 15 2012, 02:31 PM) *

I hate when I'm searching for something in the archives and it comes up in this thread.......you have to scroll through pages and pages and pages of stuff. UGH!

However, in doing so (I did not find what I was looking for sad.gif ), I came across and old game we played way back when and I think it would be fun to revive it....

Someone puts a word at the end of their post, the next person takes the last letter from that word as the first letter for their word, and so on. If you make a post in the thread, at the bottom put your game word in parentheses. If you just want to add a word then post just that word. Try to end your word with a difficult letter so the next person doesn't have it so easy, and try not to duplicate words, and the more arcane the word the better--be creative. It's hard after pages and pages of words, but I hope you are all willing to play along.
(tablecloth)

Search hint. in the bottom right of the search template there is a section that is labeled "Show results as topics" and "Show results as posts". Topics is default, but you can change it to view as posts, and it solves that problem.
Ang
right on! Where's your word?
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 15 2012, 02:35 PM) *

right on! Where's your word?

[Help!]
JHeath
QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 15 2012, 02:31 PM) *

Someone puts a word at the end of their post, the next person takes the last letter from that word as the first letter for their word, and so on. If you make a post in the thread, at the bottom put your game word in parentheses. If you just want to add a word then post just that word. Try to end your word with a difficult letter so the next person doesn't have it so easy, try not to duplicate words, and the more arcane the word the better--be creative. It's hard after pages and pages of words, but I hope you are all willing to play along.
(tablecloth)

Hattrick
Southsider2k12
King
Ang
gnome
taxthedeer
I went to Garwood Orchard this afternoon because I had a taste for their apple cider...$7.95 a gallon...
JHeath
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Oct 21 2012, 06:59 PM) *

I went to Garwood Orchard this afternoon because I had a taste for their apple cider...$7.95 a gallon...

So that would make the Cherry Cider roughly $9? I'd heard there was an issue with the apples due to the drought conditions from late spring/early summer.

effervescent
taxthedeer
QUOTE(JHeath @ Oct 22 2012, 10:31 AM) *

So that would make the Cherry Cider roughly $9? I'd heard there was an issue with the apples due to the drought conditions from late spring/early summer.

effervescent

I like to mix Garwood's Apple Cider with a half glass DeKuyper Hot Damn Cinnamon Schnapps. It's good that way either on the rocks on or in a coffee cup warmed up in the microwave with a Cinnamon stick.
Ang
That sounds like it would be delicious after an afternoon of raking leaves!

(tax)
Ang
HAPPY HUMP-DAY!!!

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday and is able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. This will possibly be the very last nice weather day of 2012!
Southsider2k12
Indian Summer weather for sure... Live it up while you still can, THE END IS NIGH!
Ang
Question: Is this place set up to post pics off Facebook? So, If I copied a pic link from FB and posted here, will the picture show up? I know it works with photobucket (which is no more I believe?), but will it work for FB?
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 24 2012, 08:39 AM) *

Question: Is this place set up to post pics off Facebook? So, If I copied a pic link from FB and posted here, will the picture show up? I know it works with photobucket (which is no more I believe?), but will it work for FB?

It will, as long as you get the proper image location.
Ang
On FB, will the pic have to be set up to allow sharing with "everyone" vs. just "friends"?
jkeppen
QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 24 2012, 09:02 AM) *

On FB, will the pic have to be set up to allow sharing with "everyone" vs. just "friends"?

everyone and photobucket still works as well. I still for some reason have my account i just looked last week lol
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 24 2012, 09:02 AM) *

I don't believe that the security settings will carry over for a remote view with the IMG tags, but I could be wrong about that.
Ang
Wow.....so quiet today. I guess everyone is still trying to recover from last night.

