Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimmy John's HQ moving out of IL, maybe to IN?
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City at rest
Southsider2k12
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/...l#ixzz28AiOdWLX

Jimmy John's founder is making a freaky fast move out of Illinois.

Jimmy John Liautaud first threatened to move his Champaign-based company away from the state last year after Illinois lawmakers raised the corporate income tax rate. And now it appears he's a man of his word.

Last week, Liautaud participated in a Illinois Policy Institute panel and revealed that he's moving to Florida at the beginning of next year, and taking the company's licensing division with him. And that's just the start.

"I think you will see us out of Illinois in the next 2-4 years and it will probably be Indiana or Austin, Texas if I was to guess," Liautaud said.

Liautaud said Michigan offered him a $3.5 million tax incentive package to move. He said Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels has been courting him hard and Austin, Texas officials flew Liautaud, his wife and a couple of Jimmy John's executive to the city on a private plane in an attempt to woo them.

Liautaud says his issue isn't with the tax increase itself, and that he doesn't mind paying Illinois or federal taxes.

"What I mind is how they spend the tax. I would stay, but the way they spend the tax is what's really driving me away," he said on the panel.

Jimmy John's is the second-fastest growing chain in the country.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/...l#ixzz28AinRWy2
Ang
I'm confused. He said IN or TX, and they said FL....which is it?
bandaid19
Liautaud is moving to Florida, along with the company's licensing division, at the beginning of 2013.

Company headquarters will relocate to IN or Austin, TX in the next 2-4 years.
Ang
Ok. I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up for me. wink.gif
Southsider2k12
Someone should come up with a cute and public campaign. A company like this is all about publicity. A facebook page, some videos, etc would be awesome to create that.
diggler
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Oct 2 2012, 02:32 PM) *

Bring em all in to Indiana.....especially to Laporte County. wink.gif
Ang
I'm for that......

Anyone remember the Quizno's commercials that had the singing cartoon hamster with the real person mouth? That was kinda creepy...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.