(xeronic)
Ang
Does anyone know if they have Junior Achievement at the high school or middle school levels in Michigan City?
Ang
Happy Birthday Jerry Keppen!! Hope you enjoy this beautiful weather God gave us for your Birthday! I know I am. biggrin.gif
Southsider2k12
Remember the lighting of Washington Park is this Saturday!
Southsider2k12
To entertain my inter-nerd, I had the idea that as the facebook page adds new "likes", occasionally I will post a Michigan City history bit to correspond to how many likes there are on this page. For like #1816, the State of Indiana was admitted to the union in 1816. As a part of the redrawing of Indiana from a territory to a State, a 10 mile strip of Michigan was added to Indiana at its far northern border to give the State of Indiana access to Lake Michigan. This strip of land includes the area that became Michigan City. Good thing, otherwise when people asked where we are from, we could have been pointing at our hands to show them where.
Ang
Thought I would start my day with a song from R.E.M. biggrin.gif
Southsider2k12
Shiney Happy People?
Ang
laugh.gif
Nope,

It's the end of the world as we know it

And I feel fine. biggrin.gif
taxthedeer
For the lack of not confusing people:

Michigan City boys basketball coach/assistant principal John Boyd and La Porte County Sheriff Public relations officer Major John Boyd are two entirely different people.
Southsider2k12
Please help support the Class of 2014 at the high school as they raise money for this year's prom. My wife is their class sponsor, and they are selling Carson's Community Day Coupon Booklets. The booklets cost $5, and there is a coupon for $10 off a $10 or more purchase for the 1st weekend in March. There are also a bunch more coupons. The school gets all the money as profit for their organization. Let me know if you are interested, or you can click the link below to order one online. If you do this, the school still gets all proceeds.

Thanks!

http://www.bonton.com/shop/home/community-...3SCMDAYBK198419
Ang
Happy Birthday Dave!!!

Enjoy this warm weather on your birthday.
I'm sure it's not every year you get 60 degree temps on your birthday!

cool.gif
Southsider2k12
Happy Birthday Dave!
Dave
I actually did something for my birthday this year -- some of my co-workers and I went to the Blue Chip, hurt their bottom line at the buffet, and then gave more than enough back at the gaming tables to move them back into the black.

Which was pretty much the plan.
Ang
I just want to share with everyone that the streets in the City of LaPorte are SO BAD they would be better off if they were just DIRT!!

(whew! feel better now. smile.gif )
Ang
Where is everybody?
Ang
Is Carlson's open yet?
Southsider2k12
Yes. It opened in February.,
Ang
I looked for a post about it, but the only one I could find was from last year. But, I took a chance and drove over there....
biggrin.gif
taxthedeer
I'm watching game 2 of the Red Wings-Blackhawks series from the United Center on channel 5. Play-by-play announcer Doc Emerick mentioned a reference to the late Oakland A's owner Charlie O. Finley residing nearby in La Porte, Indiana. Cool. cool.gif
taxthedeer
I went shopping at the Hobby Lobby on Franklin St. in Michigan City today. When I was shopping I recalled that building was originally the Valuland II grocery store. There was a woman I stocked for in my early years at ANCO that worked midnights who lived in Michigan City named Fran Brown. Super nice lady, anyways back in 1991 Fran bought a Hoosier Lotto ticket at that Valueland store that matched all six numbers---$5 million dollar jackpot.

Fran was the only person I ever knew that got rich by working at ANCO.
Ang
QUEEN'S FEST STARTS TODAY!!!!
Ang
I am need of a caterer who will work at an outdoor event. Besides Cafe Elite, any recommendations? I'm getting price quotes and I've already spoken to Mark @ Cafe Elite.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Jun 12 2013, 03:07 PM) *

I am need of a caterer who will work at an outdoor event. Besides Cafe Elite, any recommendations? I'm getting price quotes and I've already spoken to Mark @ Cafe Elite.

Not sure what her schedule looks like, but I would recommend a friend of mine. It is a Chicago number, but she lives out this way. Lou Young is her name 708-717-3703

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SWEET-LOU-Th...0514?ref=stream
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Jun 12 2013, 03:41 PM) *

Not sure what her schedule looks like, but I would recommend a friend of mine. It is a Chicago number, but she lives out this way. Lou Young is her name 708-717-3703

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SWEET-LOU-Th...0514?ref=stream

Here is her webpage.

http://louthatswho.com/
Ang
Thanks S'sider. I checked out her menu and she doesn't offer what we're looking for. But she does have some delicious looking items and I will consider her for a smaller group.
I think we're going to use Great Lakes Catering, the guy who owns Top Dog. Our group will be very large and we need "cook-out" food and after speaking with Ed Kis, I think he has the experience to handle our group.

Speaking of which......
CCR: The powers that be decided to cater, not cook, so we won't be needing that grill afterall. But thank you for the opportunity. It's very appreciated. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.